2 Days Shanghai City Tour
The 2-day guided tour in Shanghai will start in the beautifully landscaped Yuyuan Garden and the winding alleyways of the former French Concession, dotted with trendy shops and traditional shikumen housing. You’ll also get to people watch while walking down Nanjing Road, Shanghai’s busiest shopping street, followed by an unforgettable cruise along the Huangpu River, from which you’ll enjoy views of the historic buildings of the Bund on one side and Shanghai’s shimmering skyscrapers on the other. The next day will take you to Zhujiajiao Water Town on the outskirts of the city. Here, you’ll take in the peaceful atmosphere of this ancient town and its charming historic canals. To finish off your tour, we’ll transport you into the heart of Shanghai’s financial district, known as Pudong New Area, where you’ll have the opportunity to ascend into the clouds and take in stunning views of the whole city from the top of Shanghai Tower.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery of Chinese traditaional and typical garden;
- Walk through the famous street in Shanghai;
- See the views of the historic buildings of the Bund on one side and Shanghai’s shimmering skyscrapers;
- Take in the peaceful atmosphere of this ancient town and its charming historic canals;
- Learn how the new area in Shanghai is and how it developed.
Day 1 Shanghai
Sightseeing and Activities: Yuyuan Garden, Tianzifang / Former French Concession, Pudong New Area, Shanghai Tower, The Bund, Huangpu River Cruise
Pick you up at your hotel in Shanghai/train station/airport. Today, you will visit:
Yuyuan Garden – a famous classical Chinese garden in the heart of the city
Tianzifang / Former French Concession – explore Shanghai’s traditional alleyways dotted with shikumen-style houses and trendy shops
Lunch – Xiaolongbao and/or other Shanghai dishes
Pudong New Area – Shanghai’s financial district, an icon of modern China
Shanghai Tower – ride the super-fast elevator to the 546-meter-high observation deck and take in panoramic views of Shanghai
The Bund – walk along the historic riverfront and enjoy impressive views of the forest of skyscrapers across the Huangpu River
Huangpu River Cruise – take in wonderful views of the towering skyline of new Shanghai and the historic buildings of the Bund.
Day 2 Shanghai-Zhujiajiao-Shanghai
Sightseeing and Activities:
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Drive to Zhujiajiao in the morning. Today you will visit Zhujiajiao Ancient Water Town – escape from the hustle and bustle of downtown and explore this peaceful, ancient water town on the outskirts of Shanghai.
After Lunch – Shanghai cuisine
In the afternoon, drive back to Shanghai. Visit Shanghai Museum – a modern museum in the heart of Shanghai that is full of cultural and historical relics (closed on Mondays)
- All land transfer and transportation as listed in the itinerary;
- Excellent English speaking tour guide and skilled driver;
- Entrance tickets mentioned in the itinerary;
- Two bottles of water each day each person;
- One night accommodation with breakfast;
- Meals as leasted in the tour.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.
- Visitors are advised to always carry changes of clothing due to the large variations in temperature between day and night.
- Protecting oneself from strong UV radiation at high altitude.
- Protecting oneself from altitude sickness. Lessen the effects of altitude sickness, avoid strenuous exercise and have plenty of rest.
- Respect local customs , habits, and religious beliefs.
- When take photos, please pay attention to your safety, do not shoot in dangerous areas.