2 Days Kawa Karpo Meili Snow Mountain Tour from Shangri-La
For this two-day tour to Meili Snow Mountain(Kawa Karpo Kora), we will see snow mountains, Tibetan monasteries, first bend of Jinsha River, and sunset of Meili Snow Moutain. We also can visit Mingyong Glacier in...
Code of Tour: CDT0000043425
Length of Travel: 2 Day
Destinations of Tour: Shangri-la-Deqin
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Mountain climbing tours Snow mountains tours Yunnan tours
For this two-day tour to Meili Snow Mountain(Kawa Karpo Kora), we will see snow mountains, Tibetan monasteries, first bend of Jinsha River, and sunset of Meili Snow Moutain. We also can visit Mingyong Glacier in Meili Snow Moutain.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery of Jinsha Canyon and other attractions along.
- Pay a visit to one of the glaciers in Meili Snow Mountain-Mingyong Glacier.
- Day 1: Shangri-La – Feilaisi
- Day 2: Feilaisi – Shangri-La
Day 1 Shangri-La – Benzilan – Deqin – Feilaisi
Sightseeing and Activities:Baima Snow Mountain, the First Bend of Jinsha River, Dongzhulin Monastery
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
In the morning, drive 4 to 5 hours to Deqin County (3400m altitude) which is 187km away from Zhongdian via Baima Snow Mountain Nature Reserve, where you will be able to view Baima Snow Mountain if the weather is clear, pass the top part of today at 4292m altitude at 156km.
After traversing mountain ranges, you will make a short stop and have lunch at Benzilan town, take some shots on the First Bend of Jinsha(Yangtze) River, Dongzhulin Monastery and Baima (white horse) Snow Mountain. The view along the way is fantastic with different kinds of trees, streams down the valley, prayer flags and stupas, and Tibetan villages.
Stay at Feilaisi.
Day 2 Feilaisi – Mingyong Village – Mekong Grand Canyon – Benzilan – Shangri-La
Sightseeing and Activities:Meili Snow Mounain, Mingyong Village, Mingyong Glaciers, Taizi Monastery
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
Get up early in the morning, enjoy the magic sunrise of Meili Snow Mountain. Then drive another 1.5 hours to Mingyong village, then take cable car to Mingyong Glaciers of Meili Snow Mountain, walk another one or so, you will get to Tibetan Taizi Monastery-another good spot to view the magnificent Mingyong Glaciers. (optional: You can choose to hire a horse to go up to the glacier on your own expense in order to save your energy).
After Mingyong Glacier in Mingyong Village, drive back to Shangri-La. Service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.
- Visitors are advised to always carry changes of clothing due to the large variations in temperature between day and night.
- The climate is relatively dry, so drink more water every day.
- Protecting oneself from strong UV radiation at high altitude.
- Protecting oneself from altitude sickness. Lessen the effects of altitude sickness, avoid strenuous exercise and have plenty of rest.
- Respect local customs , habits, and religious beliefs.
- Situated on the northern edge of the tropical zone, Xishuangbanna area is hot, humid and rainy; don’t forget to take an umbrella or a raincoat when go out.
- When take photos, please pay attention to your safety, do not shoot in dangerous areas.