Chinese Name: English IPA: Location: Population (city): Language: Zip code: Tel code: Time zone:
Xi’an is the capital of Shaanxi province, one of China’s most historically fascinating destinations located in the southern part of the Guanzhong Plain. With the Qinling Mountains to the south and the Weihe River to the north, it enjoys favorable geographical location surrounded by water and hills. Xi’an, once the starting point of the ancient Silk Road and capital intermittently for many dynasties in Chinese history is now the core area of the “Belt and Road Initiative”, an important central city in western China, and an important scientific research, education and industrial base of China. It is also one of the first-stop cities in China for foreign tourists, Xi’an overview provides you with a sketch of the city including attractions, food and customs, etc.
- Historic city : Xi ‘an, well- known as “Chang ‘an” in ancient times, is located in central and western China. This city, which has experienced the rise and fall of 13 dynasties, is like a huge museum of historical culture. Tourists have much to explore in terms of its history and culture by visiting Terra-Cotta Warriors, Ancient City Wall, Bell Tower , Drum Tower, Giant Wild Goose Pagoda, Small Wild Goose Pagoda, Forest of Stone Steles Museum, Shaanxi History, MuseumBanpo Museum in Xian and Huaqing Palace and Huaqing Hot Spring, etc . The bricks of the city wall and the collections in the museums left by the ancient people seem like telling you the old stories and revealing the details of history.
- Food Collection: Praised as “the capital of table delicacies”, Xi ‘an has been full of famous chefs serving dignitaries since ancient times, and they passed down the cooking skills generation by generation, then formed a unique northwest flavor. Xian has been rich in the delicious Shaanxi snack, delicate Guangdong Cuisine, various kinds of fashionable foreign delicacies, and popular Sichuan Cuisine such as the hot pot. The most representative delicacies here are all kinds of snacks, such as Rou Jia Mo, Liangpi, Paomo, Minced Noodles and popular Biang Biang Noodles, etc. Among all the places to enjoy local delicacies, the most famous and popular one is the Muslim Quarter.
- Mount Huashan: Mt. Huashan , 120 kilometers east of Xi ‘an, is known as “the most dangerous mountain in the world”. Its “danger” can be traced in the poems and pictures of ancient and modern literati and poets. Strange stones and nearly vertical trail up to the mountain top. Once the decision is made to Mount Huashan, there is no turning back, so there was a saying that “since ancient times, there is one way only in Mount Huashan.” Starting from Xi ‘an, you’d better plan two days for Huashan tour to appreciate the steepness of Huashan Mountain, and stay overnight in the hotels at the mountain top to enjoy the sunrise next morning.
- Folk customs: Long history has brought up the original humanities, and Xi ‘an folk art is also a splendid intangible cultural heritage. At the foot of the Ancient City Wall, there is the Qin Opera Society organized by the elders, you can hear the most original Qin Opera. In the crosstalk garden, locals tell you what they think of Xi ‘an. The theatre is performing Tang-style songs and dances, reliving the Tang prosperity that has ever spread in this land.
Other Destinations in Xian
- Xincheng District
- Beilin District
- Lianhu District
- Huyi District
- Baqiao District
- Weiyang District
- Chang’an District
- Yanta District
- Lintong District
- Gaoling District
- Yanliang District
- Zhouzhi County
- Lantian County
- More City Tours Including Xian >>
- More China Provinces Tours Including Xian >>
- More Multi-City Tours Including Xian >>
- All Tours Including Xian >>
Climate & When to Go
The climate in Xi'an lies between a cold and hot semi-arid climate. Xi'an climate and weather feature in four distintive seasons, with a warm but variable spring, a torrid summer, a cool autumn, and a dry and chilly winter. Xi'an Climate and Weather provide you with information including Climate Graph, Xi'an Climate Data, What to Wear in every season, Weather and Climate of each month, Anual Data of Xi'an Temperature, for your reference to find out the best time to visit Xi'an and enjoy seasonal highlights in [...]
Festivals and Activities
Xi'an Accommodation lists the recommended luxury, comfortable, economic and cheap hotels in Xi'an, so that you can find exclusive offers for the best Xi'an accommodation. Also, hotels near famous Xi'an attractions, Xi'an city center and Xi'an railway station are selected out here for your choice, which can help you make your Xi'an travel easier and more comfortable. Where to Stay in Xi'an The Best Luxury 5-Star Hotels in Xi'an Sofitel Xian on Renmin Square (西安索菲特人民大厦) Add: No. 319, Dongxin Street, Xincheng District(新城区东新街319号） Tel: 029-87928888 W Hotel Xian (西安W酒店) Add: No. [...]