1 Day Chongqing City Tour with Ciqikou Old Town and Hongya Cave
Chongqing has a significant history and culture and serves as the economic centre of the upstream Yangtze basin. It boasts more than 300 natural and cultural attractions with mountain, water, spring, gorge and cave, etc. Just follow our steps and explore the beauty of this city.
- Visit the most famous Ciqikou Ancient Town.
- Visit Jiefangbei Central Business District and Hongya Cave nearby.
Upon your arrival, met by tour guide at Chaotianmen Pier, Train Station or Jiangbei Airport. Then drive for about half an hour to reach Ciqikou ancient town which would travel us back in time to ancient Chongqing. The name of the town can be traced back to porcelain production during the Ming and Qing Dynasties and was known as Little Chongqing.
Then go to Chongqing Stilwell Museum which is located at Jialing Xin Road, Yuzhong Distrct and is built in 1991. It was the residence of General Joseph Warren Stilwell in Chongqing from 1942 to 1944.
If you are not interested in Stilwell Museum, we could visit the Eling Park or Chongqing Zoo instead of. Eling Park is the first private garden in Chongqing and at the top of Yuzhong Peninsula. Chongqing Zoo is located at Jiulongpo District and is one of huge urban zoos in China. There are cute pandas, lovely raccoon and many other animals.
And then visit Jiefangbei Central Business District. Jiefangbei(The Liberation Monument), is 27.5 meters high. It was the spiritual symbol of the Chinese people’s fighting against invaders during Japanese War. Next to Jiefangbei, Hongya Cave is located at the riverside of Jianglin River which is called Sprited Away in China.
After the tour, escorted to the airport, train station or Chaotianmen Pier for your next destination. Service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.