One Day Beijing Gubeikou & Jinshanling Great Wall Hiking Tour
During this tour, we will hike on two different parts of the great wall around Beijing. The first part is Gubeikou great wall, one of the most integrated defense system in China. The second part is Jinshanling Great Wall, which is the best preserved part of the Great Wall in the Ming Dynasty with many original features. And Jinshanling great wall is a great place for hiking, and it’s the heaven for photographers.
- Explore one of the most integrated defense system in China
- Exciting hiking tour on two different parts of great wall around Beijing
- Photograph on the Jinshanling great wall
Day 1 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Gubeikou Great Wall;Jinshanling Great Wall
Your tour guide will pick you up at the hotel in the morning (7:00 am in summer and autumn; 8:00 am in spring and winter, if you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, the departure time will be delayed accordingly), it takes about 2.5 hours to the Gubeikou Great Wall.
We start the hike from Gubeikou Great Wall, you will hike about 11 towers and reach 24- Window Tower which takes about 1 hour. 24 – Window Tower is the end of Gubeikou section for this hiking tour. As some part of the Gubeikou Great Wall belongs to the army, so we should come down from 24 – Window Tower and go cross the bushes, which takes about 1.5 hours to cross the mountain. Then we will arrive at the Jinshanling Great Wall. Jinshanling Great Wall is a UNESO Heritage site and has most magnificent scenery around the wall. We will pass through Taochunkou Pass, West Five – Window Tower, Zhuanduokou Pass, etc. About 7 towers with about 1 hour hike on Jinshanling section, come down from Zhuanduokou Pass.
Hike level is about 4.
The whole hiking tour takes about 4hours and 10 km (6 mils).
After lunch, we will transfer back to the hotel.
Note: If you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, please let us to know when you book this tour.
- Meal as listed in the itinerary (Lunch).
- Private transfer service between hotel and Great Wall.
- Entrance fees as specified in the itinerary.
- English-speaking tour guide service.
- Mineral water
- Airfare, tax and fuel surcharge.
- Travel insurance
- Tips to guide and driver as your wish. (Based on the well-done job of the guide and driver).
- Personal expenses.
- The electrinic car & cable car.
The quotation is different for China Public Holidays. For instance, Chinese Spring Festival,Tomb-sweeping Festival, Labor Day, Dragon-boat Festival, Mid-autumn Festival, China National Day, etc.
1.Please take Hiking boots, sticks or trekking sticks, backpack, sun-glasses, sunscreen, snacks, camera for this hiking tour.
2. The traveler whose body is not fit for the hiking such as arthritis, heart disease, hypertension, asthma, and the traveler who are drunk are not recommended to take this tour.
3. Don’t take baby less than 3 years old for this tour, and the traveler who are more than 80 years old are not recommended to take this tour.
4. Do not wear short pants.
5. Please go to toilet at the entrance of the wall before the hiking, there is no toilet on the Wall. Please carry toilet paper by yourself always.
6. This tour is not available under the following weather condition: Rain, Snow, Strong Wind, etc.