Tianjin Travel Tips
Tianjin Travel FAQs and Tips introduce the city and zip codes, post offices, useful numbers, hospitals, banks for foreign exchange, Government and famous universities. When plan your trip to Tianjin, view our answers to questions about Tianjin travel to get better understanding of Tianjin.
Useful Numbers in Tianjin
|Telephone Failure Complaining (free)||112|
|Check Telephone Number||114|
|Weather Report||12121, 96121|
|Tianjin Travel Service Hotline||022-12301|
|Tianjin Tourist Complaints Telephone||022-28359093|
|Tianjin Municipal Administration of Entry and Exit||022-24458825|
More about Tianjin Useful Number
Best Time to Visit Tianjin
It is strongly recommended to visit in spring from March to May and autumn from September to October. The natural scenes are most beautiful in the two seasons, when the climate is also at its most stable and agreeable time.
More about Best Time to Visit Tianjin
What to Wear in Tianjin
- Spring (March-May): In the early spring, try to wear a wool sweater and a thick jacket; while in the late spring, long-sleeved T-shirt will be enough. Of course, it is necessary to take a light jacket.
- Summer (June-August): The hottest month is July, with an average temperature of around 30°C. T-shirts, short pants, skirts, and sunscreen are recommended. What's more, summer is rainy, please take the umbrella.
- Autumn (September - November): In autumn, the weather is cool and comfortable and the rain is rare. The average temperature is around 16°C. Long-sleeve shirts and light jacket are suitable in early autumn. But when it enters November, it is necessary to wear sweater and thick coat. Of course, autumn is the best season to travel Tianjin.
- Winter (December - February): In winter, it is cold and the average temperature is -4 °C. It is highly recommended to bring skid-proof boots, a down coat, thick pants, woolen scarfs and gloves if you travel Tianjin in winter.
- Note: The dressing tips are only for reference. If you have the specific date to Tianjin, you shall pay close attention to the Tianjin Climate Change, which can help you better know what to pack. Especially, 15-day Tianjin Weather Forecast will be helpful for you. Of course, you can contact us if you have any problems.
Banks in Tianjin
With the development of mobile payment(Wechat Payment and Alipay Payment), mobile payment is available in most places of Tianjin. However, the cash is still important. People also prepare some card in their wallets. There are a lot of banks in Tianjin for you to exchange money. Hence, do not worry finding a bank in Tianjin.
- Bank of China(Pingshan Avenue)(中国银行(平山道店))
Add: No. 3 Building, Junxihuating, the Junction of Zijinshan Road and Pingshan Avenue(紫金山路与平山道交口君禧华庭3号楼)
- Bank of China(Ronghua Sub-branch)(中国银行(荣华支行))
Add: No. 5 Jiulong Road, Hexi District, Tianjin City(天津市河西区九龙路5号)
- Bank of China(Junliangcheng Sub-branch)(中国银行(军粮城支行))
Add: South 150 meters of the Junction of Xingnong Avenue and Jingu Street(兴农道与金谷大街交叉口南150米)
- Bank of China(Zhejiang Road Sub-branch)(中国银行(浙江路支行))
Add: No. 2638 Shanghai Avenue, Binhai New Area(滨海新区上海道2638号)
- China Construction Bank(Tianjin Hongda Sub-branch)(中国建设银行(天津宏达支行))
Add: No. 19 Hongda Street, Binhai New Area, Tianjin City(天津市滨海新区宏达街19号)
- Agricultural Bank of China(中国农业银行)
Add: No. 6 Quanzhou North Road, Yangcun Town(杨村镇泉州北路6号)
Express and Post Offices in Tianjin
- YTO Express(Binhai Branch)(圆通速递(滨海分公司))
Add: No. 133 Huanghai Road, Binhai New Area, Tianjin City(天津市滨海新区黄海路133号)
- Deppon Express(德邦快递)
Add: No.2 Anjie West Road, Modern Industrial Park, Ninghe District, Tianjin City(天津市宁河区现代产业园区安捷西路2号)
- SF Express(顺丰速运)
Add: Nearby No. 70 Xinkai North Road(新开北路70号附近)
- China Post(中国邮政)
Add: No. 1 Jianguo South Road, Yangcun Town, Wuqing District, Tianjin City(天津市武清区杨村镇建国南路1号)
- China Post(中国邮政)
Add: No. 82 Dongting Road(洞庭路82号)
Hospitals in Tianjin
- Tianjin No.1 Central Hospital(天津市第一中心医院)
Add: No. 24 Fukang Road, Nankai District, Tianjin City(天津市南开区复康路24号)
- Tianjin Medical University No. 2 Hospital(天津医科大学第二医院)
Add:No. 23 Pingjiang Avenue, Hexi District, Tianjin City(天津市河西区平江道23号)
- Tianjin Tumor Hospital(天津肿瘤医院)
Add: Binshui Avenue, Hexi Distict, Tianjin City (天津市河西区宾水道)
- First Affiliated Hospital to Tianjin University of TCM(天津中医药大学第一附属医院)
Add: No. 314 Anshan West Avenue, Nankai District, Tianjin City(天津市南开区鞍山西道314号)
Tel: 022- 27432299
- General Hospital of Tianjin Medical University(天津医科大学总医院)
Add: No. 154 Anshan Avenue, Heping District, Tianjin City(天津市和平区鞍山道154号)
Other Tips for Visiting Tianjin
144-Hour Visa-Free Transit
hat makes Tianjin more tourists friendly is that Tianjin applies to 144 Hours Transit Visa Free, together with Beijing and Hebei Province, which means you can enjoy a visa-free tour in Beijing and Tianjin up to 6 days! Tianjin is also an important starting/ending destinations of some international ocean cruises to Japan, Korea, etc.
