Chinese Name: 岳阳 English IPA: Yue Yang Location: Northern Hunan Population (city): 5,681,100(2016) Language: Southwest Mandarin, Yueyang Dialect Zip code: 414000 Tel code: 0730 Time zone: UTC+8
Yueyang(岳阳), anciently known as “Baling”, also known as “Yuezhou”, a prefecture-level city of Hunan Province, is the second largest economy, an important member of the middle reaches of the Yangtze River, and a sub-central city of Hunan Province. Yueyang began in 505 BC and is a famous cultural city with a history of more than 2,500 years. Located on the bank of the Dongting Lake in the regions south of the Yangtze River, not only the traffic main artery of east, west, north and south China, but also one of the first batch of the State Council’s opening areas along the Yangtze River. It is also an important regional center city in the middle reaches of the Yangtze River and the first gateway city in Hunan.
- Colorful Ethnic Culture: There are 51 ethnic minorities in Yueyang City, including Tujia, Miao, Mongol, Hui and Manchu, with more than 12,900 people, accounting for 2.3% of the total population of Yueyang City.
- Paradise for Visitors: Yueyang is famous for its beautiful attractions, such as the vast Dongting Lake, beautiful Junshan Island. Yueyang is a famous cultural city with a history of more than 2,500 years, come here and experience the cultural atmosphere.
- International Trade Port: Yueyang is the only international trade port city in Hunan and a famous port city in China. Yueyang Port is a transfer-type international container port along the Yangtze River and a port of departure approved by the State Council. It has regular sea-going direct routes and ocean-going routes with Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, ASEAN, Australia and other countries. What’s more, it has a national comprehensive bonded zone.
- Qu Yuan Temple: It is used to worship Qu Yuan, a Chinese poet and minister who lived during the Warring States period of ancient China, and is located in the bank of Miluo River, Miluo City. The building covers an area of 1,354 square meters. It faces south and is a single-storey single-brick wood structure. There are 13 reliefs showing Qu Yuan on the bar.
Other Destinations in Yueyang
- Yueyanglou District
- Junshan District
- Yunxi District
- Linxiang City
- Yueyang County
- Huarong County
- Xiangyin County
- Pingjiang County
Characterized by spectacular landscapes, charming natural scenery and diverse ethnic customs, Yueyang is an impressive region to visit. Yueyang Tower(岳阳楼), located on the city wall of the west gate of the ancient city in Yueyang city, Hunan province, China, Yueyang Tower faces Junshan Island and overlooks Dongting Lake, being exquisite and imposing. Since ancient times, it has enjoyed the good reputation that Dongting Lake is the best among lakes, and Yueyang Tower is incomparable among towers. Qu Yuan Temple is used [...]
Located on the bank of the Dongting Lake in the regions south of the Yangtze River, not only the traffic main artery of east, west, north and south China, but also one of the first batch of the State Council's opening areas along the Yangtze River. When come to Changde, these tours are available, such as Yueyang Birding Tour, Yueyang Cycling Tour, Ethnic Culture Tour, Ethnic Minority Villages Tour, Tujia and Miao Minority Tour, Festival Tour, Group Tour. There are some tours in the following for your reference. Of course, [...]
- More City Tours Including Yueyang >>
- More China Provinces Tours Including Yueyang >>
- More Multi-City Tours Including Yueyang >>
- All Tours Including Yueyang >>
Climate & When to Go
Yueyang(岳阳) is a prefecture-level city on the southern shores of Dongting Lake in the northeastern corner of Hunan Province. Yueyang is the only international trade port city in Hunan and a famous port city in China, at the same time, Yueyang's comprehensive economic strength ranks second only to Changsha, the provincial capital. Yueyang Climate Yueyang City is located in the East Asian monsoon climate zone. The climatic zone has the transitional nature of the mid-subtropical to the northern subtropical zone and enjoys a humid continental monsoon climate, which [...]
Yueyang(岳阳), anciently known as "Baling", also known as "Yuezhou", a prefecture-level city of Hunan Province, is the second largest economy, an important member of the middle reaches of the Yangtze River, and a sub-central city of Hunan Province. Yueyang began in 505 BC and is a famous cultural city with a history of more than 2,500 years. Located on the bank of the Dongting Lake in the regions south of the Yangtze River, not only the traffic main artery of east, west, north and south [...]
Festivals and Activities
Yueyang, a place with many ethnic minorities, has many unique folk festivals and the strong customs, which have become the major scenery line of Hunan Tourism. Although there are many traditional festivals in China, the most exciting is undoubtedly unique festivals for tourism. Here, China Dragon Tours will introduce the representative ethnic festivals in Yueyang. Dongting Birding Festival(洞庭观鸟节) Time: February-March Location: Dongting Lake National Nature Reserve Dongting Lake is one of the seven important wetlands in China that have been included in the Convention on [...]
In order to provide a comfortable tour for visitors, China Dragon Tours provides the detailed information about useful numbers, hospitals, banks, post offices and expresses and other information related to Yueyang Tour. 1. Useful Numbers of Yueyang Fire 119 Police 110 Ambulance 120 Consumers' Complaint 12315 Weather 12121 Airport Information Center 0730-248888/0730-8221111 Yueyang Railway Station Enquiry Office 0730-3241122 Yueyang Railway Station Ticket-booking 0730-1601600 Yueyang East Railway Station Ticket-booking 0730-96020088/95105105 Yueyang Port Information Desk 0730-8592439 Yueyang Tower Dock 0730-8319121 2. Expresses and Post Offices in Yueyang Yueyang Post Office(岳阳市邮政局) Address: No. 290 Zhanqian Road(站前路290号) Tel: (0730)8274525 Huabanqiao Post Office(花板桥邮政所) Address: No. 24 Huangjin Street, Yueyanglou District(岳阳楼区黄金街24号) Tel: (0730)8612352 Nanhu Post [...]
If we go to somewhere new, maps are good facilitators for us. Our Yueyang maps cover different types of useful maps including Yueyang Location Map, Yueyang Map, Yueyang Attraction Map, Yueyang Transportation Map, and so on to help you better understand about Yueyang and plan your Yueyang tour. [...]
As a tourist city, Yueyang has enough big hotels and small hotels. Here we have selected several hotels for you based on good service and the best location. Since each hotel offers a comfortable environment and reasonable prices, any choice you make is worth it. China Dragon Tours will always find the most suitable hotels for you. Where to Stay in Yueyang Recommended Deluxe Hotels: Junlan Holiday Hotel(君澜度假酒店) Add: Northwest side of Wanghu Pavilion, Junshan Park, Yueyang County, Yueyang City, Hunan (湖南省岳阳市岳阳县君山公园望湖亭西北侧) Tel: (0730)8122888 Apollo Yuting Hotel(阿波罗御庭酒店) Add: No. 23 Yongyuan [...]