Jiuzhaigou Travel Tips
Jiuzhaigou Travel FAQs and Tips introduce the city and zip codes, post offices, useful numbers, hospitals, banks for foreign exchange, Government and famous universities. When plan your trip to Jiuzhaigou, view our answers to questions about Jiuzhaigou travel to get better understanding of Jiuzhaigou. Hailed as “Wonderland on Earth” and “Fairy Tale World”, Jiuzhaigou is most famous for its magical and multicolored landscapes. While its green primeval forest and unique Tibetan culture always attract and amaze travelers from all over the world. It is also a popular place to for shooting domestic films and TV shows.
- China International country code number: 0086
- Ambulance: 120; Fire: 119; Police: 110
- Telephone Information Enquiry: 114
- Weather Report: 121; Post Code: 624000; Time Check: 117
- Consumer Complaint Center: 12315
- Jiuzhaigou Code Number: 0837
- Jiuzhaigou Tourism Bureau: 0837-7732483
- Songpan Tourism Bureau: 0837- 7232339
- Ngawa(Aba) Tourism Complaint: 0837-96927(24 hours)
- Sichuan Tourism Law Enforcement Team: 028-86657308
- Jiuzhaigou Scenic Area Consulting: 0837-7739753(Emergency)
- Jiuzhaigou Scenic Area Complaints: 0837-7739309
- Jiuzhaigou Scenic Area First-Aid: 0837-7739818
- Sightseeing Service: 0837-7766016
Banks in Jiuzhaigou
It is not convenient to exchange currency in Jiuzhaigou. There are only a few of Chinese banks without providing currency exchange service, nor does ATM. Maybe you can exchange some common currencies at some high-end hotels. However, it is best to exchange enough cash before you come here.
- Agricultural Bank of China (Jiuzhaigou County Sub-branch Office)中国农业银行(九寨沟县支行营业室)
Add: Near No. 151, Wenhui Road文荟路151号附近
- China Construction Bank (Jiuzhaigou County sub branch)中国建设银行(九寨沟县支行)
Add: No.4, Government Street, Yongle Town, Jiuzhaigou County九寨沟县永乐镇政府街4号
- Agricultural Bank of China (Jiuzhaigou Scenic Area Sub-branch)中国农业银行(九寨沟景区支行)
Add: S301, 210 meters Northwest of Jiuzhaigou Management Bureau, Jiuzhaigou County 九寨沟县S301九寨沟管理局西北侧210米
- China Postal Savings Bank (Jiuzhaigou County Sub-branch)中国邮政储蓄银行(九寨沟县支行)
Add: No.5 Zhongjie, Yongle Town, Jiuzhaigou County九寨沟县永乐镇中街5号
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (Aba Jiuzhaigou Sub-branch)中国工商银行(阿坝九寨沟支行)
Add: No.66 Wenhui Road, Yongle Town, Jiuzhaigou County九寨沟县永乐镇文荟路66号
- Agricultural Bank of China (Jiuzhaigou Government Street Banking Office)中国农业银行(九寨沟政府街分理处)
Add: No.15, Binjiang Road, Yongle Town永乐镇滨江路15号
Post Office in Jiuzhaigou
There are many post offices in Jiuzhaigou county with convenient postal services, such as the Zhangzha post office at the entrance to Jiuzhaigou.
- Zhangzha Post Office中国邮政(九寨沟县漳扎镇邮政支局)
Add: 50 meters northeast of Zhangzha town primary school, Zhangzha Town, Jiuzhaigou County九寨沟风景区漳扎镇小学东北50米
Opening Time: 08:30-17:30(summer); 09:00-17:0o(winter); 09:00-16:00(on holiday)
- Jiuzhangou County Post Office九寨沟县邮政局
Add: No.5 Middle street, Yongle Town, Jiuzhaigou County永乐镇中街05号
Hospital in Jiuzhaigou
- Jiuzhaigou County People's Hospital九寨沟县人民医院
Add: Wenhui Road, Yongfeng New District, Jiuzhaigou County九寨沟县永丰新区文荟路
Tel: (0837)7732146, (0837)7726608
- Jiuzhaigou County Zhongzang Hospital九寨沟县中藏医院
Add: No.27, Shuncheng Street, Yongle Town, Jiuzhaigou County九寨沟县永乐镇顺城街27号
- Jiuzhaigou International Hospital (International Tourism Emergency Medical Security Center)九寨沟国际医院(国际旅游应急医疗保障中心)
Add: 50m south of Provincial Highway 301(301省道南50米)
- Pengfeng Village Cooperative Medical Station彭丰村合作医疗站
Add: Jiuzhaigou County, Aba Tibetan and Qiang Autonomous Prefecture, Sichuan
Tibetan is the main language used by the residents of Jiuzhaigou. However, after several years' development of tourism, most of the young and middle-aged villages can communicate in Chinese and English.
Best Time to Visit
The beauty of Jiuzhaigou are different in the four seasons. The best time to visit is from late spring to early autumn, especially from September to October, when you’re most likely to have crimson leaves, clear blue sky, multicolored lakes and pools. However, stunning scenery comes with crowded conditions. Try to avoid Chinese National Day that falls on the first week of October, when you will see a sea of people with much higher cost than usual.
More about Best time to visit Jiuzhaigou.
What’s more, there is a big difference in ticket prices and transportation costs between the rush season and the off-season in Jiuzhaigou, so staggered shifts can save a lot of expenses. Winter is a good time with free re-entry.
