2 Day Chengdu to Wolong Panda Volunteer Tour
Wolong National Nature Reserve is the earliest, largest and most understood panda reserve in the world. This 2 days panda volunteer tour will take you to personally experience the...
Code of Tour: YCT-CDCT-06
Length of Travel: 2 Day
Destinations of Tour: Chengdu - Wenchuan-Wolong (Gengda) - Chengdu
Departure City: Wenchuan County
Price of Tour: $ 260
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Panda Family
Wolong National Nature Reserve is the earliest, largest and most understood panda reserve in the world. In 2008, China was hit by the devastating wenchuan earthquake. After years of highway construction, visitors can now visit wolong panda base. This 2 days panda volunteer tour will take you to personally experience the meaningful work of staff companying and take care of pandas. The engaging interaction with pandas during the brief one-day visit will make you a qualified panda caretaker.
- A full day panda volunteer program;
- Observe the daily life of the Giant Pandas and take care of them;
- Watch panda documentary to know more scientific facts about giant pandas。
- Day 1: Chengdu – Wolong Panda Base
- Day 2: Wolong Panda Base – Chengdu
Day 1: Chengdu – Wolong Panda Base
Sightseeing and Activities: Wolong panda compound
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
The tour bus will pick up clients at 8:00 for free within the 2rd ring road in Chengdu. And get you transferred from Chengdu to Wolong Panda Research Center. Then in the afternoon, we are about to visit the panda compound within the nature reserve.
Day 2: Chengdu – Wolong Panda Base
Sightseeing and Activities: Clean the panda rooms, visit the giant panda gardens, closely observe adorable pandas, feed pandas, make steamed corn bread
Accommodation: No Hotels
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
In the morning, we will head to Panda Research Center to get gears and register for panda care. Then, led by professional panda keeper, you will enter the panda rooms and clean the leftovers of bamboo, and his roomand remove panda dung. In the meantime, you will learn much knowledge of panda care and panda behavior and his natural habitat.
Then, the staff will take you to visit the giant panda gardens and closely observe adorable pandas. From 11:00-12:00, you will be able to feed pandas with fresh bamboo.
After lunch, we will learn how to make steamed corn bread (窝窝头), and later feed pandas with them. Next, volunteers will watch documentaries teaching pandas how to return to the wild.
Later, we will head back from Wolong to Chengdu. Tour ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.