3 Days Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces and Stone Forest Photography Tour from Kunming
The colorful Yunnan boasts many world heritage sites, such as the “First Wonder Under Heaven” – Stone Forest, the photographer’s paradise – Yuanyang, God’s pallet – Dongchuan Red Land… The South of Colorful Clouds always provides much more than you can imagine. During this tour, you will be marveled at the masterpieces of Stone Forest and Yuanyang Hani Rice Terrace, besides, also experience the ethnic customs of Yunnan.
- Visit the most typical Karst landscape in the world – Stone Forest.
- Appreciate the most beautiful curved lines in the world – Yuanyang Hani Rice Terrace.
- Enjoy a feast for your eyes as well as your camera.
- Day 1: Kunming – Stone Forest – Yuanyang
- Day 2: Yuanyang
- Day 3: Yuanyang – Kunming
Day 1 Kunming-Stone Forest-Yuanyang
Sightseeing and Activities: The Stone Forest, Ashima, sunset, Bada Rice Terraces
Pick up from the hotel at 9 am, and then head to Stone forest(about 1.5 hours’ drive) which was listed as one of the famous UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites in 2007. It is the most typical Karst landscape in the world. Stay in Stone forest for 3 to 4 hours and enjoy the distinctive famous historical sites – Ashima. Have local Yunnan lunch in the midway. (Note: If you finished your journey in the Stone Forest early, we will arrive at Yuanyang ahead of schedule).
After the tour, drive about 4.5 hours to another UNESCO World Heritage site Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces. Upon arrival, enjoy the sea of clouds and sunset at Bada Rice Terraces if the weather allows, which is 14km from Xinjiezhen(Yuanyang Old Town). Bada has one of the biggest collections of terraces in the world and is easy to photograph from different angles.
After dinner at local restaurant, enjoy the free time with the beautiful scenery and then transferred to the hotel to have a good rest for tomorrow’s trip.
Day 2 Yuanyang
Sightseeing and Activities: Duoyishu Rice Terrace, Laohuzui (Tiger Mouth) Rice Terrace, Mushroom-shaped Houses
Meals: Breakfast, lunch
Get up early and have breakfast, then head to Duoyishu Rice Terrace to enjoy the sunrise. After that, move on to the biggest Hani Rice Terraces in this area – Laohuzui (Tiger Mouth) Rice Terrace to appreciate the spectacular terrace land. Be overwhelmed by the beauty of nature and Hani people’s wisdom.
Today’s tour will end with Mushroom-shaped Houses, the traditional residence of the Hani people. Warm in winter and cool in summer, it is well ventilated and dry inside.
Day 3 Yuanyang – Kunmin
Sightseeing and Activities: Hani Village
Get up early to enjoy the sunrise and have breakfast. Then visit the Hani village to enjoy some wonderful folk dancing performances and experience Hani people’ s unique lifestyle and ethnic customs. After lunch, explore this beautiful place at leisure until being transferred back to Kunming at 15:30pm. service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff.
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.