Chinese Name: 长春 English IPA: Changchun Location: the center of Jilin Province Population (city): 7489000 Language: Northeastern Mandarin and Changchun Dialect Zip code: 130000 Tel code: 0431 Time zone: UTC+8
Lying in the center of the Songliao Plain, Changchun, the spring city in North, called “Xidu (喜都)”, ”Cha’achong (茶啊冲)”, “Huanglongfu (黄龙府)” in the ancient time, is the capital and largest city of Jilin Province, the central city of Northeastern Asian Economic Circle, and one of the famous historical and cultural cities of China. “Changchun” means “long spring” in Chinese, and it is a modern city with a profound inside story, and the earliest automotive and film industrial bases of China, known as the “Detroit of China” and “Hollywood in China”. Apart from this industrial and film aspects, Changchun is also one of four “Landscape Garden Cities” in China.
Changchun (Jilin) Travel Guide introduces useful travel information of Changchun including travel tips, attractions, top things to do, tours, transportation, weather, climate, food, restaurants, accommodation, festivals, nightlife, activities, education, shopping, photos and maps.
- Tourist Attractions: Changchun, one of the outstanding tourist cities in China and one of the top ten cities for ice and snow tourism, owns a great number of tourist attractions, including Songhua Lake, Shengli Park, Nanhu Park, Changchun Movie Wonderland, Jingyuetan National Forest Park, Capital Cities and Tombs of the Ancient Koguryo Kingdom, Museum of Imperial Palace of Manchu State, and Jilin Provincial Museum.
- Food Culture: Changchun is the birthplace of Jilin cuisine. Changchun has been inhabited by ethnic groups such as Han, Chao, Mongolian and Manchu since the ancient time, so it has developed unique food culture—Jilin cuisine culture. Famous food includes Changbai Zhen Yan(长白山珍宴), Ginseng and Chicken Cooked with Maotai Wine(翡翠人参茅台鸡), and eight bowls of Manzhu(满族八大碗).
- Sculpture: Changchun is a famous “Sculpture City” in China. By 2017, it has held the International Sculpture Symposium for eighteen consecutive years and World Sculpture Conference for five times. The Changchun World Sculpture Conference, enjoying a high reputation in the domestic and international sculpture circles, is known as the “Olympic World of Sculpture”.
- Diverse Activities: There are many festivals and expositions in Changchun, including Changchun China Film Festival, China Changchun International Automobile Expo, China Changchun International Agriculture and Food Fair Expo, and Changchun ChinaJoy Cosplay.
Other Destinations in Changchun
- Chaoyang District (Changchun)
- Nanguan District
- Kuancheng District
- Erdao District
- Luyuan District
- Shuangyang District
- Jiutai District
- Dehui City
- Yushu City (Changchun)
- Nong’an County
Changchun is one of the first batch of Excellent Tourism City in China and one of the top ten cities for ice and snow tourism. It possesses a great number of tourist spots. There are many things to do if you want to visit Changchun in Jilin such as visit historical sites or learn the history of Manchu or Changchun itself. Then those places are good options: Capital Cities and Tombs of the Ancient Koguryo Kingdom, Changchun Bomun Temple, Prajna Temple, [...]
As the capital city of Jilin Province, Changchun tours are connected with other top destinations in China, like Shenyang, Dalian and Harbin, etc. Changchun owns many tourist spots in and around itself. And it is convenient to go to other cities near Changchun. Usually you could spend one day to visit tourist spots in Changchun city, three or more days to visit its surrounding scenic areas and even sceneries in other provinces. Following are tour packages we have prepared for you, [...]
- More City Tours Including Changchun >>
- More China Provinces Tours Including Changchun >>
- More Multi-City Tours Including Changchun >>
- All Tours Including Changchun >>
Climate & When to Go
Changchun climate is distinct in four seasons. Located in the transition zone between eastern mountainous humid area and semi-arid area of western plain, it enjoys humid continental climate. Changchun Climate Although the eastern and southern parts of Changchun are not far from the ocean, Changbai Mountain weakened the effect caused by summer monsoon, and because of the flat Songliao Plain in the western and northern parts, the Siberian polar continental air mass could flow freely, Changchun is dry and windy in spring, [...]
As the capital city of Jilin Province, Changchun is equipped with airplanes, trains and long-distance buses, which are very convenient for travelling. Following are introduction about Changchun transportation, how to get to Changchun and how to get around Changchun. How to Get to Changchun By Air Located in Jiutai District, Changchun Longjia International Airport is about 32 kilometers away from the center of Changchun. There are more than 100 routes in Changchun Longjia International Airport covering regions including circum-Bohai-Sea, the Yangtze River Delta, [...]
Festivals and Activities
Changchun is famous for abundant festivals and exhibitions in China. The festivals in Changchun include the Changchun Film Festival, Vasaloppet China, Changchun Summer International Beer Festival, and the Changchun ChinaJoy Cosplay. Activities in Changchun include China-Northeast Asia Expo, Changchun International Automobile Expo, Changchun Agricultural and Food Fair Expo, Changchun Folk Art Fair, and Changchun World Sculpture Conference. Festivals in Changchun Changchun Film Festival长春电影节 Changchun Film Festival is the first film festival named after a city in China. Founded in 1992, it is national film [...]
There are some useful travel tips that could help you have a better experience in your Changchun travel tour. Useful Numbers Fire: 119 Police: 110 Ambulance: 120 Area Code: 0431 Zip Code: 130000 Weather Forecast: 12121 Road Traffic Accident: 122 Red Cross First Aid: 999 Check Telephone Number: 114 Tourist Complaint: 0431-8831902 Tourist Inquiry: 0431-88652111 Travel Bureau: 0431-88775670 Railway Station Inquiry: 12306 Civil Aviation Consulting: 0431-88797777 Expressway [...]
Changchun, located in the central part of Jilin Province, is the capital city of Jilin. Here we provide you with useful Changchun maps that may help you to know Changchun better. They are Changchun transportation map, Changchun regional map, Changchun location map, Changchun tourist attractions map, Changchun travel map, and so on. Those maps can give you information about how to get to those areas where you want to go. [...]
Changchun is the capital city of Jilin Province. There are a great amount of Changchun hotels that provide you plenty of choices. You can choose luxury from five-star hotels to local hotels with sound prices. Below is the list we prepare for you about the best hotels in Changchun. The Best Luxury 5-Star Hotels in Changchun 1. HNA Mingmen Hotel (长春海航名门饭店) Address: NO.4501, Renmin Street, Chaoyang District, Changchun City 长春朝阳区人民大街4501号 Tel: 0431-85565666 2. The Abritz Hotel Changchun (艾博丽思大饭店) Address: NO.888, Guigu Street, Changchun City, [...]