6 Days Beijing Shanghai Tour
During this 6 Days Beijing Shanghai Tour, we will spend 3 days in Beijing, then take speed train to Shanghai. In Beijing, we will have an exciting hiking experience on Mutianyu Great Wall. We are going to visit the biggest public square in the world, enjoy authentic Chinese foods, experience the ancient royal’s life, enjoy Chinese Kung Fu Show, and explore local culture and life at old Beijing hutong and courtyard. In Shanghai, we will begin with the Yuyuan Garden. And stroll on the busiest Nanjing Pedestrian Road, visit the silk factory for traditional silk art, and enjoy the beautiful lake views of the Shanghai from the cruise ship.
- Exciting hiking tour on Mutianyu Great Wall
- Visit the biggest public square in the world
- Enjoy Chinese Kung Fu Show
- Experience the ancient royal’s life
- Enjoy authentic Chinese foods
- Enjoy the beautiful lake views of the Shanghai from the cruise ship
- Day 1: Arrival Beijing
- Day 2: Beijing City Tour
- Day 3: Beijing City Tour
- Day 4: Beijing – Shanghai
- Day 5: Shanghai City Tour
- Day 6: Departure Shanghai
Day 1 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities:
Arrival in Beijing, you will met with you tour guide and transferred to your hotel in Beijing.
Day 2 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Tiananmen Square; Forbidden City; Jingshan Park; Drum Tower; Kung Fu Show;
After breakfast, we will first visit Tiananmen Square (40 minutes sightseeing), which is the biggest public square in the world that can hold more than million people.
Then We will cross over the Golden River Bridge to visit the Forbidden City (2 hours sightseeing) and experience the ancient royal’s life here.
Exit Forbidden City, and move on to Jingshan Park (40minutes sightseeing) to have a bird’s view of the entire Forbidden City. Jingshan Park is filled with community activities during sundays, such as tai chi, square dance, and other traditional activities.
Lunch at a nice Cantonese restaurant (la carte lunch).
After lunch, we will visit Shichahai Area (1.5hours sightseeing) behind Beihai Park for Hutong tour. And take a rickshaw going around Shichahai area, visiting a local family in a courtyard. Then climb on the Drum Tower and have a bird’s view of the old Beijing.
Tonight we will appreciate a Kung Fu Show at Red Theatre, that tells a story about Chin Yu entering the monastery and making his way through life to finally becoming the Abbott.
We will transfer back to hotel after the show.
Day 3 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Mutianyu Great Wall; Dingling Tomb;
7:00-7:30am, You will be met by your guide and driver at your hotel lobby before proceed to the Great Wall at Mutianyu. 9:30 am, you will arrive the Mutianyu Great Wall, then you can spend about 3 hours wandering around Mutianyu Great Wall. It is very exciting to take the cable car up and down (at your own cost).
After lunch continue to visit Dingling Tomb (Tomb of the Wanli Emperor, 1.5 hours for sightseeing), one of the 13 Ming Emperors Tombs. And it is the only Ming Dynasty Tombs excavated.
Back to your hotel.
Day 4 Beijing – Shanghai:
Sightseeing and Activities: Yuyuan Garden; Lujiazui;
In the morning, your guide will wait you at the lobby of the hotel in Beijing. And transfer you to the railway station. You will take the morning speed train to Shanghai.
Upon arrival in Shanghai, the local tour guide will wait you in the station. And take you to have a lunch. After lunch, we will visit Yuyuan Garden, which is a famous traditional Chinese gardens in Shanghai.
Then we will visit Lujiazui, which is a new development zone in Pudong and teeming with the futuristic, avant-garde buildings, such as the Oriental Pearl Tower, Jin Mao Building, Bank of China Tower. You can imagine the place as the Time Square in China.
Back to the hotel in Shanghai.
Day 5 Shanghai City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Shanghai Museum; Nanjing Pedestrian Road; Huang Pu River;
After breakfast, we will first visit the Shanghai Museum, the selection of over 112,000 Chinese cultural relics from the Old Stone Age to modern times.
Then we will head to Nanjing Pedestrian Road by walk. And continue to move on to the Bund, which is one of the waterfront landmark and symbols of Shanghai. After this, we will visit a Silk Factory, where is full of unique silk products and China’s traditional silk art.
Lunch at a nice local restaurant (a la carte lunch).
After lunch, we will have a cruise trip on the Huang Pu River (1 hour), and enjoy the beautiful lake views of the Shanghai from the cruise ship.
Back to your hotel.
Day 6 Departure Shanghai:
Sightseeing and Activities:
We are able to provide transfer service from the hotel to the airport for departure. (Please let us know when you booking the tour packages, if you want us to provide airport transfer service for departure.)
If you don’t want us to provide transfer service. You can arrange it on your own, or explore the city by yourself today.
End of Service
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers; sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge; government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic high speed train tickets;
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.
The quotation is different for China Public Holidays. For instance, Chinese Spring Festival,Tomb-sweeping Festival, Labor Day, Dragon-boat Festival, Mid-autumn Festival, China National Day, etc.
1.Please take Hiking boots, sticks or trekking sticks, backpack, sun-glasses, sunscreen, snacks, camera for this hiking tour.
2. The traveler whose body is not fit for the hiking such as arthritis, heart disease, hypertension, asthma, and the traveler who are drunk are not recommended to take this tour.
3. Don’t take baby less than 3 years old for this tour, and the traveler who are more than 80 years old are not recommended to take this tour.
4. Do not wear short pants.
5. Please go to toilet at the entrance of the wall before the hiking, there is no toilet on the Wall. Please carry toilet paper by yourself always.
6. This tour is not available under the following weather condition: Rain, Snow, Strong Wind, etc.