1 Day XishuangBanna Tour with Nannuo Mountain Tea Culture and Jingzhen Octagonal Pavilion
This 1 day XishuangBanna Tour offers a chance to visit the Jingzhen Octagonal Pavilion and explore the Nannuo Mountain Tea Culture. Highlights: Visit the home of the “King of...
Code of Tour: CDT0000001248
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Jinghong-Menghai-Jinghong
Departure City: Jinghong
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Culture Minority Winter Tea
This 1 day XishuangBanna Tour offers a chance to visit the Jingzhen Octagonal Pavilion and explore the Nannuo Mountain Tea Culture.
- Visit the home of the “King of Tea Tree” – Nannuo Mountain.
- Marveled at one of the important relics of Xishuangbanna – Jingzhen Octagonal Pavilion.
Drive to Nannuo Mountain in the morning, which is a place in the middle of way from Jinghong to Menghai, famous for tea of very good quality. Fine tea tree varieties and superior natural conditions produce outstanding Nannuo Mountain tea products. Nannuo Mountain Peacock tea is a 400 gram fresh Pu-er cake. It possesses a green, glossy luster and has leaves and buds that are plump, strong, and tender. The strips of tea unfold with prominent fine hair. When brewed, the tea liquor is a bright golden yellow with a strong, but mellow and refreshing flavor. It has a sharp feeling in the mouth and stimulates salivation. The tea has strong and distinctive aroma.
Then, move on to visit the Jingzhen Octagonal Pavilion which is named after the place where it is located. The octagonal pavilion, called “Wo Su” in the Dai language, is a place where the senior Buddhist monks giving sutra, repenting, holding meetings and memorizing Buddha. In the village of Jingzhen, about 14 km northwest of Menghai, is the Octagonal Pavilion, first built in 1701 as a place of Buddhist worship. The original structure was severely damaged during the Cultural Revolution but renovated in 1978 and the ornate decoration is still impressive. The temple also operates as a monastic school. The paintings on the wall of the temple depict scenes from the Jatatka, the life history of Buddha.
Be transferred back to the hotel and service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Lunch as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.