1 Day Qinghai Lake Tour from Xining
This private Qinghai Lake tour will allow you to get the most of its incredible views of the lake, beaches, grasslands, and mountains....
Code of Tour: CDT0000008729
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Xining-Qinghai Lake-Xining
Departure City: Qinghai Lake
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Photo Nature Landscape
Qinghai Lake, which gives its name to the province, is the largest lake in China and is fed by 23 rivers. At the lake’s northwest corner you can find Bird Island peninsula, a heaven for millions of migrating birds from across Asia; at its heart you can find Haixin Shan Island, a sacred site with several Buddhist temples; and on the lake’s south edge you can find the Er Langjian Scenic Area. This beautiful area offers visitors incredible views of the lake, beaches, grasslands, and mountains, all while breathing the Qinghai Highlands’ famously clean and fresh air.
- Have the flexibility of deciding how long to stay in each place.
- Have the chance to modify the itinerary by consulting with your guide.
Picked up in an air-conditioned vehicle right from your Xining hotel’s lobby and accompanied by an English-speaking tour guide who will shed some light on the lake’s rich natural and cultural diversity.
Then head for the south shores of the lake, pass by Sun and Moon Mountain, site of Princess Wencheng’s legend. Aside from seeing the only east to west flowing river in China, also transversing a countryside where sheep and yak graze freely. Stop for the great panoramic view obtained from another lakeside mountaintop, followed by lunch and sightseeing at the Er Langjian Scenic Area. Enjoy an optional boat ride on the lake at your own expense.
After the visit, drive back to Xining. Stop to visit local Tibetan families on the way.
Times shown in the schedule are for your reference only.
- Step 1: Pick up from your hotel.
- Step 2: Drive to Qinghai Lake via Sun and Moon Mountain. (2hrs 30mins)
- Step 3: Stop at a mountain south of the lake for a panoramic view. (30mins)
- Step 4: Lunch time. (1hr)
- Step 5: Cycling in Qinghai Lake. (1hr)
- Step 6: Take an optional boat ride at the lake. (Not included in cost.) (30mins)
- Step 7: Drive back to Xining and visit local Tibetan families along the way. (2hrs)
- Step 8: Drop-off at your hotel.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Lunch as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.