1 Day Shangri-La Lamaist Monasteries Tour
There are many magnificent scenic attractions in Shangri-La tour, for example, snow mountains, deep valleys, great rivers, highland lakes, meadows, unique buildings, and virgin forests. Among them, the Shangri-La Lamaist...
Code of Tour: CDT0000043324
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Shangri-la
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Day trips & excursions Historical and cultural tours Yunnan tours
There are many magnificent scenic attractions in Shangri-La tour, for example, snow mountains, deep valleys, great rivers, highland lakes, meadows, unique buildings, and virgin forests. Among them, the Shangri-La Lamaist Monasteries are really worth visiting as the unique buildings. Throughout the history, Tibetan Buddhism has developed into different schools and such sects as the Nyingma Sect, the Sakya Sect, the Gelug Sect and Kagyu Sect. The Gadan Songzanlin Lamasery features the Gelug Sect.
- Visit the most famous Lamaist monasteries in Shangri-La.
- Discover Tibetan religious culture.
- Taste Tibetan lunch and experience Tibetan life.
Day 1 Shangri-La
Sightseeing and Activities:Songzanlin Monastery, Baiji Monastery, Tibetan lunch, Cheng’ En Monastery,Dabao Monastery
Pick you up from your hotel in the morning. Drive to visit Songzanlin Monastery-the largest Tibetan monastery in Yunnan. Songzanlin Monastery has another alias – ‘the little Potala Palace ‘, so named because the whole monastery is in the traditional style with mysterious atmosphere.
Then pay a visit to Baiji Monastery. It was built in the Yuan Dynasty and has a history of several hundred years.
After lunch at a Tibetan Family, transfer to visit Cheng’En Monastery which is located in Nuoxi Village, Jian Tang Town of Shangri-La City.
In the late afternoon, visit Dabao Monastery. Dabao Monastery (大宝寺) is built on a rugged green hillside at an altitude of 3,300m (10,827 ft) and is one of the earliest Tibetan Buddhist temples built in Zhongdian (Shangri-La) County. It was destroyed in the Cultural Revolution and it was rebuilt in 1984. It’s the sacred surroundings that are the draw here; hillsides dotted with sheep, fluttering prayer flags and pine trees. At the foot the hill there lies a lovely, 2 km (1.2 mi) long stone wall with delicate Buddhas and scriptures carved on it.
Drive back to your hotel. Service ends.
- Skilled driver and experienced English-speaking tour guide;
- Private transportation;
- Entance tickets and activities mentioned in the itinerary;
- Tibetan lunch;
- Two bottles of water each day each person.
- Accommodation with breakfast and dinner;
- Air tickets or train tickets to Yunnan;
- Personal comsuption;
- Optional activities or programs;
- Chinese visa;
- Personal travel insurrance.
- Visitors are advised to always carry changes of clothing due to the large variations in temperature between day and night.
- Protecting oneself from strong UV radiation at high altitude.
- Protecting oneself from altitude sickness. Lessen the effects of altitude sickness, avoid strenuous exercise and have plenty of rest.
- Respect local customs , habits, and religious beliefs.
- When take photos, please pay attention to your safety, do not shoot in dangerous areas.