Shanghai Travel Tips
To have a better travel experience in Shanghai, here are some useful Shanghai travel tips which may be helpful for your Shanghai tour. When plan your trip to Shanghai, view our answers to questions about Shanghai travel to get a better understanding of Shanghai.
- Fire: 119
- Police: 110
- Ambulance: 120
- Consumer Complaint: 12315
- Tourists Complaint: 64393615
- Shanghai Tour Bus Center: 021-24095555
- Hongqiao International Airport Inquiry: 62688918
- Pudong International Airport Inquiry: 38484500
- Shanghai Port Ship Inquiry: 021-63260269
- Train Ticket Booking: 021-63171880/8008207890
More about Area Code & Zip Code in Shanghai.
Best Time to Visit in Shanghai
The spring(March-May) and autumn(October-November) are the best time to visit Shanghai.
What to Wear in Shanghai
- Spring(March-May): It is necessary to wear sweaters and coats. What's more, the lighter clothes shall be prepared in case of warmer days.
- Summer(June-September): When you choose to come to Shanghai in summer, it is necessary to carry a raincoat or an umbrella because the rainy season of Shanghai occurs in summer. It is suitable to pack skirts, shorts, T-shirts and other summer clothes. What's more, the sunglasses and sunscreen are necessary to appear in your luggage.
- Autumn(October-November): If you choose to come to Shanghai in autumn, it is necessary to pack long-sleeve T-shirts, sweaters, coats in case of the cold days.
- Winter(December-February of the next year): When you choose to come to Shanghai in winter, the thick sweater, thick coat, warm trousers are necessary to appear in your luggage. What's more, sometime when a cold snap hits Shanghai, it is necessary to wear a down jacket.
Banks in Shanghai
With the development of mobile payment(Wechat Payment and Alipay Payment), mobile payment is available in most places of Shanghai. However, the cash is still important. People also prepare some card in their wallets. There are a lot of banks in Shanghai for you to exchange money. Hence, do not worry finding a bank in Shanghai.
- Bank of China(Changning Road Sub-branch)(中国银行(长宁路支行))
Address: No. 1170 Changning Road, Changning District, Shanghai(上海市长宁区长宁路1170号)
- Bank of China(Chuansha Sub-branch)(中国银行(川沙支行))
Address: No. 4958 Chuansha Road, Chuansha Town, Shanghai(上海市川沙镇川沙路4958号)
- Ban of China(Yangjing Sub-branch)(中国银行(洋泾支行))
Address: No. 276 Gushan Road, Pudong New Area, Shanghai(上海市浦东新区崮山路276号)
- China Merchants Bank(Yanxi Sub-branch)(招商银行(延西支行))
Address: No. 1115 Dingxi Road, Changning District, Shanghai(上海市长宁区定西路1115号)
- China Construction Bank(Shanghai Caolu Sub-branch)(中国建设银行(上海曹路支行))
Address: No. 1685 Shangchuan Road, Pudong New Area, Shanghai(上海市浦东新区上川路1685号)
- China Citic Bank(Chuansha Sub-branch)(中信银行(川沙支行))
Address: No. 5007 Chuansha Road, Pudong New Area, Shanghai(上海市浦东新区川沙路5007号)
- Bank of Communications(交通银行)
Address: No. 1919 Shibo Avenue, Pudong New Area, Shanghai(上海市浦东新区世博大道1919号)
- Industrial Bank(兴业银行)
Address: No. 99 Longrui Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai(上海市徐汇区龙瑞路99号)
Express and Post Offices in Shanghai
- Zhangjiang Sub-branch Post Office(张江邮政支局)
Address: No. 2970 Chuanbei Highway, Pudong New Area, Shanghai(上海市浦东新区川北公路2970号)
- Sijing Sub-branch Post Office(泗泾支局)
Address: No. 458 Gulang Road, Songjiang District, Shanghai(上海市松江区鼓浪路458号)
- Qibao Sub-branch Post Office(七宝邮政支局)
Address: No. 38 East Fuqiang Street, Minhang District, Shanghai(上海市闵行区富强东街38号)
- Fangsong Sub-branch Post Office (方松支局)
Address: No. 202 Longyuan Road, Songjiang District(松江区龙源路202号)
- Hongqiao Sub-branch Post Office(虹桥支局)
Address: No. 2983 Hongmei Road, Minhang District, Shanghai(上海市闵行区虹梅路2983号)
- SF Express(顺丰快递)
Address: No. 308 Kuizhao Road, Hongkou District, Shanghai(上海市虹口区奎照路308号)
- STO Express(申通快递)
Address: Nearby No. 154 Xinchuan Road, Pudong New Area, Shanghai(上海市浦东新区新川路154号附近)
- Best Express(Chuansha Road)(百世快运(川沙路店))
Address: No. 12 Building, No. 1168 Chuansha Road, Caolu Town, Pudong New Area(浦东新区曹路镇川沙路1168号12号楼)
Hospitals in Shanghai
- Shanghai Tongji Hospital(上海市同济医院)
Address: No. 389 Xincun Road, Putuo District, Shanghai(上海市普陀区新村路389号)
- Shanghai No. 5 People's Hospital(上海市第五人民医院)
Address: No. 801 Heqing Road, Minhang District, Shanghai(上海市闵行区鹤庆路801号)
- Shanghai No. 1 People's Hospital(上海市第一人民医院)
Address: No. 100 Haining Road, Hongkou District, Shanghai(上海市虹口区海宁路100号)
- Shanghai No. 7 People's Hospital(上海市第七人民医院)
Address: No. 358 Datong Road, Gaoqiao, Pudong New Area(浦东新区高桥大同路358号)
- Shangahi Tongren Hospital(上海市同仁医院)
Address: No. 1111 Xianxia Road, Changning District, Shanghai(上海市长宁区仙霞路1111号)
- Shanghai No. 6 People's Hospital(上海市第六人民医院)
Address: No. 600 Yishan Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai(上海市徐汇区宜山路600号)
- Shanghai Changzhen Hospital(上海长征医院)
Address: No. 415 Fengyang Road, Shanghai(上海市凤阳路415号)
- Shanghai Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital (上海市中医医院)
Address: No. 275 Middle Zhijiang Road, Jing'an District(静安区芷江中路274号)
More about Top Hospitals in Shanghai.
