1 Day Chengdu Panda and Leshan Giant Buddha Group Tour
Chengdu is the hometown of the Giant Panda and Leshan Giant Buddha is the largest carved statue of Buddha in the world. This tour will bring you witness the...
Code of Tour: CDT0000000900
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Chengdu - Leshan - Chengdu
Departure City: Leshan
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Group
Features of Tour: Panda Culture History Cruise
Chengdu is the hometown of the Giant Panda. During this tour, you can have a close look at these cute “China’s treasure”, who make various funny movement in eating and playing. There are more than 100 giant pandas at Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Research Base. Leshan Giant Buddha is the largest carved statue of Buddha in the world and was included in the “World Natural and Cultural Heritage” by UNESO in 1996. When you walking down the narrow stairway to the foot of the Buddha, just enjoy the spectacular view of the huge stone statue.
- Pure sightseeing tour, no tourist traps;
- The best use of time: visiting pandas and the Grand Buddha in one day;
- Officially registered English guides and tour vehicles;
- Free drop-off for visitors to Emeishan at Leshan bus station.
- 7:00am-8:00am: Hotel pick-up
Our tour guide & driver will pick you up from your hotel and then drive to Chengdu Panda Base in the suburb.
- 8:30-11:00am: Visiting Chengdu Panda Base
At Chengdu Panda Base, you can take a close look at the lovely pandas of different ages eating bamboos, playing with each other, tumbling, climbing trees, etc. Also you can take pictures for them.
Don’t miss the chance to watch female pandas nursing their cubs in the nursery rooms. There is also an informative Panda Museum that lets you learn more about the scientific facts about Giant Pandas. In addition, it is very pleasant to walk in the wide garden of bamboo.
- 11:00am-1:00pm: Driving to Leshan
Drive about 154km to Leshan to visit Leshan Giant Buddha.
- 1:00pm-2:00Pm: Lunch time
- 2:00pm-4:00Pm: Visiting Leshan Giant Buddha
Visit Linyun temple firstly, which is to commemorate monk Hai tong, who collected donation 1000 years ago under through extremely difficulties and started the construction of this huge works.
And then we will walk down the zigzagging trail in the left side of Buddha. The Buddha is a small mountain, from its head to shoulder, and from leg to foot, about 30 minutes hiking. And then hike up from its right side. It is also a good place to view Leshan city cross the joint of Minjiang River, Dadu River and Qingyi River. And then we will walk about 30 minutes to Wuyou temple, where we will enjoy the statue of 500 Arhats.
- 4:30pm-6:30Pm: Driving back to Chengdu
Driving back to Chengdu and tour ends near Tianfu square.
- Chengdu Panda Base entrance ticket and entrance ticket of Leshan Giant Buddha.
- Lunch as listed in the itinerary.
- Officially registered tour vehicles.
- Excellent English-speaking tour guide.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips to guide and driver. （RMB20-50/person based on qualified service.）
- Bus fare to Emeishan.(RMB25/person if you would like to continue your trip to Emeishan.)
- Buddha sightseeing Boat ticket.(RMB70/person, optional)
Some visitors may continue visiting Emeishan after the day tour to Panda and Leshan Buddha, the tour guide will company them to visit Emeishan, and the driver will drive the day tour visitors back to Chengdu directly without the company of the tour guide.