2 Days Kaili Miao Minority Villages Tour from Guiyang
Guizhou is one of China’s most ethnically diverse provinces. This 2 Days Guiyang Kaili Tour will take you to explore Miao Minority Villages, including Matang Village, Qingman Miao Village,...
Code of Tour: CDT0000048240
Length of Travel: 2 Day
Destinations of Tour: Guiyang-Kaili-Guiyang
Departure City: Kaili
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour:
Guizhou is one of China’s most ethnically diverse provinces. This 2 Days Guiyang Kaili Tour will take you to explore Miao Minority Villages, including Matang Village, Qingman Miao Village, Shiqiao Miao Village, Landge Village, Datang Miao Village etc.
- Witness the simple, yet enticing natural scenery of the villages.
- Experience the unique culture of different groups of the Miao minority in and around Kaili.
- Day 1: Guiyang – Kaili
- Day 2: Kaili – Guiyang
Day 1 Guiyang – Kaili
Sightseeing and Activities: Matang Village, Qingman Miao Village, Shiqiao Miao Village
At 8:30 am, pick up from your hotel transfer about 2.5 hrs to Kaili. Arrival in Kaili, start your visit to the Miao Villages (Qingman – Shiqiao – Gejia (Matang)
Drive to Matang, pay a visit to Matang Village where you can see Gejia group who are not listed into 55 minority groups in China just because of their small population. You will appreciate the traditional Gejia batik in the village, and learn the art of batik. Later, proceed to visit Qingman Miao Village, where the women wear a kind of traditional short-skirt. In a local household, you may see the traditional way of dying cotton material.
The last stop of today is Shiqiao Miao Village. In Shiqiao, you’ll see the old people still keep their old tradition of making special paper with trees’ bark by hand, which could be dated back to 700 years in Guizhou.
Day 2 Kaili – Guiyang
Sightseeing and Activities: Landge Village, Datang Miao Village
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
After breakfast, transfer to visit Landge Village. Langde village is a Miao ethnic village, where you can find classic Miao People architecture- wooden Diaojiao building. Miao people normally live close to a river and surrounded by mountains. Due to the weather in the mountain areas, Miao people use wood to build their house, which is good at ventilated. There are usually three floors in the Miao houses. The first floor is used to feed animals or stock sundries. The second floor is the living place.
After that, go on your drive to Datang Miao Village located at the foot of towering Mt. Leigong, where you will be caught by local female’s unique short skirts and hairstyle of Tang dynasty. You can also explore the cobbled streets lined with closely packed barns rising above 3.5-4 meters above the water.
After the tour, transfer back to Guiyang in the late afternoon, check into your hotel for rest.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.