Jinan cuisine was named LIxia cuisine in ancient time. Through a long course of development, Jinan dish has reached as much as several thousand species, plus flavor snacks, the quantity is enormous. You could taste all sorts of Jinan dishes here like Braised Intestines in Brown Sauce, Jinan dining would give you information about what to eat and where to eat in Jinan.
What to Eat
- Braised Intestines in Brown Sauce(九转大肠): It is one of the most renowned dishes in Jinan. The ingredients intestine is boiled in water with diverse seasonings and deep-fried with varying spices.
- Fried Carp with Sweet and Sour Sauce (糖醋鲤鱼): It is a traditional popular dish in Jinan. Jinan borders the Yellow Sea in north which could provide fresh and high-quality carps for Jinan. So it is a good choice in your dishes – will–taste list.
- Quickly Fried Pig Kidney (爆炒腰花): It is a popular home cooking dish in Jinan, with the characteristics of tenderness, authentic flavor, smoothness and high nutritional value.
- Youxuan (油旋): It is a popular Jinan snack with spiral shape and golden color so that it got the name of Youxuan which is oil spiral in literally. It could be eaten alone or with wonton stuffed with shredded chicken.
- Suguo (酥锅): It is a famous dish in Lu cuisine which is one of the eight cuisines in China. Suguo was listed in “100 delicacies to be tasted in Shandong”. The local people would like to treat it to their guests. It is a dish that shows authentic local Jinan flavor.
Where to Eat
Huixinalou Restaurant (会仙楼饭庄)—(Furong Street)
Located on Furong Street on Quancheng Square, tt is a local old restaurant. You could eat popular Jinan dishes here, like Braised Intestines in Brown Sauce, Fried Carp with Sweet and Sour Sauce, etc.
Yaoshunjiujia Restaurant (尧舜酒家)
Located on No.37 Tongyuanqian Street, and is next to Wulongtan Park, it is a restaurant that provides all kinds of authentic Shandong cuisine.
Jinchunxi Restaurant (金春禧) – (its flagship store on Yingxiongshan Road)
It lies on No.12-2 Yingxiongshan Road and is close to Yinzuo Shopping center. You could taste many Lu dishes, seafood, varying dumplings and various tasty delicacies here.
Jinsanbeijiujia Restaurant (金三杯酒家)
It is situated on the 11th floor of Sanlian Building on No.12 Baotuquanbei Road. The restaurant is one of the time-honored restaurants in Jinan. It is recommended and praised a lot by visitors who have eaten here.
As one of the birthplaces of Lu cuisine, Jinan provides a variety of restaurants with all levels for customs. In addition to restaurants above, you could still find lots of canteens and restaurants here. Besides, there are three food streets that you could go: Furong Street, Jinan Food Street and the barbecue street.