4 Days Yunnan Jingpo Ethnic Minority’s Munao Zongge Festival Tour
Munao Zongge Festival is the grandest traditional festival of Jingpos, tens of thousands of people dancing together with the same drumbeat. On a large scale and extremely great force, it is an ethnic carnival in west China, renowned as “the dance of paradise” and “dance of thousands of people”. In the area inhabited by Jingpos in Dehong Prefecture, Munao Zongge Festival falls around 15th day of the 1st month by lunar calendar every year, when every village will celebrate the festival.
- Meet diverse ethnic customs in local festivals and ethnic villages.
- Spend your leisure time in the city to explore the profoud hidstory of it.
- Visit the mysterious ” A Village of Two Countries”.
- Day 1: Mangshi Arrival
- Day 2: Mangshi – Longchuan
- Day 3: Longchuan – Ruili
- Day 4: Ruili – Mangshi Departure
Day 1 Mangshi Arrival
Sightseeing and Activities:Tower Wrapped in the Tree
The tour guide and the driver will pick you up at the airport and then visit Tower Wrapped in the Tree. Back to the hotel for a rest after the visit.
-The 15th tusi (native chieftain) built the Jielie Stupa to remember a triumph. It is said that there was a God sprinkling a piece of seed into the stupa. After 200 years, this seed amazingly grow into a tall banyan tree. So that the rare view “A tree wrapped the stupa” comes into being.
-Tower Wrapped in the Tree was formerly called Iron City Stupa which was built in memory of a war. The Stupa is a solid tower made of bricks. It is wraped and covered by roots, and is thus called Tower Wrapped in the Tree. It is the earliest stupa built by local Dai people.
Day 2 Mangshi-Longchuan
Sightseeing and Activities:Munao Zongge Festival Celebration
Today, drive to Longchuan County for Munaozongge Festival of Jingpo Ethnic Group in Longchuan County, and join the party celebrating the festival.
-Munaozongge (literally means mass dance in Jingpo language) Dance Festival, dubbed “dance of paradise” and “mass revelry dance,” is the grandest traditional festival of the Jingpo ethnic group. During the festival, tens of thousands of Jingpos dance following the same capper beat. It falls on the fifteenth day of the first month in Chinese lunar calendar. On the day, every Jingpo village will hold such mass performance.
Day 3 Longchuan-Ruili
Sightseeing and Activities:Menghuan Golden Pagoda, Mengba Naxi Rare Park, one tree forest, Jiegao Border
After breakfast in hotel, drive to visit Menghuan Golden Pagoda on the top of mountain “Leiyarang” (雷崖让山), which locates by Kongque lake , in the picturesque scenery and lush woods, looking up at the Menghuan Golden Pagoda, tall and straight, majestic and magnificent , you will be enlightened suddenly. After that, go to visit the Class 4A Tourist Spots in China “Mengba Naxi Rare Park(勐巴娜西珍奇园) “, a primitive simplicity, natural and exotic scenic spot with the rare ecological garden, thousand-year-old trees and flowers, plants and strange stones.
Day 4 Ruili- Mangshi Departure
Sightseeing and Activities:The Border Village Hansha Scenic Area, A Village of Two Countries
-Hansha village has a beautiful pastoral scenery and strong ethnic customs. Coming here, you can see the bamboo house hidden in the Bambusa multiplex and banyan trees, and the whole village surrounded by fields.
-The famous No.71 boundary monument for sino-burmese standing in the village, and the boundary winding its way through the village , is a typical border area of “a village , two countries’.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Accommodation with breakfast as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide and vehicle for transfers & sightseeing;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Two bottles of mineral water each day.
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel insurance;
- All optional programs;