Hangzhou Transportation Guide serves you detailed transport information and introduces fights to Hangzhou, Hangzhou high speed trains, Hangzhou trains, Hangzhou cycling, Hangzhou buses, Hangzhou bus stations and railway stations, Hangzhou taxis and ways of getting in and around Hangzhou.
As a modern tourist city, with its huge transportation hub, including airways, railways, highways, and waterways, Hangzhou now is capable of providing you convenient transportation.
How to Get to Hangzhou
As a popular tourist destination, Hangzhou has convenient modern transportation facilities, tourists can travel to Hangzhou by air, by train and by long-distance bus.
Hangzhou transportation by air is served by Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport, which is located in the east of Hangzhou, about 30 miles away from the city center. As an important airport both in Hangzhou and China, the airport is the largest aviation port and one of the China’s top 10 international airports. With more than 35 regular domestic flights, daily flights to major cities and bigger tourist cities in China, and 2 international flights to Korean and Bangkok, Thailand and 4 joint flights, now there are 8million passengers taking planes from this airport every year. It cooperates with Hong Kong International Airport since 2006. You can also take planes to and from Hong Kong and Singapore.
Hangzhou Domestic Flights
- Hong Kong
Hangzhou International Flights
- Airlines in China
- Hangzhou Flights
- Hangzhou Domestic Flights
- Hangzhou International Flights
- Hangzhou Airport Transportation
Hangzhou railway is quite developed so that you can take regular trains or high-speed trains to any other cities in China. There are 4 railway stations in Hangzhou: Hangzhou East Railway Station, Hangzhou Railway Station, South Hangzhou Railway Station and Yuhang Railway Station. Here are some information about these stations that you may want to know.
- Hangzhou East Railway Station: Located at No.1, Tiancheng Road, Jianggan District.Hangzhoudong Railway Station is the most complete transport hub in Hangzhou for now. It is also one of the largest railway transport hub station in China and even in Asia.
- Hangzhou Railway Station: It is also known as “Chengzhan Station” by local people. As one of the main passenger stations of Hangzhou railway hub, it’s a large integrated transport hub that brings urban rapid transit system, rail transit, and various kinds of vehicles together. You can get to many cities in China by taking train or high-speed trains departing from there.
- Yuhang Railway Station:Yuhang Station is located in Yuhang District of Hangzhou City. It operates a small number of high-speed trains to Shanghai.
- Hangzhou South Railway Station: It’s still under construction being planned to be a special grade railway station so that the opening time is still unknown.
- Hangzhou-Tianjin Trains
- Hangzhou - Shanghai Trains
- Hangzhou - Beijing Trains
- Hangzhou - Xi'an Trains
- Hangzhou - Gaungzhou Trains
- Hangzhou - Chengdu Trains
Hangzhou High-speed Trains to
- Hong Kong
Hangzhou is a city with perfect transportation system, with well built highway networks. Hangzhou has four major long-distance bus stations, namely, Hangzhou Central Bus Station (杭州汽车客运中心站), Hangzhou West Bus Station(杭州汽车西站), Hangzhou South Bus Station (杭州汽车南站) and Hangzhou North Bus Station (杭州汽车北站). Among them, Hangzhou Coach Center Station is the most important long-distance passenger transport center in Hangzhou.
- Hangzhou Central Bus Station: It is the largest bus station in Hangzhou, which operates buses to Suzhou, Wuzhen, Tongxiang, Qiandao Lake, Zhujiajian Island and other places. Metro Line 1 has a stop here.
- Hangzhou South Bus Station: It mainly undertakes the long, medium and short-distance passenger transportation tasks to the south of Hangzhou.
- Hangzhou West Bus Station: There are more than 340 daily buses to places of Zhejiang, Anhui, Jiangxi, Hubei and other places in China.
- Hangzhou North Bus Station: There are more than 700 daily buse departures, mainly to Anhui, Jiangsu, Shanghai, Beijing, Henan, Shandong, Hubei and other places.
With the continuous expansion of the highway network and the improvement of the railway operation quality, the role of Hangzhou shipping has gradually transformed into a tourism function. At present, there are two daily cruise ships bound for Suzhou at 17: 30 and Wuxi at 18: 00 at Wulinmen Wharf in Hangzhou, both arriving at 7: 00 the next morning. Except for holidays and weekends, tickets are available for window booking. It is best to book tickets by telephone (round trip tickets are available).
