Chinese Name: 浙江 English IPA: /'dʒə'dʒjɑ:n/ Location: Southeast of China Capital:Hangzhhou Population:About 56,570,000 Language:Mandarin, Wu Chinese, Hokkien, barbarian, hakka, She language Time zone: UTC+8
As an eastern coastal province, Zhejiang is one of the richest and most developed provinces in China. Located in the west of the East China Sea, it borders Jiangsu and Shanghai to the north, Anhui to the northwest, Jiangxi to the west, and Fujian to the south. A good location contributes to the development of economy, culture, food, tourism, etc. Zhejiang also lies in the south of Yangtze River Delta. The Yangtze River Delta city cluster which consists of Zhejiang, Anhui, Jiangsu and Shanghai has achieved to be one of the six world-level clusters in the world. In 2016, G20 Summit was held successfully in Hangzhou, the capital of Zhejiang, which showed the city to the world. Zhejiang would welcome more opportunities to be better in all respects. In 2022, the 19th Asian Game would be hosted in Zhejiang.
- Diversity of Culture: Owing to its long history and good location, Zhejiang is inclusive to varies cultures around, thus diverse culture with its own characteristics have formed like Zhejiang cuisine, art, language, etc.
- Zhejiang Cuisine: Zhejiang cuisine is one of the great eight traditional cuisines in China. Zhejiang, known as the land of fish and rice, is blessed with abundant kinds of ingredients for food such as more than 500 types fishes and shell products. The fertile land contributes a lot to Zhejiang cuisine. Besides, the long history and profound culture also make Zhejiang cuisine differ from other cuisines with its own characteristics.
- Amazing Landscapes: Zhejiang provides numerous historical and natural sights like West Lake, Mount Tiantai, Mount Putuo, Qiandao Lake, Mount Mogan, Wuzhen, Xitang, Liangzhu Cultural Relics, Qiantang River, etc.
- Places of Talents: Zhejiang is home of lots of famous people such as Gong Zizhen, Wang Shouren, Luxun, Zhu Danxi, Zhou Enlai, Cai Yuanpei, Shao Yifu, etc. who contribute a lot to China’s development of literature, science, history, art, commerce, medicine, etc.
Hot Destinations in Zhejiang
Other Destinations in Zhejiang
In Zhejiang, there are 18 national key scenic spots, 42 provincial scenic areas, 6 national famous historical and cultural cities, 12 provincial-level historical and cultural cities, 134 national key cultural relics protection units, 297 provincial key cultural relics protection units, etc. So you could visit a great deal of tourist attractions in Zhejiang province, such as the West Lake, Heng Dian World Studios, Yandang Mountain, Qiandao Lake, South Lake, Qiantang River, Wuzhen, Xixi National Wet Land Park, Mogan Mountain, Fenghuang [...]
As one of the most popular tourist attractions in China with lots of natural and cultural landscapes, traveling Zhejiang would be amazing for tourists. In order to save your time and offer you better tourism experience, we have designed some tour routes that might be helpful for you. For instance, 1 day for Hangzhou Grand Canal and Qiantang River Night Cruise Tour, 1 Day Hangzhou Tour to Xixi National Wetland Park, West Lake Cruise and Dragon Well Tea [...]
- More City Tours Including Zhejiang >>
- More China Provinces Tours Including Zhejiang >>
- More Multi-City Tours Including Zhejiang >>
- All Tours Including Zhejiang >>
Climate & When to Go
The climate and weather in Zhejiang varies in four distinctive seasons. Spring is at the turn of East Asian monsoon from winter monsoon to summer monsoon. Zhejiang in this period are cold and rainy with frequent coastal and offshore wind. The rainfall increases and sunny days come uncertainly. Average temperature is between 13℃ and 18℃. The temperature decrease from inland areas to coastal areas and the precipitation reduces from southwestern to northeastern coast gradually. Rainy days range from 41 to 62 [...]
In Zhejiang province, you could take train, high-speed train, plane, interprovincial coach to reach most cities in China. In addition, there is an international airport, where you could take plane to many countries in the world. Here is some major information about Zhejiang transportation systems. Railway There are more than 15 railway routes in Zhejiang province now, and more than 15 ones are under building and planning. The largest train station is Hangzhoudong Railway Station, which serves high-speed train, traditonal train, subway, [...]
Festivals and Activities
Here are some further information about Zhejiang festivals and activities. China International Qianjiang River Tidal Bore Festival China International Qianjiang River Tidal Bore Festival is one the major tourism activities in Zhejiang. With tidal bore watching as the main theme of the activity, it offers sacrifice to tide and all kinds of garden visiting. Its ceremony usually falls on the sixteenth day of the eighth lunar month at Zhonggulou Square, Yanguan, Jiaxing city, Zhejiang province. People represent culture of tidal [...]
Every place varies from others in climate, food, activities, etc. In order to provides you some help, we have some travel tips that you may need during Zhejiang travel journey. Zhejiang encounters plum rain, so umbrella is needed if you travel there in this period. Some bus systems may have holidays on weekends, so if you need bus taking, pay much attention to it. If you’d like to visit Zhejiang in golden travel seasons, please prepare for meeting lots [...]
We have collected some useful Zhejiang maps like Zhejiang's location in China, Zhejiang regional map, Zhejiang attractions map, Zhejiang cities map, Hangzhou attractions map, Map of Scenic spots around Hangzhou, the West Lake travel map, Wuzhen travel map etc. to help you plan your travel in Zhejiang easier. [...]
Zhejiang is a province with fairly good economic development, and tourism grows well, so you could enjoy hotels with all levels. What you might need to keep in mind is if you travel there in busy seasons, you’d better book your accommodation in advance. Recommended Hotels The Azure Qiantang, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Hangzhou: Located in the Shangcheng area, it has luxurious facilities such as indoor swimming pool and public coffee areas. Add: No.39, Wangjiang East Road, Shangcheng District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, [...]