5 Days Beijing Adoption Heritage Tour
During this 5 Days Beijing Tour, you will visit the Orphanage where your child grows up, have an exciting hiking experience on Badaling Great Wall. We are going to visit the biggest public square in the world, explore Ming Tombs, experience the ancient royal’s life.
- Return to visit the Orphanage where your child grows up.
- Exciting hiking tour on Badaling Great Wall.
- Visit the biggest public square in the world.
- Experience the ancient royal’s life.
- Explore the Ming Tombs.
- Day 1: Beijing Arrival
- Day 2: Beijing
- Day 3: Beijing
- Day 4: Beijing
- Day 5: Beijing Departure
Day 1 Arrival in Beijing
Sightseeing and Activities:Arrive in Beijing
Upon your arrival in Beijing, meet local tour guide and driver, transfer to hotel for check in and rest.
Day 2: Beijing Orphanage Visit
Sightseeing and Activities:Orphanage
A typical process of orphanage visit: Your family will be welcome by firecracker ceremony with hanging red banner(Written sentence meaning welcome for home return visit), then you will have a conversation with orphanage director and staff, after that it’s a limited visit of facilities the SWI and view the file of your child(if possible). Having lunch with orphanage director and staff, in the afternoon you will visit the “finding spot” of your child or doing the city sightseeing.
Please note that process of each orphanage is different, actually there is no standard process.
So activities of a typical orphanage visit could be:
- Visit facilities and surroundings of the Orphanage(SWI)
- View profile of your Child
- Meet the Nurse/Nanny of your child
- Meet the foster mother or family
- Conversation or with orphanage director and staff
- Meal with orphanage director and staff
- Visit the “finding spot”
- Gifts to orphanage directors, caregivers, foster families and children
- Donate to the orphanage
More and more Chinese orphanages are now open to adoptive families for return visiting, but each province is different and has different regulations, No single person can 100% guarantee the permission to visit an orphanage. so please check with your Travel Advisor beforehand to see what you should expect when visiting your child’s orphanage.
We work closely with Social Welfare Institutes throughout China and Chinese Government department like Provincial Civil Affairs Bureau (CAB) and CCAB to arrange your orphanage visit. With great knowledge, experience and resource, by fully understanding the needs of both adoptive families and government, we have helped many families to visit orphanages of their adoptive children.
Day 3 Beijing
Sightseeing and Activities: Badaling Great Wall, Ming Tombs, the Bird Nest
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
After breakfast, transfer to visit Badaling Great Wall which was built in the Ming Dynasty (1505) to occupy a commanding and strategic position for protecting the Juyongguan Pass (Juyongguan section of the Great Wall) on its south, further protecting the city of Beijing.
Then, transfer to visit Ming Tombs: the majority of the Ming tombs are located in a cluster near Beijing and collectively known as the Thirteen Tombs of the Ming Dynasty
After that, drive to visit the Bird Nest: the national stadium, constructed for Summer Olympic Games in 2008.
Day 4 Beijing
Sightseeing and Activities: Hutongs, Summer Palace, the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
After breakfast, pay a visit to Hutongs. The lanes have their own layout and structure, and when viewed from the air the combination of the lanes and courtyards resemble a chessboard with delicate gardens, fine rockeries and ancient ruins this makes them a wonder in the world. Because of the cross interlacement of the lanes every houses connected to the other, making it easy for local people to keep in touch with their neighbors.
Then, drive to visit Summer Palace: the Summer Palace holds its name to perfection as this was where emperors and the imperial family used to retreat at summer time, away from the heat that was burning the Forbidden City. Also pay a visit to the Forbidden City: served as the home of emperors and their households as well as the ceremonial and political center of Chinese government for almost 500 years.
After that, continue drive to visit Tiananmen Square: it is a city square in the centre of Beijing, China, named after the Tiananmen (“Gate of Heavenly Peace”) located to its north, separating it from the Forbidden City.
Day 5 Beijing Departure
Sightseeing and Activities: Departure from Beijing
Enjoy your free time before be transferred to the airport for the flight to the next station. Service ends.
- All land transfer and transportation with private vehicle as listed in the itinerary;
- Luggage transfer between airport and hotels;
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Accommodations with breakfast;
- Skilled driver and experienced English-speaking tour guide;
- Two bottles of water per day each person;
- Travel agency liability insurance.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Meals not listed in the itinerary;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.