1 Day Zhujiajiao Water Town Tour from Shanghai
Zhujiajiao water town features lovely waterways, curved rock bridges, old streets cemented with stone, and over 10,000 buildings dating back to the Ming and Qing dynasties. ...
Code of Tour: CDT0000001191
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Shanghai
Departure City: Shanghai
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Family Culture
Also called “The Venice of Shanghai”, Zhujiajiao is a typical ancient watertown located in the Qingpu District of Shanghai that was established about 1,700 years ago. It features lovely waterways, curved rock bridges, old streets cemented with stone, and over 10,000 buildings dating back to the Ming and Qing dynasties.
- Explore the Zhujiajiao ancient town known as the Venice of Shanghai.
- Take a boat ride along the canal in Zhujiajiao.
- See traditional residences in the local community and enjoy Sample snacks.
- 9:00-10:00: Shanghai – Zhujiajiao
Your dirver will pick you up from your hotel and transfer you to Zhujiajiao. It will take about 1 hour.
- 10:00-13:30: Visit Zhujiajiao Ancient Town
Explore the Zhujiajiao ancient town known as the Venice of Shanghai. There are 36 old bridges and 9 streets built along the rivers. We will visit The Qing Dynasty Post Office, Kezhi Gardens, and Fangsheng Bridge. You can enjoy the lane cruise(paid by yourself) along the narrow lanes of this village. Then have lunch in a local restaurant.
- 13:30-16:30: Visit Seven Treasures Town
In the afternoon, we will visit Seven Treasures Town. There are seven treasures: Buddha, bell, lotus scriptures, sacred trees, a gold chicken, a jade axe and jade chopsticks. You can enjoy the delicious snacks on the South Street.
- 16:30-17:30 Back to Shanghai
After the tour you will be transfered back to your hotel and finish the tour today.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Lunch as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.