Tao Xingzhi Memorial Hall in Shexian County, Huangshan
In order to commemorate the world famous man, Anhui provincial Party committee and provincial government approved the construction of the memorial hall of Tao Xingzhi in 1981 at the former site of Chongyi school, where he studied for his youth in Tao Xingzhi's hometown.
Type: Scenic Spot
Chinese Name: 陶行知纪念馆
Opening Hours: 8:00-15:00
Admission Ticket: RMB 25
Location: She County, Huangshan City, Anhui Province(安徽省黄山市歙县)
Tao Xingzhi Memorial Hall
Tao Xingzhi memorial hall is located in Shexian County, covering an area of 1700 square meters, with a building area of 3600 square meters, which is a kind of Hui style building.
Tao Xingzhi was born in huangtanyuan village, Shexian County, Anhui Province in 1891. He is a great contemporary people’s educator. Tao Xingzhi has been engaged in education all his life. He studied in the United States in his early years and studied under Dewey. After returning home, he vigorously promoted civilian education, especially rural education.
In order to commemorate the world famous man, Anhui provincial Party committee and provincial government approved the construction of the memorial hall of Tao Xingzhi in 1981 at the former site of Chongyi school, where he studied for his youth in Tao Xingzhi’s hometown.
Main Attractions of Tao Xingzhi Memorial Hall
As soon as you enter the gate, the magnificent and elegant hall of unique style is displayed in front of your eyes. On the screen is Tao Xingzhi’s inscription of “love all over the world”. On the back of the screen is Comrade Jiang Zemin’s inscription: “learning Tao Xingzhi’s educational thoughts to promote educational reform”. In the middle is Tao Xingzhi’s bust, which teaches people to be true, and thousands of students to be real people. “Tao Xingzhi’s famous sayings are carved on both sides of the screen.
Around the hall and up is the projection hall, which plays the video of Tao Xingzhi’s life to audience.
Go north through the side door and enter the exhibition hall. There are five exhibition halls in the museum. The first exhibition hall is downstairs, and the second and third exhibition halls are upstairs. The three exhibition halls show Tao Xingzhi’s glorious life in seven periods: born in a cold family in the countryside; standing in the forefront of the May 4th movement after returning to the United States.
The fifth exhibition hall is a painting and calligraphy hall, displaying a large number of books, manuscripts, paintings and other works of Tao Xingzhi.
Recommended Huangshan Tour Packages
- 5 Days Huangshan and Wuyuan Photo Tour
- 3 Days Yellow Mountain Hiking Tour
- 4 Days Best Huangshan Tour
- 1 Day Huangshan Tour
- 2 Days Mount Huangshan Tour
- 3 Days Huangshan Tour (Stay at the Summit of Yellow Mountain)
- 2 Days Huangshan Tour (Overnight in the Summit of Yellow Mountain)
- 4 Days Huangshan Photography Tour (One Night On The Top of Yellow Mountain)
- Hongcun Ancient Village in Huangshan
- Xidi Ancient Village in Huangshan
- Tunxi Ancient Street in Huangshan
- Huizhou Ancient City in Huangshan
- Hu Kaiwen Ink-stick Factory in Huangshan
- Shexian Tangyue Memorial Arches in Huangshan
- Tachuan Village in Huangshan
- Chengkan Village in Huangshan
- Xin’an River in Huangshan
- Qiyun Mountain in Huangshan
- Bao’s Family Garden (Baojia Garden) in Huangshan