Address:208 Huancheng N Rd, Wulin Shangquan, Gongshu, Hangzhou
Tel: 0571 - 8515 2065
- Hangzhou-Ruili (Hangrui) Expressway
- Shanghai-Hangzhou Transportation
- How to Get to Hangzhou from Shanghai
- How to get to Hangzhou from Huangshan
- How to Get to Huangshan Mountain from Hangzhou
How to Get around Hangzhou
Supported by public buses, metros, tour buses, taxis and bikes, it is very convenient to traveling around Hangzhou. You will be very contented with the public transportation in Hangzhou. Public buses can take you to almost everywhere in the city.
At present, Hangzhou has opened subway lines 1 and 1 extensions, lines 2 and 4, and has stations in Hangzhou and hangzhou east railway station. You can walk to the west lake scenic spot at fengqi road station by subway. At present, Hangzhou has opened 3 subway lines: Line 1, Lne 2 and Line 4, which have stops in Hangzhou Raiway Staion and Hangzhou East Raiway Staion. You can walk to the west lake scenic spot at Fengqi Road Station by subway.
- Line 1: Line 1 is a north-south line with a branch extending towards the east. It passes through important transfer stations e.g. Main Railway Station, East Railway Station and South Bus Station etc. In addition, interchange to Line 4 is also possible from this line. This line also offers an easy commute to West Lake which is among the famous tourist attractions of the city.
Main Stations (including the branch): Xianghu, Jinjiang, Wujiang Road, Longxiangqiao, Fengqi Road, Wulin Square, West Lake Cultural Square, East Railway Station, Pengbu, Coach Center, West Xiasha, Yunshui, Xiasha Jiangbin, South Qiaosi, Yuhang Railway Station, Linping
- Line 2: Line 2 is again a north-south line which travels almost parallel to Line 1 and crosses the Qiantang River.It is currently an 18.3 km long track connecting 13 stations. Stations are mostly underground; some are elevated.
Main Stations: Qianjiang Road, Qianjiang Century City, Zhenning Road, Jianshe Third Road, Jianshe First Road, People Square, Hangzhou Power Plant, Renmin Road, Chaoyang
- Line 4: Line 4 at this moment has a relatively small route connecting Jinjiang Station in Shangcheng District to Pengbu Station in Jianggan District. From this line, passengers can transfer to Line 1 and Line 2. From East Railway Station on this line, a transfer is possible to Hunkun Railway and other railway systems.
Main Stations: Jinjiang, Citizen Center, Qianjiang Road, Xintang, East Railway Station, Pengbu
You can see both double deck buses and single deck buses with air conditioning in Hangzhou. The price is 1 or 5 RMB. What you need to remember when you plan to take the bus is to carry some charges with you because all buses here are all self-service. Here is one thing that is very important for you: recognize the number of buses. Among the buses numbers, those prefixed by “K” are air-conditioned; prefixed by “3” are running to the neighboring rural areas, while “5” to special lines. It will help you a lot and avoid going wrong.
Tips: If you plan to stay in Hangzhou for a long time, you 'd better buy a bus IC card to facilitate city bus travel. Generally, a universal card (T card) is suggested, which can be used in all bus lines and taxis equipped with IC card charging machines in Hangzhou. Convenience stores such as Histado and Lawson can provide recharge service.
BRT/Bus Rapid Transit
Hangzhou now has six BRT lines: B1, B1, B1, B1, B2, B2 and B3. Six BRT feeder lines: B支1、B支2、B支3、B支4、B支4区间and B支6; Five common transfer routes: No.96, No.323, No.508, No.509 and No.900; Five transfer routes to Binjinag District: No.113, No.116, No.107, No.114 and No.115.
Tips: At present, no BRT line destinates at the West Lake. The station nearest to the West Lake is the terminal of Line B1 "Huanglong Bus Station".
There are Y2-Y9 and 51, 52 West Lake Line bound for tourist attractions, of which Y2, Y9 buses are provided with tour guide introduction along the way.
Route: The buses in Hangzhou prefixed by "Y" are all tourist routes. The route covers all scenic spots around the West Lake. It is very convenient. It is suggested that you can take the 51 and 52 West Lake Line when you have time. The west lake is flanked by the city and the mountains, so that the scenery of the lake and the city can be seen in a leisurely manner. If you want to visit the scenic spots around the West Lake, you can also choose the double-deck sightseeing bus around the West Lake, and the fare is not very expensive.
