3 Days Xining Tour with Taer Monastery and Qinghai Lake
During the 3 days Qinghai tou, you will have the chance to visit one of the "four great mosques in China" - Dongguan Great Mosque, to appreciate the incredible...
Code of Tour: CDT0000000947
Length of Travel: 3 Day
Destinations of Tour: Xining-Qinghai Lake-Xining
Departure City: Xining
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Sunrise Sunset Landscape
Qinghai Lake is reputed as “the plateau pearl” with incredible views of the lake, beaches, grasslands, and mountains. During the 3 days Qinghai tou, you will have the chance to visit one of the “four great mosques in China” – Dongguan Great Mosque, to appreciate the incredible views of Qinghai Lake, and to visit the famous Tibetan Buddhist monastery – Ta’er Monastery.
- Visit one of the “four great mosques in China” – Dongguan Great Mosque.
- Visit famous Tibetan Buddhist monastery – Ta’er.
- Gazed on the breathtaking views of Qinghai Lake.
- Day 1: Xining Arrival
- Day 2: Xining – Qinghai Lake – Xining
- Day 3: Xining Departure
Day 1 Xining Arrival
Sightseeing and Activities: Dongguan Great Mosque
Take the morning flight or train to Xining and tour guide will pick you up from airport or train station. Then we will head to visit Dongguan Great Mosque – one of the “four great mosques in China”.
Day 2 Xining – Qinghai Lake – Xining
Sightseeing and Activities: Bird Island, Riyue Mountains
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
In the morning, drive about 2.5 hours to Qinghai Lake, the largest inland and salt-water lake in China and is fed by 23 rivers.
We will cruise on the lake and visit the Bird Island in the lake. Then drive back to Xining.
On the way, we will stop at the Riyue Mountains for a visit, which also known as “Sun and Moon Mountain”, which is part of the magnificent Qilian Mountain Range. On either side of the pass, the Ri (Sun) and Yue (Moon) Pavilions were built to commemorate Princess Wencheng’s sacrifice.
Day 3 Xining Departure
Sightseeing and Activities: Ta’er Monastery, Qinghai Museum
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
After breakfast, drive about 25km to visit Ta’er Monastery, the birthplace of the Tibetan Buddhism master – Tsongkhapa. Appreciate the famous “three bests” – butter sculptures, the barbolas, and the murals.
After lunch, visit Qinghai Museum which is featured with three exhibition center: Qinghai Protoculture, Qinghai Ethnic Collections and Tibetan Buddhism Arts.
After all the tour, drive back to your hotel in Xining and service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic train tickets of soft sleeper.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.