How Many Days to Spend in Jiuzhaigou
Starting from Chengdu by self-driving, it will take 2 days to go back and forth, and then leave 1-2 days to visit Jiuzhaigou, which is the choice of most people; if you want to visit Huanglong scenic spot, you need to arrange another day.
What to Wear in Jiuzhaigou
There are great temperature difference between day and night. Light sweater and thick coats are recommended for touring Jiuzhaigou in spring. Down jacket is necessary to spend the morning and night. In addition, skin-care product for UV light and first aid medicine are also needed.
In the summer, it is a paradise for tourists to escape from summer heat. Due to heavy rains, please do not forget to bring rain gears with you. What’s more, there are strong ultraviolet radiation and it is important to wear skin-care product, sun hat and sunglasses. It is also a little bit cold in the night, so please bring some warm clothing with you.
It is the best season with most comfortable weather. However, the temperature difference is great between day and night, so it’s necessary to bring sweaters and warm coats, even down jacket.
It becomes a silver world in the winter. Winter hat, gloves and boots are necessary to keep warm if you plan to visit Jiuzhaigou in the winter.
- Jiuzhaigou has a large elevation difference, so the actual temperature of the highest point is lower than that of the weather forecast, especially on rainy days. Try to wear clothes that are easy to put on and take off. Waterproof jackets are recommended that can protect against the changeable weather in the plateau area.
- Jiuzhaigou has a long walkway, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes. There may be some water on the walkway, a pair of waterproof shoes are recommended.
- The scenic area has strong sunlight and ultraviolet radiation. If long-time at outdoors, wear a hat and sun cream to protect your skin.
The scenic area is between 2000 and 4000 meters above sea level, but no more than 4000 meters. Therefore, altitude sickness is generally tolerated, unless the ones in poor health or older than 50 years old. There is no need to worry about altitude sickness. But in scenic spots, especially at high elevations, don't walk too fast. Basically, there is no problem if you pay attention to keep warm and protect against wind, as well as to save physical strengths.
If you have the feeling of short of breath, headache like a needle prick, sick with sweat and fast heartbeat, please don't be nervous, and have a rest in a shelter from wind with your partners. Have something to eat, especially some high-calorie food, such as chocolate. Then take a deep breath! Slow down your breathing by breathing in more and breathing out slowly. For the old and infirm, it is best to have a small oxygen bottle just in case. Anyone with heart disease or high blood pressure should better not to go.
In the scenic area, as long as you have a sightseeing bus ticket, you can get on and off at any specified station. Tell the guide where to get off in advance, for the bus driver will not ask you. The traffic between Jiuzhaigou and the surrounding scenic spots is not particularly convenient, and the tourists can choose to travel by chartered car or carpool. Try to agree upon a price with the driver before getting into the car in case of overcharge. Please see more about Jiuzhaigou Transportation.
It is recommended to buy souvenirs at the end of the tour, otherwise there will be a lot of inconvenience during the trip. There will be some fake items, try to identify the goods carefully before you buy it. In addition, Tibetan knives are controlled knives that cannot be consigned by air and rail. The only way is by mail. Before you buy it, make sure whether the seller can provide deliver service, because it cannot be delivered by yourself!
The consumption range for visiting Jiuzhaigou is still very large. No matter the mode of transportation, the time of visit, the conditions of accommodation and the accompanying tourist attractions will have a great impact on the budget. Therefore, for a 3-4 day trip from Chengdu, it is reasonable to have a personal budget of 2,000-4,000 yuan.
- Attractions: Tickets to Jiuzhaigou are more expensive. The peak season is 220 yuan per person and the off season is 80 per person, with daily charges.
- Catering: The only dining place in the scenic area, Nuorilang Service Center, has a buffet at the price of 60, 98 and 138 and instant noodles of 15 yuan. Outside the scenic spot, there are some restaurants from Jiuzhaigou to Jiulongqiao, with prices around 50 yuan per capita.
- Accommodation: The average price of three-star hotels is about 200-300, and that of four-star hotels is about 400-500.
- Transportation: The one-way ticket for long-distance bus between Chengdu and Jiuzhaigou is about 150-200 yuan. The price of sightseeing bus in the scenic spot is 80 yuan/person in low season and 90 yuan/person in high season.
The best time to shoot:
- Reed Lake: In the morning and afternoon, there is a backlighting effect.
- Sparkling Lake: In the morning when there is no sunshine on the background mountain.
- Tiger Lake, Rhinoceros Lake, Mirror sea: Morning
- Nuorilang Waterfall: From morning to moon. Backlighting in the afternoon
- Please consult and follow their customs if you are invited to have a drink with the local Tibetan.
- Please drink the butter tea until the host pass it to you in both hands.
- Please go clockwise around the temple or Buddhism pagodas when you pass by them.
- Please don't step over any religious tool and brazier.
- Please do not touch the Tibetan's head.
- Please do not step on the threshold that will cause misfortune.
- Fireworks are strictly forbidden in the scenic area. Smoking is not allowed or will be fined 500RMB. The only smoking area in the scenic area is the Nuorilang service center.
- In the Zharu Temple in Zharugou scenic area, some docents will let the so-called living Buddha touch your head for good fortune, and then ask for a high pay, do not be tricked.
- Jiuzhaigou scenic area is very large, and it is necessary to take a sightseeing bus (except for hikers). Take the left seat when visiting Shuzheng Valley and Zechawa Valley, and take right seat when visiting Rize Valley.