Shanghai World Financial Center
The Shanghai World Financial Center is the second tallest skyscraper in the city up to now. It is now the third-highest hotel in the world after the Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong, which occupies floors 102 to 118 of the International Commerce Centre.
English Name: Shanghai World Financial Center
Chinese Name: 上海环球金融中心
Attraction Type: Shanghai Attraction, Second Tallest Skyscraper
Best Time to Visit: Whole year
Recommended Visiting Time: about 3-4 hours
Admission Fee: CNY 60-180
Address in English: No. 100 Century Avenue, Pudong New Area, Shanghai
Address in Chinese:上海市浦东新区世纪大道100号
Why is the World Financial Center in Shanghai so Special?
The Shanghai World Financial Center is the second tallest skyscraper in the city up to now. It is now the third-highest hotel in the world after the Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong, which occupies floors 102 to 118 of the International Commerce Centre. It is a mixed-use skyscraper, consisting of offices, hotels, conference rooms, observation decks, and ground-floor shopping malls.
Where is the World Financial Center in Shanghai?
Shanghai World Financial Center, located at No. 100 Century Avenue, Pudong New Area, Shanghai, is a skyscraper located in Lujiazui financial and trade zone. It is adjacent to the hinterland of Pudong New Area in the East, overlooking Puxi and Huangpu River in the west, Zhangyang Road business and Trade Zone in the South and Lujiazui Central green space in the north.
How to Get There?
- Take bus Lujiazui Financial City Line 2 or Lujiazui Financial City Loop Line and get off at Dongtailu Shijidadao Station.
- Take bus 583, 799, or 939 and get off at Huayuan Shiqiaolu Dongtailu Station.
- Take bus 791, 870, 961, or 985 and get off at Lujiazui Huanlu Dongtailu Station.
- Take bus 01, 798, 992, Lujiazui Financial City Line 3, or Lujiazui Financial City Line 4 and get off at Shiji Dadao Pudong Nanlu Station.
- From 9:00 to 18:00, there are regular buses between SWFC and HSB building. They are free and leave every 60 minutes (30 minutes at noon).
- Take Metro Line 2 get off at Dongchang Road Station, get out from Exit 4; or get off at Lujiazui Station and get out of the station from Exit 6. Then walk 10 minutes towards the building.
These floors are shops and restaurants serving as a stage for every business scene,cafes,restaurants and other service facilities provide a variety of support for office life.
Here are Shanghai World Financial Culture and Media Center. In the Shanghai World Financial Culture & Media Center,information about finance and culture originates and resonates,promoting exchange between people and cultures.
Pursuing high standards in both functionality and comfort as a financial center, the prestigious office space of SWFC provides the essential comerstone for business success.
Even among the luxurious Hyatt Group hotels in 54 countries around the globe,Park Hyatt stands out in the elegance of its accommodations and quality of personalized service.
94, 97, 100F
Soaring 474 meters above the ground, the 100th floor observation deck provides a spectacular view of Shanghai. 94F provides a perfect and extensive view of Shanghai along the Huangpu River. The 750-square-meter (about 897-square-yard) sightseeing hall is also suitable for exhibitions. A café bar and a souvenir store can be found there. Parapets in the window on 97F provide a place to take pictures. The open skylighted ceiling shows ingenuity in design. In good weather, it can be opened, turning the hall into an overpass in the air. It is a 55-meter-long (60-yard-long) corridor in the 100F. While wandering on the floor made of transparent glass, you can see the top of the Oriental Pearl Tower just in front and feel as if you are walking in the air above the roof of the Jin Mao Tower. Vehicles, pedestrians and even the whole city seem to be far away, down below.
Useful Travel Tips
- Entrance Fee
|94F Only||Combo Ticket for 94F, 97F and 100F|
|Adults||CNY 120||CNY 180|
|Children between 1 and 1.4m (3.3 and 4.6ft) and the disabled||CNY 60||CNY 90|
|Kids below 1m (3.3ft)||Free of charge|
- Opening Hours: 09:00-22:30 every day (last entry at 21:30)
Nearby Attraction in Shanghai
- China Art Museum in Shanghai
- Shanghai Natural Wild Insect Kingdom
- Shanghai Natural History Museum
- Soong Ching Ling Memorial Residence