2 Days Great Walls Hiking and Camping Tour: From Gubeikou to Jinshanling Great Wall
During this 2 days tour, we will have an exciting hiking experience from Gubeikou Great Wall to Jinshanling Great Wall. We will camping in the Haowangluo tower on Gubeikou Great Wall, and enjoy gorgeous sunrise and sunset on the Great Wall.
- Exciting hiking tour from Gubeikou Great Wall to Jinshanling Great Wall
- Explore the UNESO Heritage site, Jinshanling Great Wall
- Enjoy gorgeous sunrise on the Gubeikou Great Wall
- Camping in the Haowangluo tower on Gubeikou Great Wall
- Day 1: Jinshanling Great Wall
- Day 2: Gubeikou Great Wall – Jinshanling Great Wall
Day 1 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Jinshanling Great Wall; Camping in Haowanglou Tower
In the morning:
Your tour guide will pick you up at the hotel at 8:00 am (If you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, the departure time will be delayed accordingly). It takes about 2.5 hours to the Jinshanling Great-wall, which is one of the ancient walls in China, more than 2000 years history.
You could climb up to the great wall or you could take cable car up to the great wall. We suggest you climb up to the great wall as this section is easy to hike. We start the hike from Zhuanduokou Pass, you will hike over 15 watch towers (about 5 km) and arrive at East Five – Window Tower which takes about 4 hours, come down from the East Five – Window Tower. Or you could just hike about 4 km and arrive at Houchuankou Pass which takes about 3 hours, come down from the Houchuankou Pass.
Hike level is about 3.
Then the guide and driver take you to have lunch. After lunch, drive to Gubeikou village.
Sleep in Haowanglou Tower on Gubeikou Great Wall for overnight.
We’ll prepare the necessary camping facilities such as tents, sleeping bags, etc. You don’t need to prepare anything for the camping.
Note: If you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, please let us to know when you book this tour.
Day 2 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Gubeikou Great Wall;Jinshanling Great Wall;
Wake up early in the morning to watch the sunrise. After breakfast in Haowanglou Tower, we start the hike.
You will hike about 10 towers and reach 24- Window Tower which takes about 1 hour. 24 – Window Tower is the end of Gubeikou section for this hiking tour. As some part of the Gubeikou Great Wall belongs to the army, so we should come down from 24 – Window Tower and go cross the bushes, which takes about 1.5 hours to cross the mountain. Then you will arrive at the Jinshanling Great Wall. Jinshanling Great Wall is a UNESO Heritage site and has most magnificent scenery around the wall. You will pass through Taochunkou Pass, West Five – Window Tower, Zhuanduokou Pass, etc. About 7 towers with about 1 hour hike on Jinshanling section, come down from Zhuanduokou Pass.
Hike level is about 4.
The whole hiking tour takes about 4hours and 10 km (6 mils).
Then the guide and driver take you to have lunch. After lunch, transfer back to your hotel in Beijing downtown.
- Meal as listed in the itinerary (Lunch).
- One night camping on the wall
- Private transfer service between hotel and Great Wall.
- Entrance fees as specified in the itinerary.
- English-speaking tour guide service.
- Mineral water
- Airfare, tax and fuel surcharge.
- Travel insurance
- Tips to guide and driver as your wish. (Based on the well-done job of the guide and driver).
- Personal expenses.
- The electrinic car & cable car.
The quotation is different for China Public Holidays. For instance, Chinese Spring Festival,Tomb-sweeping Festival, Labor Day, Dragon-boat Festival, Mid-autumn Festival, China National Day, etc.
1.Please take Hiking boots, sticks or trekking sticks, backpack, sun-glasses, sunscreen, snacks, camera for this hiking tour.
2. The traveler whose body is not fit for the hiking such as arthritis, heart disease, hypertension, asthma, and the traveler who are drunk are not recommended to take this tour.
3. Don’t take baby less than 3 years old for this tour, and the traveler who are more than 80 years old are not recommended to take this tour.
4. Do not wear short pants.
5. Please go to toilet at the entrance of the wall before the hiking, there is no toilet on the Wall. Please carry toilet paper by yourself always.
6. This tour is not available under the following weather condition: Rain, Snow, Strong Wind, etc.