Other Tips for Visiting Shangahi
144-Hour Visa-Free Transit
How to Get to Shanghai
Shanghai Transportation, to some extent, is strongly linked to Shanghai Tours. As the most developed city in China, Shanghai has the best transport network compared with other cities in China. At present, the main transportation modes in Shanghai are airplane, trains, buses, ships and so on. What's more, Shanghai Port is an important hub in China.
Shanghai has an extensive public transport system, largely based on buses, trolley buses, taxis, and a rapidly expanding metro system. Shanghai has invested heavily in public transportation before and after the 2010 World Expo, including the construction of the Hongqiao Transportation Hub of high-speed rail, air, metro and bus routes. What's more, all public transport can be paid by using the contactless Shanghai Public Transportation Card.
Note: Due to the large number of one-way streets, Shanghai buses tend to have different routes. If you are going to return on the same road, it is best to find out what the returning station is before getting off the bus.
- How to Travel from Beijing to Shanghai
- How to Travel from Shanghai to Beijing
- Cheapest Way to Travel between Beijing and Shanghai
- How to Get from Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station to the Bund
- How to Take Shanghai Metro
- How to Travel Between Hongqiao Airport and Downtown of Shanghai
- How to Travel Between Pudong Airport and Downtown of Shanghai
Although Shanghai Cuisine is not regarded as one of the eight famous Chinese Cuisines, the Shanghai cuisine has gradually developed into the unique Shanghai-style dish system due to the long-term coexistence and mutual influence of Shanghai local and foreign dishes. With the population of more than tens of millions, as the biggest city in China, Shanghai is the nation's street food epicenter.
- Top Buffet Restaurants in Shanghai
- Top Cafes in Shanghai
- Top Fast Food Restaurants in Shanghai
- Top Hot Pot Restaurants in Shanghai
- Top Seafood Restaurants in Shanghai
- Best Themed Restaurants in Shanghai
- Top Steakhouses in Shanghai
- Best Vegetarian Restaurants in Shanghai
- Best Muslim Food Restaurants in Shanghai
Known as the “shopping paradise”, Shanghai has always been a gathering place for foreigners due to its special geographical location and historical background. Various high-end imported and domestic goods are abundant. With the establishment of the metropolitan status of Shanghai, "shopping" has become an indispensable part of Shanghai tourism. If you want to buy something for friends and relatives, please go to the normal shops.
- Shopping Malls in Shanghai
- Yuyuan Market in Shanghai
- Duty Free Stores in Shanghai
- Nanjing Road in Shanghai
Where to Stay in Shanghai
When you come to Shanghai, do not worry where to stay. As the most developed city in China, Shanghai is full of hotels, including 5-star hotels, comfortable, economic and cheap hostels. Hence, you can always find the most suitable hotel for you.
Matters need attention
- Although the hotel's bed sheet is replaced every day, it is best to prepare a set of comfortable pajamas.
- Prepare some disposable toilet seats.
- Try not to take a bath.
- Before using the water glass, use the boiling water to disinfect.
- It is best not to wear plastic slippers provided by the hotel.
- Wash your hands after using the remote control.
- The Best Shanghai Hotels Rated on TripAdvisor
- The Best Boutique Hotels and Inns in Shanghai
- Hotels Located in the Center of Shanghai
- The Best Budget 3-Star Hotels in Shanghai
- The Best Luxury 5-Star Hotels in Shanghai
- The Best Comfortable 4-Star Hotels in Shanghai
Things to Do in Shanghai
What to visit in Shanghai? What are the top attractions? What are the top things to do in Shanghai? Shanghai Attractions include many exciting sightseeing opportunities for travelers. Shanghai, known as the most developed city in China, offers quiet historical districts and attractions alongside its many new tourist sites. Shanghai also provides opportunities for exploration by water along the Chinese coast and its inland waterways due to the special position-at the estuary of the Yangtze River.
Shanghai Tour Bus Center
Shanghai Tour Bus Center is directly managed by the Municipal Tourism Administration to provide self-service travel services for tourists, including tourism information consultation and services, introducing travel routes, itinerary arrangement, cultural connotations, promotional activities and other information, as well as online booking services. Shanghai Tour Bus Center mainly provides the short-distance travel buses to Shanghai. The center mainly provides short and medium-distance routes in the surrounding areas of the city, Jiangsu and Zhejiang, such as “one-day tour”, “two-day tour”, “three-day tour”, etc.
The classic tour routes:
- Ancient Water Towns Tour: such as Zhouzhuang Town, Tongli, Wuzhen Town, Xitang Water Town, Xidi Ancient Village
- Famous Mountains and Rivers Tour: such as West Zhejiang Grand Crayon, Taohua Island, the Residence of the Gods
- Classic Garden Tour: such as Suzhou Garden, Grand View Garden, Shenyuan Garden
- Theme Park Tour: such as Shanghai Zoo, China Dinosaur Park in Changzhou, Gongqing Forest Park
- Urban Sightseeing Tour: such as the Bund, Shanghai World Financial Center