Chinese Name: 桂林 English IPA: /Gui:'lɪn/ Location: Northeast of Guangxi Population (city): 5,340,800(2017) Language: Southwest Mandarin, Guilin Dialect Zip code: 541000 Tel code: 0773 Time zone: UTC+8
Guilin, is a prefecture-level city in the northeast of China’s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. It is situated on the west bank of the Li River and connected to Hunan and Guizhou in the north, Liuzhou in the southwest, and Hezhou in the east. Guilin is considered to be the pearl of China’s thriving tourist industry on account of the natural beauty and historic treasures. The city has long been renowned for its scenery of karst topography and is one of China’s most popular tourist destinations.
- Karst Landscapes: The karst topography of Guilin is characterized by its mysterious caves, clear water, green hills and pretty rocks. Guilin deserves the reputation “Guilin’s scenery is best among all under heaven”.
- Two Rivers and Four Lakes: It refers to the water system around the city mainly composed of Li River, Taohua River, Rong Lake, Shanhu Lake, Guihu Lake and Mulong Lake, which make Guilin become water world.
- Idyllic Lifestyle in Yangshuo: Life in Yangshuo is a kind of delicious food-Luosiniang(螺丝酿) and mellow beer fish(啤酒鱼), the breeze of the Li River, the picturesque scenery, and the legendary story of the pastoral scenery the Impression of Liu Sanjie(印象刘三姐).
- Charming Longji Rice Terraces: It has its name due to the shape that looks like the back of a huge dragon. Longji in Chinese means the back of a Dragon. It is very hard to describe the beauty in word. Just come and see in flesh.
- Minority Culture: There are more than a dozen ethnic minorities such as Zhuang, Yao, Hui and Miao in Guilin. Come to Guilin, experience the unique ethnic culture.
Other Destinations in Guilin
- Longsheng County
- Xiufeng District
- Xiangshan District
- Diecai District
- Lingchuan County (Guilin)
- Xing’an County
- Quanzhou County
- Qixing District
- Yanshan District
- Lingui District
- Lipu city
- Pingle County
- Guanyang County
- Gongcheng County
- Ziyuan County
- Yongfu County
The beautiful Guilin always makes people look forward to visiting it. Large and small scenery is also innumerable. If there is plenty of time, it is best to enjoy it one by one. If time is limited, these places are must-see attractions. Among all the landscapes in Guilin, the landscape of this section of the Li River to Yangshuo is the most beautiful, and therefore the landscape of Guilin has such a famous reputation"Guilin's scenery is best among all [...]
In terms of Guilin's fascinating natural beauty, it deserves the reputation "Guilin's scenery is best among all under heaven". It is known as its Karst Landscape. What's more, 1-Day Li River Cruise and Yangshuo Highlights Tour is truly the highlight not to be missed. The Li River cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo is the centerpiece of Guilin Trip. Meanwhile, 1 Day Longsheng Rice Terraces and Ethnic Minority Culture Tour is another choice and the terraced fields are built along the slope winding from the riverside [...]
- More City Tours Including Guilin >>
- More China Provinces Tours Including Guilin >>
- More Multi-City Tours Including Guilin >>
- All Tours Including Guilin >>
Climate & When to Go
Guilin has a subtropical climate with mild climate and abundant rainfall. The annual average rainfall is 1,900 mm, the average temperature is 19°C. There is no cold in winter and no hot in summer. The annual frost-free period is about 300 days, and the annual average sunshine is more than 1,550 hours. Therefore, Guilin is definitely a good place for tourism, and the scenery is absolutely unique. The scenery on both sides of the Li River is beautiful, the air [...]
Guilin, is a prefecture-level city in the northeast of China’s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. It is situated on the west bank of the Li River and connected to Hunan and Guizhou in the north, Liuzhou in the southwest, and Hezhou in the east. Guilin is considered to be the pearl of China’s thriving tourist industry on account of the natural beauty and historic treasures. The city has long been renowned for its scenery of karst topography and is one of China’s most popular tourist destinations. It is very convenient to get to [...]
Festivals and Activities
Guilin, a place with many ethnic minorities, has many unique folk festivals and the strong customs, which have become the major scenery line of Guilin Tourism. Although there are many traditional festivals in China, the most exciting is undoubtedly unique festivals for all ethnic groups. Here, China Dragon Tours will introduce the representative ethnic festivals in Guilin. Long Hair Festival( 长发节) The Long Hair Festival is celebrated on March 3 of the Chinese lunar calendar. The Red Yao women of a small Chinese village-Huangluo(黄洛) have always cherished [...]
1. Useful Numbers Fire: 119 Police: 110 Ambulance:120 Consumers' Complaint: 12315 24-hour Ticket Service Hotline: 0773-3843922 Inquiry Desk of Guilin Railway Station: 0773-3833124 Ticket Office of Guilin Liangjiang International Airport: 0773-2845297 Ticket Service Center of Guilin Railway Station: 0773-2152222/2164722 Water Transportation Center located in Binjiang Road, Guilin:0773-2806009 Inquiry Desk of Guilin Liangjiang International Airport: 0773-3843936/3808888 Inquiry Desk of Guilin Long-distance Bus Station:0773-3833916/3822153/3822666 2. Post Offices Guilin Post Office(Lijun Road Branch) Add: No. 5 Lijun Road, Guilin City(桂林市丽君路5号) Tel:(0773)2800784 Guanyang Post Office Add: No. 30 Shengli Road, Guanyang Town, Guilin City(桂林市灌阳镇胜利路30号) Tel:(0773)4218198 Guilin Post Office( Qixing Branch) Add: No. 9 Lijiang Road, Guilin City(桂林市漓江路9号) [...]
If we go to somewhere new, maps are good facilitators for us. Our Guilin maps cover different types of useful maps including Guilin Location Map, Guilin City Map, Guilin Attraction Map, Guilin Transportation Map, and so on to help you better understand about Guilin City and plan your Guilin tour. [...]
As a tourist city, Guilin has enough big hotels and small hotels. Here we have selected several hotels for you based on good service and the best location. Since each hotel offers a comfortable environment and reasonable prices, any choice you make is worth it. China Dragon Tours will always find the most suitable hotels for you. Where to Stay in Guilin Recommended 5-star Hotels: Guilin Hotel(桂林宾馆) Add: No. 14 South Ronghu Road, Xiufeng District, Guilin City(桂林市秀峰区榕湖南路14号) Tel: 0773-2898888 Attractions nearby: [...]