1 Day Kaiping Watchtowers and Liyuan Garden Tour from Guangzhou
Kaiping is known for its watchtower dwellings built by overseas Chinese in a mixure of western and eastern style. Apart from the watchtower, Liyuan Garden is the best preserved...
Code of Tour: CDT0000001209
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Guangzhou-Kaiping-Guangzhou
Departure City: Guangzhou
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Culture History
Located in the southwest region of the Pearl River Delta, Kaiping is known for its watchtower dwellings built by overseas Chinese in a mixure of western and eastern style. Apart from the watchtower, Liyuan Garden is the best preserved and one of the successful combination of Chinese and western gardens in China.
- Visit the remarkable sight in Kaiping – Kaiping Watchtowers.
- Appreciate the garden with combination of Chinese landscaping and western architectural style – Liyuan Garden.
Morning, be picked up by tour guide and transferred to visit Kaiping Watchtowers. Built from the early Qing Dynasty to the early 20th century, there were more than three thousand of these structures with 1,800 diaolou still standing. Many watchtowers here incorporated architectural features from China and the West.
Then we will continue the tour to Liyuan Garden. Named after its master, Xie Weili, the garden is the collection of traditional gardening and western architecture, as well as jiangnan water features at an organic whole, which is a successful combination of Chinese and western gardens in China.
After the tour, transfered back to your hotel and service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.