4 Days Hohhot Tour with Huitengxile Grassland
The Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, bordering to the north with both the Republic of Mongolia and Russia, is the widest province in China (by its latitude). It is the third largest Chinese province (over 1.1 million square kilometers or 424,736 square miles) but not very populated. The province has about 24 million inhabitants. Many ethnic groups are living in this area including Mongolian, Daur, Oroqen, Ewenki, Hui, Han, Korea and Manchu. Hohhot is the capital of Inner Mongolia.
- Enjoy a stay in a yurt (tented camp), surrounded by the grasslands, large herds of sheep and cows, flowing rivers and wide, blue skies.
- Come see bright yellow rapeseed flowers and multi-colour wildflowers on the grassland and along the roads.
- Immerge yourself in the dense forests, valleys, rivers, grasslands and herds of sheep and horses
- Day 1: Hohhot Arrival
- Day 2: Hohhot
- Day 3: Hohhot – Huitengxile Grassland
- Day 4: Huitengxile Grassland – Hohhot
Day 1 Hohhot Arrival
Sightseeing and Activities:
Welcome to Hohhot, the Capital of Inner Mongolia! Clear the customs and retrieve your baggage by yourself upon arrival, be greeted by our tour guide in the airport or train station who is holding a sign on which says your name. A comfortable vehicle (non-smoking) with experienced driver will transfer you directly to your hotel in Hohhot. Your guide will help you check in. The rest of today is on your own to explore the “Green City” in Mongolian.
Day 2 Hohhot
Sightseeing and Activities: Dazhao Temple, Five-pagoda Temple, Inner Mongolia Museum
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Today, enjoy your full day tour to visit the top attractions in Hohhot. Firstly, you’ll pay a visit to Dazhao Temple, the largest and most famous Tibetan Buddhism shrine in Hohhot. It also boasts the impressive buildings, a large collection of religious and cultural relics, among which the silver statue of Buddha, dragon sculpture and frescos are the most cherished treasures. Afterwards, continue a trip to Five-pagoda Temple. Originally built in ancient Indian style, it is one of the only remaining parts of the Ci Deng Temple compound located in the Old City of Hohhot.
After lunch, be escorted to Inner Mongolia Museum. With a collection of 44,000 objects, the museum displays the unique ethnic history of Northern Tribes. This museum is a window to know Inner Mongolia deeply.
Day 3 Hohhot – Huitengxile Grassland
Sightseeing and Activities: Huitengxile Grassland
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
After breakfast, enjoy a car journey from Hohhot to Huitengxile Grassland(135 km away, about 2.5 hours’ driving). Known as “the cold plateau” in Mongolian, Huitengxile Grassland is at an altitude of 1,800 meters which features a sea of flowers, countless lakes and Heishan Mountain, with its grotesquely-shaped rocks.
There are some featured activities on Huitengxile Grassland. (a) You’ll be warmly welcomed by local Mongolians who are colorfully dressed. They’ll present you a silver cup of wine and Hada; (b) Appreciate the beautiful scenery of the grassland; (c) Taste some local favorites such as mutton and other traditional cuisines; (d) Take an optional horseback riding to visit a herdsman’s family and Aobao Hill (at your own expenses); (e) Enjoy some traditional Mongolian activities like archery, horse racing, and Mongolian-style-wrestling performances; (f) In the evening, take part in a bonfire party and enjoy traditional dancing and local songs presented by the local Mongolians.
Stay overnight in Mongolian chariot yurts or deluxe yurts.
Day 4 Huitengxile Grassland & Hohhot Departure
Sightseeing and Activities:sunrise on the grassland .
The sunrise on the grassland is one of the greatest marvelous spectacles in nature. If you don’t want to miss the chance to enjoy the beautiful scenery on the grassland, you’d better get up early in the morning. Watch sunrise and see everything turns brighter and brighter.
After breakfast, enjoy some free time to walk around and breathe some fresh air. It will be a fantastic morning before you transfer back to Hohhot. After getting back to Hohhot, the guide and driver will escort you to the airport or train station to catch the flight/train to your next destination or back home.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic train tickets of soft sleeper.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.