1 Day Shangrila Tour to Shika Snow Mountain and Songzanlin Monastery
Be aware that a big part of the “old town” burnt down on January 11, 2014, Shnagri-La is where you begin to breathe in the Tibetan world. Travelling here...
Code of Tour: CDT0000001281
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Shangrila
Departure City: Shangri-La
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Nature Culture Landscape
Be aware that a big part of the “old town” burnt down on January 11, 2014, Shnagri-La is where you begin to breathe in the Tibetan world. Travelling here allows you to experience an intriguing blend of Tibetan and Han Chinese culture. During this tour, we will visit the highlights of Shangri-La.
- Visit the largest Tibetan Buddhist monastery in Yunnan province – Ganden Sumtseling Monastery (Songzanlin Monastery).
- Enjoy the holy mountain for the local Tibetans – Shika Snow Mountain.
In the morning, picked up by tour guide and transferred to visit Ganden Sumtseling Monastery (Songzanlin Monastery), which is a faithful imitation of the Potala Palace in Lhasa. Hence, it is reputed as the “Little Potala Palace”. Being a collection of Tibetan culture, Songzanlin Monastery is also reputed as “Tibetan Art Museum”.
Then move on to enjoy the beautiful Shika snow mountain, where you can also appreciate the Spiritual Rhino Lake, the forest, the grassland, and rare plants and animals. In addition, you may experience the religious culture of the sacred mountain and the nomadic culture.
After the tour, be transferred back to your hotel and service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.