2 Days Chengdu Tea Culture Tour with Giant Panda Experience
Mengdingshan Mountain in Chengdu is the birthplace of the world tea civilization and the birthplace of the world tea culture. Mengding Tea with a long history is known as “the immortal tea”, and mengding mountain is known as “hometown of the immortal tea”. This tour will explore Chinese tea culture with you, and visit the another treasure—Panda.
- Explore Chinese tea culture birthplace.
- Unique Giant Panda Experience
- Day 1: Chengdu-Mengdingshan-Chengdu
- Day 2: Chengdu
Day 1 Chengdu – Mengdingshan – Chengdu
Sightseeing and Activities:Mengdingshan Mountain
The driver and tour guide will meet you at Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport , then transfer to Mengdingshan Mountain in Ya’an City (2-hours’ drive). Mengding Mountain is the birthplace of Chinese tea civilization and the cradle of tea culture. As the saying goes “The Yangtze River tops the waters, the Mengding tea is best of its kind.” It has a history of more than one thousand years in tea planting, tea making and tea sipping art.
Your today’s tour will first see the No.1 Teapot in the world, then proceed to the Tea Culture Museum, take cable car to the mid-mountain, enjoy tea break at Tiangai Temple, appreciate tea related Poem Steles, walk in Mengdingshan Royal Tea Garden. You’ll sure to get some general ideas about tea culture along the way.
After tea culture exploration, you’ll continue to visit tea factory, pick tea in the plantation, and see the whole process about how Mengding tea is made. (Tips: The tea picking activity and performance are offered during late March to June. For detailed info, please contact our travel consultants.)
After the happy time in Mengdingshan, drive back to Chengdu.
Day 2 Chengdu
Sightseeing and Activities: Giant Panda Breeding Research Base, Wenshu Temple
After breakfast, your guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel. Today, you are going to enjoy a relaxing day like the locals do. You’ll first visit the Giant Panda Breeding Research Base, where you can explore the daily life of the cute pandas, and get close to the lovely creatures.
Later, pay a visit to Wenshu Temple. Built in Sui Dynasty (605-617BC), it is the largest and best-preserved Buddhist temple in Chengdu. Enjoy the tranquility of Buddhist monks chanting inside the temple or just walk around the well-manicured grounds.
Then, transfer to Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport. Service end.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Accommodation with breakfast as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide and vehicle for transfers & sightseeing;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Two bottles of mineral water each day.
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel insurance;
- All optional programs;