Chinese Name: 北京市 English IPA: /ˌbeɪˈdʒɪŋ/ Location: North of China Population (city): 21542000(in 2018) Language: Beijing Dialect and Mandarin Zip code: 100000 Tel code: 010 Time zone: UTC+8
Beijing, “Jing” for short, is a provincial administrative region, the capital city, the municipality directly under the central government, the national central city and megacity of the People’s Republic of China. It is the political, cultural, international exchange, scientific and technological innovation center of China, as well as a world famous ancient capital and modern international city. Located in the north of China, close to the port city of Tianjin and partially surrounded by Hebei province, Beijing is also China’s most important transportation hub and port of entry. As one of the six ancient cities in China, Beijing has always been the heart and soul of politics in its long history, so when visitors explore the city’s ancient history and exciting modern development, they will have an unparalleled wealth of discoveries that will delight and intrigue them. Now, it has become one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, attracting about 140 million Chinese tourists and 4.4 million international tourists every year.
Beijing Travel Guide: useful travel information for tourists who want to travel to Beijing including travel tips,attractions, tours, weather, climate, food, restaurant, accommodation, ethnic minorities, festivals, activities, education, shopping, photos and maps.
- Popular Gateway City: Beijing is one of the most popular gateway cities in China. Since December 28, 2017, Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei have implemented 144 hours visa-free transit for passengers from 53 countries and regions.
- Multiple Culture: Beijing is a place that combines historical culture, architectural culture, food culture, Peking Opera culture, Hutong culture, modern culture, foreign culture, etc. It was once the capital of six dynasties in history, and many palace buildings were built more than 2,000 years from Yan, making Beijing the city with the largest number of imperial palaces, gardens, temples and tombs in China.
- The Combination of History and Modernity: With a history of 3,000 years, Beijing is the capital of China, providing tourists with many things to do and places to see. The city has witnessed the rise and fall of several dynasties in ancient China. Its imperial history, rich culture and modern conveniences have attracted countless tourists from all over the world.
- World-famous Scenic Spots: There are countless places of interest in Beijing, when visiting them, as if shuttling between various dynasties. Imperial sites have completed their magnificent historical mission, and now the significance is the inheritance of wisdom and culture. Today, visiting Tiananmen square and the Forbidden City, climbing the Great Wall, watching the Peking Opera, strolling the South Luogu Lane and other old Hutongs have become must-do activities for tourists from home and abroad. If time permits, tourists can also go to visit Summer Palace, Old Summer Palace, Beihai Park, 798 Art District and other famous attractions.
Hot Destinations in Beijing
Other Destinations in Beijing
- Dongcheng District
- Xicheng District
- Chaoyang District
- Fengtai District
- Shijingshan District
- Haidian District
- Mentougou District
- Fangshan District
- Tongzhou District
- Shunyi District
- Changping District
- Daxing District
- Huairou District
- Pinggu District
- Miyun District
- Yanqing District
Beijing, referred to as "Jing", is the capital of the People's Republic of China, the political and cultural center of the country, the national central city and megacity, is the world famous ancient capital and modern international city. Beijing is often the first stop on a trip to China. It has been the political, economic and cultural center of China for more than 800 years since the Yuan dynasty. Beijing is endowed with unparalleled charm by its numerous historic royal [...]
As a popular gateway city in China, Beijing tours are connected with other top destinations in China, like Xi'an, Shanghai and Chengdu, etc. Since there are countless places of interest in Beijing, it is suggested to spend 4-6 days traveling there. It is recommended to stay in Beijing downtown for 3 days. You can feel the charm of the capital along Chang'an street, appreciate the different civil culture in the deep Hutongs, feel the fashionable atmosphere of the imperial capital at [...]
- More City Tours Including Beijing >>
- More China Provinces Tours Including Beijing >>
- More Multi-City Tours Including Beijing >>
- All Tours Including Beijing >>
Climate & When to Go
Beijing climate and weather is characterized by four distinct seasons, short and windy in spring, long and hot in summer, cool and pleasant in autumn, and chilly and long in winter. July and August are the hottest months, with highs around 37℃, while January is the coldest, with lows around -15℃. Beijing Weather Graphs and Climate Features Beijing lies in the warm temperate sub-humid region, belonging to the warm temperate sub-humid continental monsoon climate. Featuring four distinct seasons, Beijing is windy and dusty in spring, hot and rainy in [...]
Beijing Transportation is convenient. Beijing is the mainland's most important air, rail and road hub because it has China's largest airport and is one of the centers of the country's rail network, and many national highways and expressways radiate out here. The urban transportation system is perfect. However, as a metropolis in a densely populated country, the traffic in the downtown area is a little heavy, especially during the rush hours at 8:00 and 18:00. During this time, traffic jams are [...]
Festivals and Activities
Beijing Festivals and Activities give a brief introduction of festivals and activities in Beijing, and tell travelers what to do for Beijing Festival Tours. As the political, cultural, international exchange and scientific and technological innovation center of China, there are numerous festivals(including Chinese traditional Festivals and temple fairs), activities, exhibitions, conventions and competitions celebrated and held in Beijing. Festivals in Beijing 2019 Besides some Chinese traditional festivals, like New Year's Day(January 1), Spring Festival(usually in late Jan. or early Feb.; February [...]
To have a better travel experience in Beijing, here are some useful Beijing travel tips which may be helpful for your Beijing tour. When plan your trip to Beijing, view our answers to questions about Beijing travel to get a better understanding of Beijing. Useful Numbers Here below are some useful telephone numbers in Beijing and postcodes of Beijing for you to have a convenient Beijing tour. China International country code number 0086 Ambulance 120 Fire 119 Police 110 Telephone Information Enquiry 114 Traffic Accidents 122 Weather Report 121 Post Code Check 184 Time Check 117 International SOS Assistance 010-6462 9100 Consumer Complaint Center 12315 National Tourist Service Hotline 12301 Legal Service 1600148 Tourist Complaints Hotline 12377/ [...]
To help you have a better understanding of Beijing, we have collected some useful Beijing maps including Beijing location map, Beijing regional map, Beijing tourists attractions map, Beijing City map, Beijing transportation map, map of scenic spots around Beijing, Beijing travel map, etc, through which you can probably know how to get to Beijing city and what to discover there. Beijing lies on the north of North China Plain, with Liaodong peninsula in its north and Shandong peninsula in its south, with a total area of 16,410.54 square kilometers. [...]
Beijing accommodation lists the recommended luxury, comfortable, economic and cheap hotels and hostels in Beijing, which can help you stay in Beijing City with great environment and service. In Beijing, the various functional areas are distributed in a rectangular ring, and divided into many different areas. The attractions in Beijing radiate around the Forbidden City, and the subway is cheap and unobstructed and covers most of scenic spots. As the capital of China and an international metropolis, Beijing serves very convenient accommodation for tourists. And also in this reason, [...]