Chinese Name: 杭州 English IPA: /hɒnŋ'dʒəʊ/ Location: Southeast China Population (city): 9,468,000 Language: Hangzhou dialect, Mandarin Zip code: 310000 Tel code: 0571 Time zone: UTC+8
Hangzhou, the capital of Zhejiang province, which is located in north of Zhejiang province and the southeast coastal region in China, is renowned as a paradise on earth because of its wonderful sceneries. With a profound basis of culture, its long history of 2,200 years and a large number of human heritages and natural landscapes, Hangzhou has become a hot city for tourists. Furthermore, its Internet economy and rapid development have attracted a lot of people and events from all over the world to gather there.
Highlights of Hangzhou
- Diverse Hangzhou Culture: Hangzhou is a historical and cultural city with a serious of cultures such as Liangzhu culture, Wuyue culture, the Southern Song dynasty culture, the Ming and Qing dynasties culture, the West Lake culture, silk culture and tea culture. Longjing Tea, Hangzhou Silk and Hangzhou Embroidery are the representatives of Hangzhou culture, together with the West Lake culture.
- Wonderful Sceneries: Hangzhou has become a popular tourist attraction because of its diverse scenery spots such as West Lake, Longjing Tea Plantation, Xixi National Wetland Park, Qiandaohu Lake and or so, and historical sites such as China National Silk Museum, Qinghefang Street, China National Tea Museum, Lingyin Temple, Six Harmonies Pagoda(Liuhe Tower), Hu Xueyan’s former residence, ect. ect.
- Electronic Commerce: As the birthplace of e-commerce giant Alibaba, Hangzhou has witnessed the original development and glory of e-commerce industry in the world. It takes the lead in China to the cross-border electric company, creates Chinese national comprehensive experimental zone and influences the e-commerce industry both in China and the world. It also contributes to the global radiation and the influence of electric commerce.
- Special Festivals: Festivals are one of the best ways to show cultures about one place. Here are some special festivals that help you know more about Hangzhou culture and specialties. They are the Longjing (Gragon Well) Tea Festival , the West Lake Lotus Festival, the West Lake Osmanthus Festival and China International Qiantang River Tidal Bore Festival, as well as events like the West Lake Mid-autumn Festival Evening and Hangzhou West Lake Expo, ect.
- Delicious Food: Hangzhou, which is known as the paradise of food house, has a long history of food culture. As a place prosperous in its fertile lands and outstanding talents, there are special and historical stories behind the names of Hangzhou dishes so that you are able to find it interesting to see those names at the first time, such as Braised Dongpo Pork, Fried Shrimps with Long Jing Tea Leaves, West Lake Fish in Vinegar Gravy and DingSheng Cake, etc.
Hot Destinations in Hangzhou
Other Destinations in Hangzhou
- Qiandao Lake
- Shangcheng District
- Chun’an County
- Jiande City
- Xiacheng District
- Jianggan District
- Gongshu District
- Xihu District (Hangzhou)
- Binjiang District
- Xiaoshan District
- Fuyang District
- Lin’an District
- Tonglu County
- Yuhang District
Hangzhou Attractions includes a list of top things to do and must-see attractions in Hangzhou. All attractions are picked by our seasoned travel advisors and rated by our customers. Following is the list of Top Attractions in Hangzhou by TripAdvisor. Tourism in Hangzhou develops well and has a promising future for there are splendid and special attractions that you can’t find in other places. You can visit both natural scenery spots like West Lake, Longjing Tea Plantation, [...]
Hangzhou travel packages lists all of Hangzhou tours, Hangzhou day tours, China tours including Hangzhou. Plan Hangzhou tours including 1-30 days trip and tours, Hangzhou food culture tours, join group tours and sightseeing tours. Hangzhou is famous as a scenic tourist city. As the saying goes “ there's paradise in heaven and Suzhou and Hangzhou on earth, Hangzhou is endowed with a lot of tourism attractions. Meanwhile, it is also quite convenient for you to spend some days in Hangzhou and [...]
- More City Tours Including Hangzhou >>
- More China Provinces Tours Including Hangzhou >>
- More Multi-City Tours Including Hangzhou >>
- All Tours Including Hangzhou >>
Climate & When to Go
Hangzhou Weather and Climate describes information with temperature, precipitation, geography, what clothes to wear in Hangzhou, weather and climate by month, climate graph, 15 days Hangzhou weather forecast. Find out the best time to visit Hangzhou and see the season highlights in Hangzhou. It also tells you what to wear in different seasons and clothes packing for your trip to Hangzhou. Hangzhou Weather and Climate Feature Hangzhou belongs to humid subtropical climate with four distinctive seasons, and it is characterized by long, [...]
Hangzhou Transportation Guide serves you detailed transport information and introduces fights to Hangzhou, Hangzhou high speed trains, Hangzhou trains, Hangzhou cycling, Hangzhou buses, Hangzhou bus stations and railway stations, Hangzhou taxis and ways of getting in and around Hangzhou. As a modern tourist city, with its huge transportation hub, including airways, railways, highways, and waterways, Hangzhou now is capable of providing you convenient transportation. How to Get to Hangzhou As a popular tourist destination, Hangzhou has convenient modern transportation facilities, tourists can travel [...]
Festivals and Activities
Hangzhou Festivals and Events introduce a brief introduction of festivals and activities and tell travelers Top Things to Do for Hangzhou festivals Tours and important Hangzhou festivals and activities including traditional festivals, local festivals and cultural events, as well as performances in Hangzhou. With the exception of Chinese traditional festivals, every place has its own festival to show their special places, culture, or specialties, so does Hangzhou. You can experience diverse festivals and activities there in Hangzhou, which makes you feel [...]
Hangzhou Travel FAQs and Tips introduce the city and zip codes, post offices, useful numbers, hospitals, banks for foreign exchange, Government and famous universities. When plan your trip to Hangzhou, view our answers to questions about Hangzhou travel to get better understanding of Hangzhou. Hangzhou is considered one of China’s most famous and beautiful destinations. Home to the legendary West Lake, which resembles a traditional Chinese garden on the grandest scale, the city is a must-see for anyone interested in the [...]
Maps are good helpers when we travel outside so we have prepare some helpful maps for you. Hangzhou Travel Maps in English includes Maps List of Hangzhou Tourist Attractions, Maps of Hangzhou Hotels, Maps of Hangzhou Tours, Hangzhou Subway Maps, Maps of Transportation. It show the specific location maps of main roads, Transportation, railway, stations, Bus Stations, Airports, expressway, administrative division, famous tourist attractions, travel and tours, universities, banks and hospitals. Maps of Hangzhou help you know more about Hangzhou [...]
Hangzhou Accommodation and Hotels Booking introduces where to stay in Hangzhou and the recommended Hangzhou 5-star luxury hotels, comfortable 4-star, economic 3-star and cheap hostels recommended by TripAdvisor. As a famous tourism destination, Hangzhou is abundant in a variety of tourism materials so that you can have many choices of accommodation there. Accommodation isn't a problem nowadays because you can see all kinds of hotels everywhere, especially for a popular tourism destination. It’s quite convenient for visitors to book or [...]