1 Day Shangrila Tour to Balagezong Grand Canyon and Nixi Pottery Village
This 1 day tour will offers a chance to discover the unique beauty with rich Tibetan culture at Balagezong Grand Canyon, and also visit the most “Shangri-la” part of Shangri-la – Nixi Pottery Village.
- Explore the unique beauty with rich Tibetan culture at Balagezong Grand Canyon.
- Appreciate the purely hand-made pottery.
In the morning, pick up from your hotel and head to Balagezong Grand Canyon, which is located about 31 miles (50km) northwest of Shangri-la County. It earns very high admiration for the mysterious ancient Bala Village, hospitable villagers, holy snow mountains, plank road over Gangqu River, and precipitous gorges, especially Shangri-la Grand Canyon. It is a pure land isolated from the outside world, waiting for visitors to discover its unique beauty with rich Tibetan culture.
Then, move on to the Nixi Pottery Village, which is a small Tibetan village nestling along the popular adventure route from Deqing to Zhongdian of the famed Shangri-La in Yunnan Province. It is well known for the century-old art, making pottery. Around 70 out of the 100 families in the village are engaged in this traditional art. Many of them have built pottery workshops. It’s amazing to watch the locals processing the item. The item is purely hand-made which makes it unique and precious. The raw material clay, is taken from a mountain three kilometers away.
After the tour, be transferred back to your hotel and service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.