1 Day Jinan City Tour
As the regional capital city of Shandong Province, Jinan is located about 400 kilometers south of of Beijing. Jinan is definitely your good springboard to start your exploration into the mysterious Mt.Taishan, the ancient city of Qufu, the beautiful coastal city of Jinan and more places in the province. But Jinan itself is also worth a pop by on your Shandong tour.
- Visit the famous spring in Jinan- Baotuquan.
- Pay a visit to the Reputed Daming Lake, as one of city’s main natural and cultural landmarks.
- Expetience Buddhist culture by visiting Thousand Buddha Mountain.
- Learn the history and development of Shangdong Province.
Day 1 Jinan
Sightseeing and Activities: Baotu Spring Park, Daming Lake, Thousand Buddha Mountain, Shandong Provincial Museum.
Picked up from your downtown hotel in Jinan and first head to Baotu Spring Park. Jinan is dubbed as “City of Springs” with many artesian springs gently roiling in azure pools and flowing steadily into Daming Lake. Strolling these spring parks is a pleasant escape from Jinan’s din. Among them, Baotu Spring Park is a favorite hangout by the locals. The Baotu Spring has a long history of more than 2,600 years back. The Baotu Spring Park has several classical style pavilions and buildings.
Then move on to Daming Lake. Reputed as one of city’s main natural and cultural landmarks, Daming Lake is located in the northern part of Jinan City. It is a large natural lake formed from a number of springs and with a large fountain, charming landscapings with willow trees and lotus flowers, pagodas, temples and an amusement park.
Continue to visit Thousand Buddha Mountain. Half hour climbing allows you to visit temples, pavilions along time torn stone steps. The hill is well-known for its Buddhist stone carving culture dating back to Sui Dynasty (581–618 AD). Plenty of Buddhist cave carvings on the hill were made during Sui and Tang dynasties.
Finally visit Shandong Provincial Museum. Shandong Provincial Museum is located at Wenhua West Road in south Jinan near the Thousand Buddha Hill. It houses a collection of more than 210 000 historical artifacts natural history collection specimens.
Back to your downtown hotel at the end of the day tour.
- All land transfer and transportation as listed in the itinerary;
- Excellent English speaking tour guide and skilled driver;
- Entrance tickets mentioned in the itinerary;
- Two bottles of water each day each person.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Breakfast and dinner;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.
- Visitors are advised to always carry changes of clothing due to the large variations in temperature between day and night.
- Protecting oneself from strong UV radiation at high altitude.
- Protecting oneself from altitude sickness. Lessen the effects of altitude sickness, avoid strenuous exercise and have plenty of rest.
- Respect local customs , habits, and religious beliefs.
- When take photos, please pay attention to your safety, do not shoot in dangerous areas.