2 Days Gubeikou, Jinshanling, and Simatai Great Walls Hiking Tour
During this 2 days tour, we will have an exciting hiking tour from Gubeikou Great Wall to Jinshanling Great Wall in the first day. And visit the Simatai Great...
Code of Tour: YCT-BJ017
Length of Travel: 2 Day
Destinations of Tour: Beijing
Departure City: Beijing
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Photo Hiking Culture History Climbing
During this 2 days tour, we will have an exciting hiking tour from Gubeikou Great Wall to Jinshanling Great Wall in the first day. And visit the Simatai Great Wall and experience different cultural activities at Gubei Water Town in the second day.
- Exciting hiking tour from Gubeikou Great Wall to Jinshanling Great Wall
- Experience different cultural activities at Gubei Water Town
- Explore World Cultural Heritage, Simatai Great Wall
- Day 1: Gubeikou Great Wall-Jinshanling Great Wall
- Day 2: Simatai Great Wall-Gubei Water Town
Day 1 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Gubeikou Great Wall;Jinshanling Great Wall
In the morning:
Your tour guide will pick you up at the hotel in the morning (7:00 am in summer and autumn; 8:00 am in spring and winter, if you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, the departure time will be delayed accordingly), it takes about 2.5 hours to the Gubeikou Great Wall.
We start the hike from Gubeikou Great Wall, you will hike about 11 towers and reach 24- Window Tower which takes about 1 hour. 24 – Window Tower is the end of Gubeikou section for this hiking tour. As some part of the Gubeikou Great Wall belongs to the army, so we should come down from 24 – Window Tower and go cross the bushes, which takes about 1.5 hours to cross the mountain. Then you will arrive at the Jinshanling Great Wall. Jinshanling Great Wall is a UNESO Heritage site and has most magnificent scenery around the wall. You will pass through Taochunkou Pass, West Five – Window Tower, Zhuanduokou Pass, etc. About 7 towers with about 1 hour hike on Jinshanling section, come down from Zhuanduokou Pass.
Hike level is about 4.
The whole hiking tour takes about 4hours and 10 km (6 mils).
Then the guide and driver take you to have lunch. After lunch, drive to Gubeikou village.
Stay at local inn in Gubeikou village for overnight.
Note: If you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, please let us to know when you book this tour.
Day 2 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Simatai Great Wall; Gubei Water Town
Wake up early in the morning to watch the sunrise on the Gubeikou Great Wall. Then back to the inn have breakfast. After breakfast, we start the tour.
Firstly, hike total 10 towers with about 2 hours on the Simatai Great Wall. The Simatai Great Wall is situated at Gubeikou Town, It stretches 5.4 km from Wangjinglou (Tower for Viewing the Capital) in the east and connects Jinshanling Great Wall in the west. It consists of 35 watch towers and still retains the original architecture feature of the Ming Dynasty. Simatai Great Wall was listed as World Cultural Heritage by UNESCO in 1987. The Simatai Great Wall incorporates a variety of styles of other parts of the China Wall, but also display some unique features.
After lunch, visit Gubei Water Town. The Water Town covers an area of 9 square kilometers including reproduced cultural streets, accommodation, restaurants etc. There are four guesthouses and 2 hotels to accommodation visitors. You can spend as long as 2 days in the town with many cultural activities.
Hike level is about 2.
After the tour, transfer back to your hotel in Beijing downtown.
- Meal as listed in the itinerary (Lunch).
- Private transfer service between hotel and Great Wall.
- Entrance fees as specified in the itinerary.
- English-speaking tour guide service.
- Mineral water
- Airfare, tax and fuel surcharge.
- Travel insurance
- Tips to guide and driver as your wish. (Based on the well-done job of the guide and driver).
- Personal expenses.
- The electrinic car & cable car.
The quotation is different for China Public Holidays. For instance, Chinese Spring Festival,Tomb-sweeping Festival, Labor Day, Dragon-boat Festival, Mid-autumn Festival, China National Day, etc.
1.Please take Hiking boots, sticks or trekking sticks, backpack, sun-glasses, sunscreen, snacks, camera for this hiking tour.
2. The traveler whose body is not fit for the hiking such as arthritis, heart disease, hypertension, asthma, and the traveler who are drunk are not recommended to take this tour.
3. Don’t take baby less than 3 years old for this tour, and the traveler who are more than 80 years old are not recommended to take this tour.
4. Do not wear short pants.
5. Please go to toilet at the entrance of the wall before the hiking, there is no toilet on the Wall. Please carry toilet paper by yourself always.
6. This tour is not available under the following weather condition: Rain, Snow, Strong Wind, etc.