Lujiazui in Shanghai
As the headquarters of many multinational banks in Greater China and East Asia, it is also one of China's most influential financial centers.
English Name: Lujiazui in Shanghai
Type: Shanghai Scenic Area, Shanghai famous spots & Shanghai attractions
Best Time: All Year Around
Recommended Visiting Hours: 2-3 hours
Why is Lujiazui so Special?
Lujiazui, commonly known as “Wall Street in China”, is the largest financial district in mainland China, with more than 400 domestic and foreign banks and financial institutions, including HSBC, Citibank and Standard Chartered Bank. In addition, it is also the headquarters of more than 70 international giants and about 5,000 companies engaged in trade, investment and intermediary services. The Shanghai stock market has the second largest trading volume in the world after the new york Stock Exchange.
Where is Lujiazui?
Lujiazui Financial and Trade Zone is located on the east bank of Huangpu River and faces the Bund. It covers an area of 28 square kilometers (10.8 square miles) and is distributed with about 100 high-rise buildings. Many of them are landmark buildings in Shanghai, making the area an excellent place to experience the modern atmosphere of this metropolis.
Main Attraction of Lujiazui
Oriental Pearl Tower
The Oriental Pearl Tower is 468 meters (1536 feet) high and has three tiers of viewing platforms. At the bottom of the tower is an exhibition hall showing the history of the city. The lower sphere has a 90-meter (295-foot) viewing hall, providing an excellent location to view the beautiful scenery along the Bund and Huangpu River. Visitors can also see a panoramic view of the city from the transparent observatory at 259 meters (850 feet) or the space capsule sightseeing floor at 351 meters (1152 feet).
Jin Mao Tower
Jin Mao Tower is 420.5 meters (1,380 feet) high and is also a good place to watch the city. The ultra-high-speed elevator takes only 45 seconds to take tourists from the basement to the viewing hall on the 88th floor, providing tourists with spectacular metropolis scenery along the Huangpu River and unique rose-colored dawn and sunset scenery.
Shanghai World Financial Center
As the tallest flat roof building in the world, it has 101 floors and 492 meters (1614 feet) high. The tourist area covers from 94 to 100 floors. The viewing hall on the 100th floor is 474 meters (1555 feet) high. The 97-story sightseeing bridge seems to have been built in the air. It will give you the illusion that you are wandering in the air.
At present, it is the tallest building in China, 632 meters (2073 feet) high. The exterior of the building spirals up to the top with each floor twisted by one degree to reduce the influence of the wind.
In addition to the magnificent building complex, there is a green space in the core area of the financial district, infusing a little natural beauty into the busy city. Covering an area of 100,000 square meters (25 acres), it is the largest open-air lawn in the city and is nicknamed “Green Lung in the City”. The park is decorated with exquisite sculptures, rockeries and pools. Weeping willows, yulan magnolia, gingko, cedar and other trees spread all over the grassland, injecting vitality into this area. Compared with the busy lifestyle there, a quiet park is a good place to relax.
Best Time to Travel Lujiazui
The best travel time is spring and autumn, usually March-may and September-November.
Catkin, peach blossom and flying warbler are most suitable for outing in the suburbs in spring. Peach Blossoms in Nanhui, Cherry Blossoms in Gu Village Park and Tulips in Shanghai’s Fresh Flower Port are in full bloom. They are the best time to enjoy flowers. Autumn with red leaves all over the sky is the best time to taste hairy crabs. The so-called “autumn wind is ringing and crab legs itch”. At this time, hairy crabs have yellow legs, thick crab fat and beautiful crab meat, which make people drool.
How to Get There
- By metro
Take metro line 2, and get off at Lujiazui Station.
- By bus
1. Take bus 82, 314, 583, 795, 870, 961, or 985, and get off at Lujiazui Station.
2. Take bus Lujiazui Financial City Line 4, 85, 774, 779, 798, 799, 971, or 992, and get off at Lujiazui Subway Station.
3. Take bus Lujiazui Financial City Line 1, 81, 313, 583, 791, 795, 799, 870, 939, 961, 985, 993, Cailu Special Line, or Lujiazui Financial City Loop Line, and get off at Lujiazui Loop Line Mingshang Road Station.
4. Take City Sightseeing Bus Line 2, and get off at Dongfang Mingzhu (Oriental Pearl) Station.
Useful Travel Tips
- The rainy season is from mid-June to early July, with continuous rain. From the end of August to the first half of September is the typhoon season, often with sudden storms, these two periods of travel to Shanghai must take umbrellas.
- The entertainment life in Shanghai is quite rich. The modern facilities and natural scenery in major theme parks and parks make people feel relieved and happy. Shanghai, as the birthplace of Chinese movies and the host of one of the world’s nine major film festivals, has many cinemas with state-of-the-art audio and video equipment, which can experience incomparable viewing effects. If you are a fan and fan, then in Shanghai, a series of world-class art venues and theatres will definitely make you feel full of happiness.
- You can buy a wide range of Shanghai specialties, snacks and handicrafts in Shanghai, such as spiced beans and pear paste candy from the Old City God Temple, which are generally available in local specialty stores and supermarkets.
- The Bund
- Yu Garden
- Jin Mao Tower
- Longhua Temple
- Shanghai Disney Park
- Tianzifang in Shanghai
- The China Art Museum
- The Shanghai Museum
- The Jade Buddha Temple
- Nanjing Road in Shanghai
- People’s Square in Shanghai
- The Oriental Pearl TV Tower
- Shanghai Natural History Museum
- Shanghai Science and Technology Museum
- Huangpu River Night Cruise in Shanghai
Recommended Shanghai Tour Packages
- 1 Day Shanghai Group Tour with Zhujiajiao Ancient Town and Huangpu River Cruise
- 3 Days Shanghai Highlights Tour
- 4 Days Shanghai City Tour
- 6 Days Beijing Shanghai Tour
- 10 Days Beijing-Xian-Shanghai-Mount Huangshan Small Group Tour
- 11 Days Beijing Xian Guilin Shanghai Tour