Chinese Name: 九寨沟 Pinyin: jǐu zhài gōu Location: North of Sichuan Population: 67,945 Language: Tibetan, Sichuan Dialect Zip code: 623400 Tel code: +86(0837) Time zone: UTC+8
Jiuzhaigou, literally means “Nine Villages Valley”, which is named after the nine Tibetan villages in the area. Jiuzhaigou County(previously known as Nanping County), it is about 540 kilometers away from Chengdu city and needs 8-10 hours’ drive due to the tortuous mountain roads. In the year of 1992, Jiuzhaigou Scenic Spot was dubbed as the World Nature Heritage Site. It fully captures the truth of Jiuzhaigou that there is need to see any other waterscapes after visiting Jiuzhaigou. Indeed, water is the soul of Jiuzhaigou and it is the most beautiful waterscape in China. This multicolored land is made up of 108 “Haizi”, including springs, waterfalls, lakes and benchlands, a combination of flying and serenity, with a visibility up to 20 meters. There are “six unique” in Jiuzhaigou, namely emerald lakes, multi-level waterfalls, colorful forest, snow-capped peaks, Tibetan customs and blue ice. Therefore, it is a good chance to experience the unique Tibetan culture in the ancient Tibetan villages. In different places, Jiuzhaigou can be found with different charming scenery, which is a magical dream-like world that Chinese and foreign tourists yearn for.
- Photography: Jiuzhaigou is most famous for its blue, green and turquoise-colored lakes and waterfalls which is an ideal place for photography. It is reputed as a precious gem in northern Sichuan. There is no severe cold in winter and sultry heat in summer. There are different sceneries in the four seasons. It is famous for the “six wonders” of green lake, multi-layer waterfall, colorful forest, snow peaks, etc. Whenever you go all year round, you will feel as if you are in a fairyland.
- Tibetan Culture: Jiuzhaigou is a large corridor for ethnic integration in history, and it has long been a Tibetan settlement. The mysterious and dignified Tibetan culture with distinctive regional characteristics and the fantastic landscape are integrated to complement each other. Located in the intersection of Tibetan, Han, Qiang and Hui, Jiuzhaigou’s Tibetan culture is affected by many ethnic groups. For example, the construction of Tibetan village in Jiuzhai Valley is clearly different from the western Tibetan.
- Flora and Fauna: Jiuzhaigou is the first nature reserve in China with the main purpose of protecting natural scenery. The forest coverage rate of the reserve is more than 80%, there are 38 kinds of lianas and 74 kinds of national protected rare plants and 18 kinds of national protected animals such as giant panda, golden monkey and leopard. There are 122 species of terrestrial vertebrates in Jiuzhaigou National Nature Reserve, including 21 species of mammals, 93 species of birds, 4 species of reptiles and 4 species of amphibians.
Notice: On Aug. 8, 2017, a 7.0-magnitude quake forced the national park to close. Now the scenic spot has been open to individual tourists. The maximum number of daily visitors is 20,000.
Hot Destinations in Jiuzhaigou
Other Destinations in Ngawa
- Wenchuan County
- Songpan County
- Lixian County (Ngawa)
- Xiaojin County
- Zoige County
- Hongyuan County
- Mao County
- Mount Siguniang
- Heishui County
- Ngawa County
- Jinchuan County
- Zamthang County
Jiuzhaigou Attractions include a list of top things to do and must-see attractions in Jiuzhaigou. All attractions picked by our seasoned travel advisors and rated by our customers. Following is the list of Top 10 Attractions in Jiuzhaigou by TripAdvisor. Jiuzhaigou is a popular tourist destination on UNESCO's World Heritage List. It enjoys worldwide fame for its breathtaking natural scenery of multicolored lakes, primeval forests, snow-capped peaks and spectacular waterfalls, which attracts thousands of tourists to appreciate the Land of [...]