Hangzhou is the first city in China to open Vaporetto on canal trunk waterway. The two water buses currently in operation are "Qianjiang" and "Yunhe". There are eight water bus routes, operating from 7: 00 to 18: 00 at an interval of 30 minutes, with a slight adjustment during the National Day. The fares for the two periods of 7:00-8:00 and 16:30-18:00 are 3 yuan/person, while the fares for the other periods are 5 yuan/person, which can be paid by IC card.
The four docks are Dahe Shipyard Dock (大河造船厂), Gongchen Bridge (拱宸桥) Dock, Xinyifang (信义坊) Dock and Wulinmen (武林门) Dock from north to south. The eight lines are:
- Line 1: Pujia Station -Gongchen Bridge (濮家站——拱宸桥)
- Line 2: Wulinmen-Zijinhua Road (武林门——紫金花路)
- Line 3: Tieling Pass-Huanxiyongning Bridge (打铁关——欢喜永宁桥)
- Line 4: Wulinmen-Tiegang Pass (武林门——打铁关)
- Line 5 (Holiday): Wulinmen-West Bus Station (武林门——汽车西站)
- Line 6: West Bus Station-Fengtan Road Wen Er West Station (汽车西站——丰潭路文二西站)
- Line 7: Plum Blossom Monument-Baziqiao Station, Huancheng North Road (梅花碑——环城北路坝子桥站)
- Line 8: Hefang Street Jixiang Lane Station-Changyun Road Tianjiaqiao Station (河坊街吉祥巷站——长运路田家桥站)
In addition, Hangzhou Sightseeing Water Bus Co., Ltd. has also opened three routes for sightseeing and leisure: Dream Night Tour, Tangqi Ancient Town Tour and Canal Ancient Rhyme Tour. The booking shoulde be done 3 days in advance, with a price of 1,000-3,000 yuan/hour. The ships all departs at Wulinmen Dock.
Electric motor car
There are electric motor car in the West Lake district so that you can travel around the West Lake by electric motor car. Electric motor car there are able to meet different groups’ need because they have 4, 8, 11, or 14 seats. Their driving speed is about 10 kilometers per hour.
There are 3 routes for electric motor tours.
- Route 1: Traveling the West Lake for one-way clockwise around the lake, 30 RMB for each person. The convenience for this route is that you can get on or get off in any one of the stops, and you have 4 times for being on and off the cars, which is quite suitable for tourists who want to stop for a while in some places they like.
- Route 2: Two-way round trip, 10 RMB each, and two times for being on and off the car in all.
- Route 3: Chartering tour, it’s 10 RMB each for per half an hour.
Taking a taxi to travel around the city is also a good choice for you. You can find it very easy to take a taxi. The price of Hangzhou taxi starts at 11 RMB (3 miles) and costs 2.5 RMB per kilometer. The waiting fee is 2.5 each 4 minutes. Each kilometer will be charged 3.75 RMB if the distance is beyond 10 miles. Travelling by taxi, you can appreciate Hangzhou from a special angle.
There are a lot of platforms offering charting services. You just need to pay the fees and tell drivers the meeting time then they would pick you up at the right time, which could save a great deal of time for you if you are new in strange places.
Taking bikes for traveling is a wonderful choice because it is good for environment and for tourists for they can stop at any time in any places. You are the boss to decide which moment you want to stop for a while and see something unexpected. Sharing bikes are quite easy to find in Hangzhou. You can take sharing bikes at any subway exit and in the scenery spots like West Lake.
- How to Get to The West Lake in Hangzhou
- How to Get to Yunhe Rice Terrace from Hangzhou
- How to Get to Nanxun Water Town from Hangzhou
- How to Get to Xitang Water Town from Hangzhou
- How to get to Wuzhen Water Town from Hangzhou?
- How to Get to Mount Putuo from Hangzhou
Edited by Brittany Tian/田春燕
Hangzhou Transportation by Region
- Shangcheng District
- Jianggan District
- Gongshu District
- Xihu District
- Binjiang District
- Xiaoshan District
- Yuhang District
- Fuyang District
- Lin'an District
- Tonglu County
- Chun'an County
- Jiande City
Zhejiang Climate by Region