2 Days Turpan Tour
During the tour, you will visit the ruins of ancient city Gaochang, Bezeklik Thousand Buddha Caves, Astana Graves, local Bazaar, Emin Pagoda and the ancient karez water system. ...
Code of Tour: CDT0000000799
Length of Travel: 2 Day
Destinations of Tour: Turpan
Departure City: Turpan
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Culture History Landscape
Turpan was an important town on the ancient silk road. It is famous for its hot summer weather, all kind of melon and fruit, and several historical sites. During the tour, you will visit the ruins of ancient city Gaochang, Bezeklik Thousand Buddha Caves, Astana Graves, local Bazaar, Emin Pagoda and the ancient karez water system.
- Explore the ancient sites of thousand year ago.
- Experience the “heat” of “fire land” – Turpan.
- Day 1: Turpan Arrival
- Day 2: Turpan Departure
Day 1 Turpan Arrival
Sightseeing and Activities: Gaochang Ancient Ruins, Bezeklik Thousand Buddha Caves, Astana Graves
Upon your Turpan Arrival, local tour guide will transfer you to hotel and have a short rest. Then head to Gaochang Ancient Ruins, 46 kilometers southeast of Turpan. Built on the northern edge of the Taklamakan Desert and to the south of the Flaming Mountains, its old palace and city ruins can be seen today as they’ve been well-preserved.
Then continue the trip to Bezeklik Thousand Buddha Caves, a complex of Buddhist cave grottos. Move on to Astana Graves, an underground cemetery of ancient Gaochang residents, which is considered to be one of the humblest burial sites in China.
On the way back to Turpan, pass the Flaming Mountain and enjoy the flame-like landscape.
Day 2 Turpan
Sightseeing and Activities: Bazaar, Emin Pagoda, Karez Well system
Today, our tour start with local Bazaar, a local market with hundreds of stalls selling everything you can think of. Then move on to Emin Pagoda, the largersrt pagoda in Xinjiang, which is an elegant-shaped Muslim minaret in honor of a great Turpan general.
Later visit Karez Well System. Located in the Turpan Depression, it is a vertical tunnel system adapted by the Turpan people.
After all the tour, escorted to the railway station to your next destination.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic train tickets of soft sleeper.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.