1 Day Luoyang City Tour
The one Day Luoyang City Tour covers the famous attractions of Longmen Grottoes，Luoyang Museum，White Horse Temple. ...
Code of Tour: CDT0000001098
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Luoyang
Departure City: Luoyang
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Culture Family History
Luoyang is one of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China. With many cultural and historical heritage sites, Longmen Grottoes was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site; White Horse Temple is the first Buddhist temple in China and Luoyang Museum offers exhibits of the rich cultural heritage of Luoyang. Follow this tour and explore the history and culture of ancient capital Luoyang.
- Appreciate the fine example of Chinese Buddhist art at Longmen Grottoes.
- Visit the first Buddhist temple in China – White Horse Temple.
- Learn the history and culture of ancient capital Luoyang.
Sightseeing and Activities: Longmen Grottoes, Luoyang Museum, White Horse Temple
In the morning, picked up by tour guide and transferred to visit the Longmen Grottoes. Located on bothsides of the Yi River to the south of the ancient capital of Luoyang, it comprises more than 2,300 caves and niches carved into the steep limestone cliffs over 1km long stretch.
After the visit, move on to visit Luoyang Museum, which offers exhibits of the rich cultural heritage of Luoyang. There are over 2000 cultural relics of different dynasties in Chinese history, which reflects the historic development of the city.
Then head to the White Horse Temple, the first Buddhist temple in China and renowned as the cradle of Chinese Buddhism. It was established in 68 AD under the patronage of Emperor Ming in the capital Luoyang of Eastern Han dynasty.
After all the tour, transferred back to your hotel in Luoyang.
If you prefer, you can also choose to learn the traditional arts Paper cutting or Luoyang Peony drawing as an alternative of one attraction arranged in this tour.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.