4 Days Shanghai City Tour with Xitang Water Town Exploration
Shanghai has a long history, but with a very modern vibe. It is a true cosmopolitan metropolis which beautifully combines Chinese and Western cultures, making it a very special place for visitors. Xitang Water Town has well-preserved groups of buildings of the Ming and the Qing Dynasties with relatively high artistic quality and research value. It is famous for its large number of covered corridors, lanes and bridges.
- Have fun exploring the most prosperous spots in Shanghai like Nanjing Road and Yuyuan Market.
- Have a bird’s eye view of the magnificent cityscape on top of Shanghai World Financial Center.
- Experience refined vintage lifestyle in ancient China and picturesque water town Xitang.
- Day 1: Shanghai Arrival
- Day 2: Shanghai
- Day 3: Shanghai – Xitang – Shanghai
- Day 4: Shanghai Departure
Day 1 Shanghai Arrival
Sightseeing and Activities:
Upon your arrival, tour guide will pick you up from airport and then transfer you to your hotel. Feel free at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 2 Shanghai
Sightseeing and Activities: Yuyuan Garden, the Jade Buddha Temple, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center, Nanjing Road and the Bund, Acrobatic Show
After breakfast, we will first visit Yuyuan Garden and Yuyuan Market. Yu Yuan Garden(or Yun Garden) is a famous classical garden located in Anren Jie, Shanghai. It abuts the Yuyuan Market. Then we will stop at the Jade Buddha Temple, which is a venerable and famous Buddhist temple built in 1928. If you’re lucky, you can watch the monks serving a ceremony in a side room.
After that, we will visit Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center, the first kind of exhibition center in China showcasing a city’s development. Finally we will stroll across the famous Nanjing Road and the Bund. In the evening, enjoy an optional Acrobatic Show.
Day 3 Shanghai – Xitang – Shanghai
Sightseeing and Activities: Xitang Ancient Town
Today we will drive to Xitang Ancient Town near Shanghai. There are many well-preserved architectural groups constructed during the Ming and Qing dynasties, which boast a higher artistry and study value. We will visit Xiyuan Garden, Shipi Lane, Yanyu Corridor, and Zhang Zhenggen Carving Museum, China Button Museum. Then drive back to Shanghai in the afternoon.
Day 4 Shanghai Departure
Sightseeing and Activities:
Be free on this day until be transferred to the airport for the flight to your next stop.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic train tickets of soft sleeper.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.