4 Days Inner Mongolia Hulunbuir Grassland Tour
March on the trails of Genghis Khan and spend 4 days hiking and horse riding in the vast grasslands of Inner Mongolia. You can walk alongside the Ergun river...
Code of Tour: CDT0000034883
Length of Travel: 4 Day
Destinations of Tour: Hulunbuir
Departure City: Hulunbuir
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Local experiences Nature scenery
March on the trails of Genghis Khan and spend 4 days hiking and horse riding in the vast grasslands of Inner Mongolia. You can walk alongside the Ergun river and watch the sunset over the hills from your Mongolian tent.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery of Hulunbuir Grassland.
- Visit the birthplace of Genghis Khan.
Day 1 Hulunbuir Arrival
Sightseeing and Activities: Hulunbuir Arrival
You will be picked up at 9:00am in the airport. It will take us about 1.5 hours’ drive to the most beautiful part of the Grassland Called Mori Gele Grassland. At the grassland, we will stretch our legs and go for a relaxed walk for about 1,5 hour. We’ll enjoy a good local lunch on the grasslands and hike for a good 15km through the Inner Mongolia Grasslands.
By dinner time, we will reach the beautiful winding Mori Gele river. We’ll enjoy a typical Mongolian dinner and sip the famous milk tea while watching the sunset. At night, we sleep in the Mongolia Tents, it will be a surprisingly interesting experience.
Day 2 Xiguzhuer Grassland
Sightseeing and Activities: Xiguzhuer Grassland
Meals: breakfast, lunch
Getting up early is a must in the next morning, because the sunrise is particularly beautiful here. We drive 170 km to the famous XiGuzhuer Grassland. It’s a beautiful country side drive. We will drive pass the Ergun river that is next to the China and Russian border. By lunch time, we will arrive at our good local friends’ place and have a big lunch in the Mongolian tents.
After lunch, we hike over the hills and walk through grass to the vast Inner Mongolian plains, the Xiguzhuer Grasslands. Just like the night before, we will have dinner and stay overnight in the yurts.
Day 3 Horse riding, hiking and fishing around Daqing Mountain
Sightseeing and Activities: Horse riding, hiking and fishing around Daqing Mountain
Meals: breakfast, lunch
In the morning, you will have the chance to ride some beautiful Mongolian horses before we continue our hike towards DaqingShan, a holy mountain and tomb of Genghis Kahn’s first wife. Then we will do some fishing in the nearby river, and we can have some BBQ fish for dinner if we are lucky enough.
Day 4 Visit Doll Square and fly back to Beijing
Sightseeing and Activities: Doll Square
We will enjoy an early breakfast and then head to the border city which is called Manzhouli at 7am. The drive to Manzhouli is about 1,5 hours, but we will take a 45-minute stop to visit the Doll Square, an interesting tourist spot to spend some time. At 9:30, we will arrive at the Manzhouli airport and check in for our 10:50am flight to Beijing.
- All land transfer and transportation as listed in the itinerary;
- Excellent English speaking tour guide and skilled driver;
- Entrance tickets mentioned in the itinerary;
- Two bottles of water each day each person;
- Accommodation with breakfast;
- Meals as mentioned.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Meals not mentioned;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.
- Visitors are advised to always carry changes of clothing due to the large variations in temperature between day and night.
- Protecting oneself from strong UV radiation at high altitude.
- Protecting oneself from altitude sickness. Lessen the effects of altitude sickness, avoid strenuous exercise and have plenty of rest.
- Respect local customs , habits, and religious beliefs.
- When take photos, please pay attention to your safety, do not shoot in dangerous areas.