As the capital city, also the economic and cultural cent of Inner Mongolia, Hohhot enjoys a good transportation with aviation, railways, expressway and public transportation. Hohhot's Baita International Airport, about 14.3 km (8.9 mi) east of the city center, offers direct flights to larger domestic cities including Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Chengdu, and others. It also has international flights to Taichung, Hong Kong, and Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Hohhot Railway lines have basically covered the whole prefecture-level cities, served by two railway stations: Hohhot Railway Station and Hohhot East Railway Station. Based on the first expressway built in 1997 (then known as the Hubao Expressway) links Hohhot with Baotou, this expressway, In recent years, has been expanded eastwards to Jining(济宁市) and Zhangjiakou(张家口), and on to Beijing as part of the G6 Beijing–Lhasa Expressway(Jingzang Expressway). The city's public transit system is composed of nearly one hundred bus routes and a large fleet of taxicabs, which are normally green or blue. With those transportation systems, it is very convenient for tourists to get in and out of Hohhot.
How to Get to Hohhot
At present, Hohhot can be available by air, train and long-distance bus from other major cities, such as Beijing, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Tianjin, Hangzhou, Harbin, Chongqing, Kunming, Xi'an, etc.
Hohhot Baita International Airport
As the largest airport in Inner Mongolia, Hohhot Baita International Airport lies 14.3 km (8.9 mi) east of downtown Hohhot, and is convenient to get to downtown, around 30 minutes by car. It offers direct flights to larger domestic cities including Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Chengdu, and others. It also has international flights to Taichung, Hong Kong, and Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
Add: Eastern Suburbs of Hohhot City Proper (呼和浩特市区东郊)
Hohhot Baita International Airport lies 14.3 km (8.9 mi) east of downtown Hohhot, and is convenient to get to downtown, around 30 minutes by car. Taxis are easily available to get to airport. During the daytime(06:30-22:00), the price is about 30 - 40yuan.
2. Airport shuttle bus
There are 3 airport bus lines in Hohhot. It costs 15 yuan by airport bus.
- Line 1: Baita Airport(白塔机场)- East Railway Station(火车东站)- Municipal Government(市政府)- Wanda Plaza(万达广场)- Tuanjie Residential District(团结小区)- (Changle Palace)- Drum Tower Overpass(鼓楼立交桥) Zhaojun Hotel(昭君大酒店)- West Railway Station(火车西站), operating time: 10:00 am to 22:00 pm
- Line 2: Baita Airport(白塔机场)- Autonomous Region Party and Government Building (Inner Mongolia Bank Headquarters)自治区党政大楼（内蒙古银行总行）- Inner Mongolia Development and Reform Commission (Greenland)内蒙古发改委（绿地）- North Gate of Zhuyuan Residential District (竹园小区北门)- Development Residential District(发展小区)- Xuefu Garden(学府花园)- HNA Grand Hotel Portman Hohhot(博曼海航大酒店),operating time: 09:00 am to 21:00 pm
- Line 3: Baita Airport(白塔机场)-Hongde College (Inner Mongolia Art and Literary Federation 鸿德学院(内蒙古文联) - Oriental Ginza (Southern Branch)东方银座(南店)- Renhe Residential District(人和小区)-Household Registration Building (Public Security Building) 户籍大厦(治安大厦)- Liyuan Residential District(丽苑小区)- Haitian Garden (Entry and Exit Permit hall)海天花园(出入境办证大厅)- Military Area Guest House( 军区招待所)- Race Course(赛马场)-Xingtai Mingdu Hotel(兴泰名都大酒店), operating time: 06:00 am to 21:00 pm
You can take No.12 bus and then transfer at Municipal Government Stop to No.3 bus, get off at Xinhua Plaza, buses available from 07:00 am to 19:00 pm
or take No. 97 bus which runs from the airport to Xinhua Plaza without stop, buses available from 06:10 am to 20:00 pm
Hohhot Railway lines have basically covered the whole prefecture-level cities, served by two railway stations: Hohhot Railway Station and Hohhot East Railway Station.
Main Railway Stations in Hohhot:
1. Hohhot Railway Station(呼和浩特站)
Address: Intersection of East Street(East Railway Station) and Xilingol Road, Hohhot City
Hohhot Railway Station, located in East Hohhot Street, offers train shifts starting from Beijing, Chengdu and Lanzhou, as well as trains to Tianjin, Harbin, Shenyang, Hangzhou, Hankou, Guangzhou, Shijiazhuang, Xi 'an, Yinchuan and other large and medium-sized cities.On Wednesdays and Thursdays, there are intermodal trains to Ulaanbaatar and Mongolia.
2. Hohhot East Railway Station(呼和浩特东站)
Address: Nandian Village, Xincheng District, Hohhot City
Hohhot East Railway Station is the second largest railway station in Inner Mongolia autonomous region.There are daily trains to Chongqing, Baotou, Harbin, Wulanhaote, Linfen, Beijing West and other places.
Taking Hohhot as the center, Inner Mongolia has basically formed the highway network of connecting various cities and counties. The expressways connect all famous scenic spots and ancient relics. Hohhot also has buses traveling to the border provincial districts of Russia.
Main Bus Stations in Hohhot
1. Hohhot Long-distance Bus Station(呼和浩特长途汽车站)
Address: No.1, West Street of Bus Station, Xincheng District, Hohhot City
Hohhot Long-distance Bus Station offers dozens of daily long-distance bus shifts traveling to nearby towns.In addition, six regular bus routes have been opened to commute to the border provincial distracts of Mongolia and Russia.
2. Hohhot Tongda South Bus Station(呼和浩特通达汽车南站)
Address: No. 65, Ordos Road, Hohhot City
Hohhot Tongda South Bus Station provides daily shuttle buses to Youfang, Bagudi, Daheisha, Xinghe, Datong, Helin, etc.
3. Hohhot West Coach Station(呼和浩特汽车客运西站)
Address: No.39, West Street of Bus Station, Xincheng District, Hohhot City
Hohhot West Coach Station operates daily buses to Wulanhua, Bailingmiao, Xinzhouying, Naoshang, Dadai, Salazi and other places.
How to Get Around Hohhot
When getting around a city that you are traveling for the first time, taxi is always a good choice, it is convenient and efficient. The following information includes the operating time and rate. Daytime: 5:00-22:59, starting price 8 yuan (within 3 kilometers), 1.5 yuan per kilometer after 3 kilometers. Evening: 23:00- 4:59 am, starting price 6.3 yuan (within 3 km), after 3 km 2.5 yuan per km. Taxi call: 0471-8936669
2. City Bus
Focusing on the downtown area, there are nearly 90 bus routes to all parts of the city. Its fare is 1-3 yuan.
Nowadays, shared bicycles are available around the city, you can rent it in most places and corners in the city, even in the scenic spots, it's not hard to find a place to rent a bike.
The subways in Hohhot are still under construction.
Our China Dragon Tours can arrange a tour and book tickets for you, any help, please contact by Email: contact@ChinaDragonTours.com or Telephone: +86-871-63511469.
- Hohhot Domestic Flights
- Inner Mongolia Transportation
- Baotou Transportation
- Xilingol Transportation
- Ordos Transportation
- Hulunbuir Transportation
- Ulanqab Transportation
- Hinggan League Transportation
- Wuhai Transportation
- Tongliao Transportation
- Chifeng Transportation
- Bayannur Transportation
- Alxa League Transportation