Tianjin is located in the North China, the northeastern part of the North China Plain, the lower reaches of the Haihe River Basin, and the Bohai Sea to the east. It is the confluence of the five major tributaries...
Chinese Name: 天津
English IPA: Tian Jin
Location: North China
Population (city): 15,596,000(2018)
Language: Tianjin Dialect
Zip code: 300000
Tel code: 022
Time zone: UTC+8
Tianjin is located in the North China, the northeastern part of the North China Plain, the lower reaches of the Haihe River Basin, and the Bohai Sea to the east. It is the confluence of the five major tributaries of the Haihe River, namely, the South Canal, Ziya River, Daqing River, Yongding River and North Canal. Tianjin is the main node of the Sino-Mongolian-Russian economic corridor, the strategy support of the Maritime Silk Road, the intersection of the “Belt and Road”, the nearest eastern starting point of the Eurasian Continental Bridge, and the largest port city in northern China, the first coastal open city. Tianjin is an international comprehensive transportation hub according to the central document.
Highlights of Tianjin
- Famous Historic and Cultural City: Tianjin is a paradise for history lovers. With its long history, it is no wonder that Tianjin has a large number of historical relics and places. With a history of more than 1,400 years, Tianjin created a uniquely compatible urban style, Chinese and Western, ancient and modern. Tianjin is a cultural city.
- Paradise for Architects: As one of the most developed cities in China, Tianjin, it is one of the fastest growing cities in the world in terms of skyscraper construction. Tianjin is honored as a ‘Building Museum’ as it was occupied by nine foreign imperial powers before, leaving behind many buildings with extraordinary and exotic architectural styles, a real feast for the eye!
- Popular Gateway City: What makes Tianjin more tourists friendly is that Tianjin applies to 144 Hours Transit Visa Free, together with Beijing and Hebei Province, which means you can enjoy a visa-free tour in Beijing and Tianjin up to 6 days! Tianjin is also an important starting/ending destinations of some international ocean cruises to Japan, Korea, etc.
- Heaven for Visitors: Tianjin, as the political and economic center of Bohai Sea region, is the largest coastal city in North China during the time of Opening-up Policy. With the fascinating scenery and profuse resources, it is a time-honored cultural city with potential tourism value. The spectacular Huangyaguan Great Wall, beautiful Jingyuan Garden, grnad Tianjin Eye, Five Great Avenues, Tianjin Ancient Culture Street, Porcelain House, Italian Style Street, etc. attractions are worthy of your time and money.
Other Destinations in Tianjin
- Xiqing District
- Jinnan District
- Wuqing District
- Beichen District
- Dongli District
- Hongqiao District
- Baodi District
- Hebei District
- Nankai District
- Hexi District
- Hedong District
- Heping District
- Binhai New Area
- Jizhou District
- Jinghai District
- Ninghe District
Tianjin Attractions include a list of top things to do and must-see attractions in Tianjin. All attractions picked by our seasoned travel advisors and rated by our customers. Following is the list of Top Attractions in Tianjin by TripAdvisor. Tianjin is one of the best travel destinations in China. You will know the past, present and future of Tianjin through the historical relics, natural sceneries, temples, churches, assembly halls and commemorative sites of Chinese revolution. When you come to Tianjin, [...]
Tianjin travel packages lists all of Tianjin tours, Tianjin day tours, China tours including Tianjin. Plan Tianjin tours including 1-30 days trip and tours, Tianjin food culture tours, join group tours and sightseeing tours. Tianjin Tours are always connected with other top destinations in China, like Beijing, Shanghai, Xian. As a popular gateway city in China, there are countless places of interest in Tianjin. Tianjin is a paradise for history lovers. With its long history, it is no wonder [...]
- More City Tours Including Tianjin >>
- More China Provinces Tours Including Tianjin >>
- More Multi-City Tours Including Tianjin >>
- All Tours Including Tianjin >>
Climate & When to Go
Tianjin Weather and Climate describes information with temperature, precipitation, geography, what clothes to wear in Tianjin, weather and climate by month, climate graph, 15 days Tianjin weather forecast. Find out the best time to visit Tianjin and see the season highlights in Tianjin. It also tells you what to wear in different seasons and clothes packing for your trip to Tianjin. Tianjin Climate & Weather Tianjin is located in the north temperate zone on the eastern coast of the Eurasian continent. It [...]
Tianjin Transportation Guide serves you detailed transport information and introduces fights to Tianjin, Tianjin high speed trains, Tianjin trains, Tianjin ships, Tianjin cycling, Tianjin buses, Tianjin bus stations and railway stations, Tianjin taxis and ways of getting in and around Tianjin. Tianjin Transportation, to some extent, is strongly linked to Tianjin Tours. As the most developed city in China, Tianjin has the best transport network compared with other cities in China. At present, the main transportation modes in Tianjin are airplanes, [...]
Festivals and Activities
Tianjin Festivals and Events introduce a brief introduction of festivals and activities and tell travelers Top Things to Do for Tianjin festivals Tours and important Tianjin festivals and activities including traditional festivals, ethnic festivals, unique events, performances in Tianjin. Tianjin offers a good selection of festivals and seasonal events around the year. All of the country's major annual festivals are enjoyed in Tianjin and also in the nearby city of Beijing, where you can appreciate festivities on a larger scale, with [...]
Tianjin Travel FAQs and Tips introduce the city and zip codes, post offices, useful numbers, hospitals, banks for foreign exchange, Government and famous universities. When plan your trip to Tianjin, view our answers to questions about Tianjin travel to get better understanding of Tianjin. Useful Numbers in Tianjin Ambulance 120 Fire 119 Police 110 Telephone Failure Complaining (free) 112 Check Telephone Number 114 Traffic Accidents 122 Weather Report 12121, 96121 Tianjin Travel Service Hotline 022-12301 Tianjin Tourist Complaints Telephone 022-28359093 Tianjin Municipal Administration of Entry and Exit 022-24458825 More about Tianjin Useful Number Best Time to Visit Tianjin It is strongly recommended to visit in [...]
Tianjin Travel Maps in English includes Maps List of Tianjin Tourist Attractions, Maps of Tianjin Hotels, Maps of Tianjin Tours, Tianjin Subway Maps, Maps of Transportation. It show the specific location maps of main roads, Transportation, railway, stations, Bus Stations, Airports, expressway, administrative division, famous tourist attractions, travel and tours, universities, banks and hospitals. [...]
Tianjin Accommodation and Hotels Booking introduces where to stay in Tianjin and the recommended Tianjin 5-star luxury hotels, comfortable 4-star, economic 3-star and cheap hostels recommended by TripAdvisor. Where to Stay in Tianjin The Best Luxury 5-Star Hotels in Tianjin Tianjin Zhongxin Tanglayaxiu Hotel(天津中心唐拉雅秀酒店) Add: No. 219 Nanjing Road, Heping District, Tianjin City(天津市和平区南京路219号) Tel: (022)23215888 Tianjin Yanyuan International Hotel(天津燕园国际大酒店) Add: No. 31 Jinshan Road, Hexi District, Tianjin City(天津市河西区紫金山路31号) Tel: (022)27313388 Tianjin Binhai Shengguang Huangguan Holiday Hotel(天津滨海圣光皇冠假日酒店) Add: No. 55 Zhongxin Avenue, Dongli [...]