1 Day Shangrila Tibetan Culture Tour with Napahai Lake, Tibetan Villages and Songzanlin Monastery
Being located 8 kilometers northwest of Shangri-la County Town, Napahai Lake means “the forest beside the lake”, which covers 660,000 square meters. During this tour, we will visit the...
Code of Tour: CDT0000001279
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Shangrila
Departure City: Shangri-La
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Nature Culture Minority
Being located 8 kilometers northwest of Shangri-la County Town, Napahai Lake means “the forest beside the lake”, which covers 660,000 square meters. During this tour, we will visit the Little Potala Palace – Songzanlin Monastery, the natural reserve – Napahai Lake and also some Tibetan villages around the lake.
- The Little Potala Palace – Songzanlin Monastery.
- The natural reserve – Napahai Lake.
- Tibetan villages.
In the morning, meet your tour guide and driver at hotel lobby, then drive to Songzanlin Monastery located in the northern part of Shangri-la County. Built in 1679, the monastery is the largest Tibetan Buddhist monastery in Yunnan province and is sometimes referred to as the Little Potala Palace. It is a good chance to know about Tibetan plastic arts by admiring the architecture, painting and others in this “Tibetan Art Museum”.
After lunch, move on to the Napahai Lake. Located around 8 kilometers from Shangri-La, the lake is a nature reserve for birds, especially the black-necked crane. Visit some Tibetan villages around the lake and soak up the fascinating local culture.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.