Jinghong Travel Tips
Jinghong Travel Tips will be helpful to plan your trip to here. For a better travel experience, it's necessary to read the information below.
Phone Dialing Code: 0691
Weather Forecast: 121
Tourist complaint: 2162177
Consumers' Complaint: 12315
Comprehensive Information: 12580
Airport information desk: 0691-2159130
Taxi complaint: 0691-2132173
2. Money Exchange
Money exchange is offered in any one of the Bank of China in Jinghong. Bank of China Xishuangbanna Branch is located on Minzu Nan Road, Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture.
Most of people in Jinghong are Dai people, Jinuo people or Bulang people. They all have their own languages, which are quiet different from Chinese. Most of them can speak good Chinese but hardly English.
4. Best time to Visit Jinghong
Jinghong weather is featured by 'hot'. November to next May is dry season with cool weather so that it is the hot tourism season. Especially in April, the Water Splashing Festival attracts numerous tourists to visit and join in the cheerful activity. Every June to October is the rainy season of Jinghong. The weather is wet and hot but abundant fruits can be tasted in this time. What’ more, few tourists choose to come in rainy season so the expenditure will be decreased.
5.Jinghong Dressing Tips
Tourists had better bring more T-shirts, short pants and one piece of thin coat to prevent the cool weather at night. And sandal is necessary because of the hot weather.
• Dry Season(November to May): Bring sun glasses, suncreen, mosquito repellent, sunhat and medicine to prevent heatstroke.
• Rainy Season(July to October): Due to the wet weather, you may feel uncomfortable when sweat streaming. It's recommended to bring a piece of small towel, umbrella, mosquito repellent, sunscreen and medicine to prevent heatstroke.
• If you travel alone, please don't tell stranger your travel destination casually.
• Tourists had better not arrive at the destination at night. If you can't avoid arriving late, it's recommended to stay near airport.
• Tourists should respect the folk custom and taboo of local ethnic minorities especially when you have a visit to local villages and residences.
• Water is so important that Dai people care a lot about the cleanness of water. There is a well with beautiful decroration in every Dai village, into which nobody can throw anything.
• Except for believing in Hinayana Buddhism, Dai nationality still keeps original religion. In daily life, Dai people will hold many sacrifice activities that tourists can not have a look.
• The bedrooms of Dai people are not opened to outsiders.
• If you see symbol of “米” in the door of bamboo house, it represents that this family has pregnant woman. At this time, oursiders are not welcomed.
• During every lunar month, Jinuo village will have sacrifice activity lasting for three days. At that time, outsiders are not allowed to go into the village.
• Before enter in the bamboo house, visitors should take off their shoes.
• Each Bulang family has its own family god to worship, which is packed by banana leaf or sugarcane leaf and forbidden to touch.
• Outsiders can not touch the headcloth of Bulang male because it is the representative of their dignity.