1 Shangrila Lamaist Monasteries Tour
Shangrila is split between Tibetan and ethnic Han residents, as well as a fair smattering of Naxi, Bai, Yi and Lisu, with the surrounding countryside entirely Tibetan. During this tour, we will visit the Lamaist Monasteries including Songzanlin Monastery, Baiji Monastery, Cheng’En Monastery and Dabao Monastery.
- Visit the largest Tibetan monastery in Yunnan – Songzanlin Monastery.
- Explore Dabao Monastery with the sacred surroundings.
Pick you up from your hotel in the morning. Drive to visit Songzanlin Monastery, the largest Tibetan monastery in Yunnan. Songzanlin Monastery has another alias – ‘the little Potala Palace ‘, so named because the whole monastery is in the traditional style with mysterious atmosphere. Then pay a visit to Baiji Monastery. It was built in the Yuan Dynasty and has a history of several hundred years.
After lunch at a Tibetan Family, transfer to visit Cheng’En Monastery which is located in Nuoxi Village, Jian Tang Town of Shangri-la City.
In the late afternoon, visit Dabao Monastery. Dabao Monastery (大宝寺) is built on a rugged green hillside at an altitude of 3,300m (10,827 ft) and is one of the earliest Tibetan Buddhist temples built in Zhongdian (Shangri-La) County. It was destroyed in the Cultural Revolution and rebuilt in 1984. It’s the sacred surroundings that are the draw here: hillsides dotted with sheep, fluttering prayer flags and pine trees. At the foot of the hill there lies a lovely, 2 km (1.2 mi) long stone wall with delicate Buddhas and scriptures carved on it.
Drive back to your hotel. Service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.