How to Get to Tianjin
Tianjin Transportation, to some extent, is strongly linked to Tianjin Tours. As the most developed city in China, Tianjin has the best transport network compared with other cities in China. At present, the main transportation modes in Tianjin are airplanes, trains, buses, ships and so on. What's more, Tianjin Port is an important hub in China. Tianjin has an extensive public transport system, largely based on buses, light rail, taxis, and a rapidly expanding metro system. It is very convenient to get to Tianjin and get around Tianjin.
More about Tianjin Transportation
Note: Due to the large number of one-way streets, Tianjin buses tend to have different routes. If you are going to return on the same road, it is best to find out what the returning station is before getting off the bus.
- How to Travel Between Tianjin Airport and Downtown of Tianjin
- How to Travel Between Tianjin Airport and Beijing
- Shuttle Bus of Tianjin Binhai International Airport
- Beijing Capital International Airport Bus to Tianjin, Hebei and Inner Mongolia
Tianjin cuisine is derived from the native cooking styles of Tianjin , a metropolis along the coast of northern China. It is heavily influenced by Beijing cuisine, due to its proximity, but differs by being sweeter, and more heavy focused on seafood. Tianjin Food Street is a place where cross-cultural Chinese dishes can be sampled. Popular dishes include Eight Great Bowls, Four Great Stews, Goubuli Baozi, and Guifaxiang Mahua, among others. Eight Great Bowls (八大碗) is a combination of eight mainly meat dishes. It can be further classified into several varieties. The Four Great Stews (四大扒) refers actually to a very large number of stews, including chicken, duck, seafood, beef, and mutton.
Must-eat Snacks in Tianjin
More about Snacks in Tianjin
Tianjin's popular shopping centers are mainly concentrated in Heping District and Hexi District. In addition to Binjiang Road, there are also many large shopping centers. The top-ranked Tianjin shopping centers are: Quanyechang Shopping Mall (Heping Road), Joy City, Hisense Plaza, Galaxy International Shopping Center, etc., which are good choices.
The must-buy local products in Tianjin
- Shawo Radish
- Xiaobao Chestnut
- Guishunzhai Cakes
- Bengdou Zhang
- Nutlet Zhang
- Sugar Zhang
- Clay Figurine Zhang
- Kite Wei
- Brick Carving Liu
- Paper Carving
- Tianjin Carpet
Where to Stay in Tianjin
When you come to Tianjin, do not worry where to stay. As the most developed city in China, Tianjin is full of hotels, including 5-star hotels, comfortable, economic and cheap hostels. Hence, you can always find the most suitable hotel for you.
Matters need attention
- Although the hotel's bed sheet is replaced every day, it is best to prepare a set of comfortable pajamas.
- Prepare some disposable toilet seats.
- Try not to take a bath.
- Before using the water glass, use the boiling water to disinfect.
- It is best not to wear plastic slippers provided by the hotel.
- Wash your hands after using the remote control.
- The Best Luxury 5-Star Hotels in Tianjin
- The Best Comfortable 4-Star Hotels in Tianjin
- The Best Budget 3-Star Hotels in Tianjin
- The Best Boutique Hotels and Inns in Tianjin
- The Best Tianjin Hotels Rated on TripAdvisor
Things to Do in Tianjin
Tianjin is one of the best travel destinations in China. You will know the past, present and future of Tianjin through the historical relics, natural sceneries, temples, churches, assembly halls and commemorative sites of Chinese revolution. When you come to Tianjin, you can enjoy many buildings with extraordinary and exotic architectural styles, a real feast for the eyes.
Top Attractions in Tianjin
Tianjin, as one of the most developed cities in China, is an epitome of modern urban China with the most intriguing history. Tianjin is gifted with rich tourist attractions related to its long and complicated history.
- Huangyaguan Great Wall
- Jingyuan Garden
- Tianjin Eye
- Five Great Avenues
- Tianjin Ancient Culture Street
- Porcelain House
- Italian Style Street
- Shi Family Courtyard
- St Joseph Cathedral
- Dule Temple
- Water Park
- Panshan Mountain Scenic Area
- Top Tianjin Tourist Attractions and Things To Do Rated on TripAdvisor
Matters need attention
- Take care of your luggage and important things, such as passport and visa.
- Check out the weather report before your travel. Do not go sightseeing in bad weather.
- Respect and follow local custom and avoid conflicts.
Tianjin Travel Tips by Region