Jiuzhaigou travel packages list all of Jiuzhaigou tours, Jiuzhaigou day tours, Sichuan tours itinerary with Jiuzhaigou tours including Jiuzhaigou. Plan Jiuzhaigou tours including 1-30 days trip and tours, Jiuzhaigou food culture tours, join group tours and sightseeing tours. Usually, Jiuzhaigou tour is accompanied by its neighbor Huanglong National Park, which is also listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1992. It is about 2 hours’ drive between the two scenic spots with convenient transport. We offer the following [...]
- More City Tours Including Jiuzhaigou >>
- More China Provinces Tours Including Jiuzhaigou >>
- More Multi-City Tours Including Jiuzhaigou >>
- All Tours Including Jiuzhaigou >>
Climate & When to Go
Jiuzhaigou Weather and Climate describes information with temperature, precipitation, Geography, What Clothes to Wear in Jiuzhaigou, weather and climate by month, climate graph, 15 days Jiuzhaigou weather forecast. Find out the best time to visit Jiuzhaigou and see the season highlights in Jiuzhaigou. It also tells you what to wear in different seasons and Clothes packing for your Trip to Jiuzhaigou. Jiuzhaigou Weather and Climate With an altitude of 1900-3100 meters above sea level, Jiuzhaigou enjoys a plateau humid climate. The mountain peaks [...]
Jiuzhaigou Transportation Guide serves you detailed transport information and introduces Jiuzhaigou fights, Jiuzhaigou trains, Jiuzhaigou Cycling, Jiuzhaigou buses, Jiuzhaigou Bus Stations and Railway Stations, Jiuzhaigou taxis and ways of getting in and around Jiuzhaigou. Jiuzhaigou can be reached by many transport modes, such as plane, train or long0distance bus. But in terms of overall cost, it is the quickest and most convenient way to fly to Chengdu or Chongqing and then take a long-distance bus to the scenic spot. If [...]
Festivals and Activities
Jiuzhaigou Festivals and Events introduce a brief introduction of festivals and activities and tell travelers Top Things to Do for Jiuzhaigou festivals Tours and important Jiuzhaigou events and activities. With most residents of Tibetan and Qiang ethnic groups, Jiuzhaigou features most traditional festivals of local Tibetan and Qiang people. There are Tibetan New Year, Mazi Fair, Huanglong Temple Fair, Lamp Festival, Qiang’s New Year, as well as tourist festival such as Ice-waterfall Tourism Festival. Festivals of Jiuzhaigou Tibetan New Year Also known as Losar, [...]
Jiuzhaigou Travel FAQs and Tips introduce the city and zip codes, post offices, useful numbers, hospitals, banks for foreign exchange, Government and famous universities. When plan your trip to Jiuzhaigou, view our answers to questions about Jiuzhaigou travel to get better understanding of Jiuzhaigou. Hailed as “Wonderland on Earth” and “Fairy Tale World”, Jiuzhaigou is most famous for its magical and multicolored landscapes. While its green primeval forest and unique Tibetan culture always attract and amaze travelers from all over [...]
Jiuzhaigou Travel Maps in English includes Maps List of Jiuzhaigou Tourist Attractions, Maps of Jiuzhaigou Hotels, Maps of Jiuzhaigou Tours, Jiuzhaigou Subway Maps, Maps of Transportation. It show the specific location maps of main roads, Transportation, railway, stations, Bus Stations, Airports, expressway, administrative division, famous tourist attractions, travel and tours, universities, banks and hospitals. [...]
Jiuzhaigou Accommodation and Hotels Booking introduces Where to stay in Jiuzhaigou and the recommended Jiuzhaigou 5-star luxury hotels, Comfortable 4-star, Economic 3-star and Cheap Hostels recommended by TripAdvisor. For travelers, finding a good hotel to live will make their traveling even better. As one of most popular destinations in China, Jiuzhaigou offers many choices of hotels from luxury star hotels to budget hotels. No matter you want to stay near Jiuzhaigou for conveniently appreciating the beauty of the valley or [...]