1 Day Pingyao Ancient City Tour
On this day, you will visit Pingyao Ancient City (平遥古城), which is a well-preserved ancient city with a grand city wall, traditional residences, former security guard companies, time-honored shops, and even the previous government office. And it was inscribed as a world cultural heritage in 1997.
- Visit the top attractions in Pingyao.
- Get to learn the cultures and history of Pingyao Ancient City.
- Learn the ancient buildings and architectures of the ancient city.
Day 1 Pingyao
Sightseeing and Activities: City Wall of Pingyao Ancient City, Rishengchang Bank, the Museum of Chinese Biaoju.
Meet your guide and driver at first, then transfer to Pingyao Ancient City. The Pingyao Ancient City is one of China’s four best preserved old cities together with Lijiang Ancient Town, Huizhou Ancient City and Langzhong Ancient City. It is a well-preserved ancient city with a grand city wall, traditional residences, former security guard companies, time-honored shops, and even the previous government office. And it was inscribed as a world cultural heritage in 1997.
We will first visit the City Wall of Pingyao Ancient City (平遥古城墙), which was built in the Western Zhou Dynasty. Then go to the County Government of Pingyao (平遥县衙), you can see the ancient prisons and torture devices there. After that, visit the Rishengchang Bank (日升昌票号). Rishengchang Bank was founded in the Qing Dynasty, is the earliest bank in China. You can understand the origin, management system and cultures of Shanxi merchants (晋商) here. And transfer to the Museum of Chinese Biaoju (中国镖局博物馆). Biaoju is equivalent to a security company, which is a unique industry used to escort customers in ancient China to earn money. Then you could explore the Pingyao Ancient City freely and deeply.
Afterwards, we’ll drive you to your next destination in Pingyao County. Service ends.
- All land transfer and transportation as listed in the itinerary;
- -Excellent English speaking tour guide and skilled driver;
- -Entrance tickets mentioned in the itinerary;
- -Two bottles of water each day each person;
- -Travel agency liability insurance;
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Breakfast and dinner;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.
- Visitors are advised to always carry changes of clothing due to the large variations in temperature between day and night.
- Protecting oneself from strong UV radiation at high altitude.
- Protecting oneself from altitude sickness. Lessen the effects of altitude sickness, avoid strenuous exercise and have plenty of rest.
- Respect local customs , habits, and religious beliefs.
- When take photos, please pay attention to your safety, do not shoot in dangerous areas.