Chinese Name: 杭州 English IPA: /hɒnŋ'dʒəʊ/ Location: Southeast China Population (city): 9,468,000 Language: Hangzhou dialect, Mandarin Zip code: 310000 Tel code: 0571 Time zone: UTC+8
Hangzhou, the capital of Zhejiang province, which is located in north of Zhejiang province and the southeast coastal region in China, is renowned as a paradise on earth because of its wonderful sceneries. With a profound basis of culture, its long history of 2,200 years and a large number of human heritages and natural landscapes, Hangzhou has become a hot city for tourists. Furthermore, its Internet economy and rapid development have attracted a lot of people and events from all over the world to gather there.
- Hangzhou Culture: Hangzhou is a historical and cultural city with a serious of cultures such as Liangzhu culture, Wuyue culture, the Southern Song dynasty culture, the Ming and Qing dynasties culture, the West Lake culture, silk culture and tea culture.
- Wonderful Sceneries: Hangzhou has become a popular tourist attraction because of its diverse scenery spots such as the West Lake, Qiandao Lake, Hangzhou Songcheng, Hangzhou Xiang Lake tourist resort, Hangzhou Polar Ocean World, Hangzhou Paradise Park, Leifeng Tower, Xixi National Wetland Park, Hangzhou Qinghe Fang, the Beijing-Hangzhou Drand Canal, Qiandao Lake Store Forest, Hefang Street, ect.
- Electronic Commerce: As the birthplace of e-commerce giant Alibaba, Hangzhou has witnessed the original development and glory of e-commerce industry in the world. It takes the lead in China to the cross-border electric company, creates Chinese national comprehensive experimental zone and influences the e-commerce industry both in China and the world. It also contributes to the global radiation and the influence of electric commerce.
- Special Festivals: Festivals are one of the best ways to show cultures about one place. Here are some special festivals that help you know more about Hangzhou culture and specialties. They are the West Lake Longjing Spring Tea Party, the West Lake Locus Flower Festival, the West Lake International Osmanthus Festival, the West Lake Mid-autumn Festival Evening Party, the West Lake International exposition, ect.
- Delicious Food: Hangzhou, which is known as the paradise of food house, has a long history of food culture. There are many dishes that you must try if you go there. They are West Lake Fish in Vinegar Sauce, West Lake Water Shield Soup, Fried Shelled Shrimps with Dragon Well Tea, Beggar’s Chicken, Dongpo Pork, Shallot Stuffed Pancake, ect.
Hot Destinations in Hangzhou
Other Destinations in Hangzhou
- Qiandao Lake
- Shangcheng District
- Chun’an County
- Jiande City
- Xiacheng District
- Jianggan District
- Gongshu District
- Xihu District (Hangzhou)
- Binjiang District
- Xiaoshan District
- Fuyang District
- Lin’an District
- Tonglu County
- Yuhang District
Tourism in Hangzhou develops well and has a promising future for there are splendid and special attractions that you can’t find in other places. You can visit both natural scenery spots like West Lake, Dragon Well Tea Plantation, Xixi National Wetland Park, Qiandao Lake and or so, and historical sites such as China National Silk Museum, Hefang Street, China National Tea Museum, Six Harmonies Pagoda(Liuhe Tower), Hu Xueyan’s former residence, ect. The following are some recommended [...]
Known as “Up above there is heaven; down below there are Suzhou and Hangzhou”, Hangzhou has a lot of tourism attractions. Meanwhile, it is also quite convenient for you to pay some certain days in Hangzhou and then move to the tourist destinations in other cities nearby Hangzhou, such as Shanghai, Suzhou, Anhui, etc. Here are some convenient and economical tours below, which may be helpful for your possible plans of traveling to Hangzhou and nearby tourist attractions. For example, [...]
- More City Tours Including Hangzhou >>
- More China Provinces Tours Including Hangzhou >>
- More Multi-City Tours Including Hangzhou >>
- All Tours Including Hangzhou >>
Climate & When to Go
Hangzhou belongs to humid subtropical climate with four distinctive seasons, and it is characterized by long, very hot, humid summers and chilly, cloudy and drier winters (with occasional snow). Summer in Hangzhou is quite hot, humid so that it is known as one of the four new “stoves” in China. On the contrary, it’s cold and dry in winter. In spring and autumn, the weather is pleasant which makes them golden seasons for sightseeing. The mean annual temperature there is [...]
How to Get & Leave There Air About 30 miles away from the city center, Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport is located in the east of Hangzhou. As an important airport both in Hangzhou and China, the airport is the largest aviation port and one of the China’s top 10 international airports. It cooperates with Hong Kong International Airport since 2006. Airport Shuttle Bus There are several routes for airport shuttle bus to get many places in Hangzhou and other tourist [...]
Festivals and Activities
With the exception of Chinese traditional festivals, every place has its own festival to show their special places, culture, or specialties, so does Hangzhou. You can experience diverse festivals and activities there in Hangzhou, which makes you feel closer to it. We have collected some special festivals to help you know more about Hangzhou festivals and activities. Spring Tea Party Add: Longjin Village Time: April 8th – May 8th Main Activities: Spring outing, tea picking, tea sauting, tea ceremony, farmer experiencing, etc. West Lake Lotus [...]
Every place is different from each other so that you need to know some travel tips about your tourism destinations in case you need some advice when you are in new places. Here are some travel tips about Hangzhou that may be helpful for you. Visa-free Transit Starting from October 24th,2014, passengers from 51 countries/regions including America, Britain, French, etc, are allowed 72 hours’ stay without a visa if transiting through Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport provided they hold valid international travel document [...]
Maps are good helpers when we travel outside so we have prepare some helpful maps for you. Our Hangzhou maps cover different types of useful maps including Hangzhou location Map, Zhejiang Province Map, Hangzho City Map, Hangzhou attractions map, Hangzhou subway map, Scenic Spots Around Hangzhou and so on to help you know more about Hangzhou city and then plan your wonderful Hangzhou tour. [...]
As a famous tourism destination, Hangzhou is abundant in a variety of tourism materials so that you can have many choices of accommodation there. Accommodation isn't a problem nowadays because you can see all kinds of hotels everywhere, especially for a popular tourism destination. It’s quite convenient for visitors to book or know something about their hotels before they start to go to new places so that we have collected some information about hotels in Hangzhou. Recommended 5-star Hotels The [...]